Author Topic: PDI suspends Pugad Baboy for Controversial Strip  (Read 5137 times)

Offline Udongski

PDI suspends Pugad Baboy for Controversial Strip
« on: June 06, 2013, 01:40:54 PM »

It's a consPIGracy - Pol M.

You can sign the petition here:
https://www.change.org/petitions/philippine-daily-inquirer-do-not-fire-pol-medina-do-not-remove-pugad-baboy

And if you're on Twitter, you can also tweet PDI about your thoughts on the matter here:
https://twitter.com/Team_Inquirer

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
Re: PDI suspends Pugad Baboy for Controversial Strip
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 02:54:52 PM »
This has always been a hot button in our society.

I for one find it funny that in this day and age we still use religious precepts to fight and undermine individuals who are simply playing their part in the natural order of things.
come on Toshi!

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 03:15:20 PM »
This has always been a hot button in our society.

I for one find it funny that in this day and age we still use religious precepts to fight and undermine individuals who are simply playing their part in the natural order of things.
but religious beliefs have been with us since the dawn of mankind, and has helped shaped the destiny of mankind for good or ill. and evidence suggests that it's "hardwired" into our brain. thus, i would put forth that religious precepts which are dictated by the part of the brain that seeks to understand and harmonize with higher powers are also part of the natural order of things.

in any case, who would like to see a society where a significant, visible portion of the population, both male and female, are homosexuals?

with regards to the comic strip, well of course, someone is bound to be offended by that. Pol Medina should have seen it coming.

Online lahar

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 03:23:21 PM »
I think his only mistake was mentioning an actual name.

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 04:40:11 PM »
in any case, who would like to see a society where a significant, visible portion of the population, both male and female, are homosexuals?

What the heck kind of statement is this?  You're thinking as if being gay is a choice or that you're made gay.

And you're assuming that there is something wrong with being gay. 

A finite percentage of the animal kingdom is gay, compared to the seemingly infinite number of ignorant people.

So what if gay is normal and being straight the minority?

That part of your brain that attempts to connect to a higher power can't seem to generate sufficient cerebral voltage to hold a charge and make a point.
come on Toshi!

Offline juke

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 06:16:12 PM »
That part of your brain that attempts to connect to a higher power can't seem to generate sufficient cerebral voltage to hold a charge and make a point.
Here we go again. Would you please refrain from posting insults? The man was just trying to share his thoughts.
It seems to me that in your every post, you think of yourself as a higher being. We are all educated people here, but with just different opinion. I hope you stick it to your mind and think of that next time you post.
i5-3570k / Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme
Asrock z77 Extreme6
G-Skill ECO 2x2GB + 2x4GB DDR3-12800 1.35v
Palit Jetstream GTX680 2GB
Seagate 10GB+
LG H620N 18x SATA DVD-RW
Corsair HX620W psu
Coolermaster Cosmos S
Asus VG278H 120Hz 3D
Logitech G15 v2
Logitech MX518

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 06:20:42 PM »
Here we go again. Would you please refrain from posting insults? The man was just trying to share his thoughts.
It seems to me that in your every post, you think of yourself as a higher being. We are all educated people here, but with just different opinion. I hope you stick it to your mind and think of that next time you post.

It's amazing your moral priorities are more about the feeling of an individual who just decided to lambast an already marginalized group of people in defense of religion.

Please apply a measure of common sense to where you place judgment it seems you value his opinion over matters of equality.  Do this and then I'll try not to hurt your feelings.
come on Toshi!

Offline juke

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 06:24:01 PM »
His post is not the problem, it's the way you lambast other members here.
Until now, you still won't admit that you have that superiority complex.

If this is another forum, you would've been banned a long time ago, so you should thank your buddies here.
Asrock z77 Extreme6
Seagate 10GB+
LG H620N 18x SATA DVD-RW
Corsair HX620W psu
Coolermaster Cosmos S
Asus VG278H 120Hz 3D
Logitech G15 v2
Logitech MX518

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 06:26:25 PM »
His post is not the problem, it's the way you lambast other members here.
Until now, you still won't admit that you have that superiority complex.

Wow I'm amazed that you think this is about me.  I'm not THAT vain.

Go find another cause to be a hero for.  You've already lost this one.  Unless of course you're willing to look into the issues I've stood for -get off that soap box.

If this was another forum bigots like him and a whole lot of others would be banned too.  Thank them and those who advocate tolerance for the ignorant and prejudiced.

If his post wasn't the problem, but me calling him out on it was -then you have no problem with people who think the way he does?

If you do/say something stupid and get called out for it, be man enough not to whine about it.
come on Toshi!

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 07:06:24 PM »

What the heck kind of statement is this?  You're thinking as if being gay is a choice or that you're made gay.

A finite percentage of the animal kingdom is gay, compared to the seemingly infinite number of ignorant people.

it's just a question, why overreact?

you claim they are only doing something natural (for humans, if i may add); i ask who would like to see a substantial amount of the population of them around, doing what they do.

Online lahar

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 07:31:23 PM »

you claim they are only doing something natural (for humans, if i may add); i ask who would like to see a substantial amount of the population of them around, doing what they do.

I would be ambivalent.

Offline ris

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 07:42:32 PM »

the word overreact is the exact word he always does.  and when you get him started, he just continues on.  sir tnt2bluz, its actually the way you deliver the message and not the content.  every time someone posts his opinion on things you immediately bash it when you disagree.  you couldve posted it in a more polite way so as to not make it look like you want to have a fist fight with him
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 07:44:48 PM »

You know how many levels of *words that might irk juke* that statement has?

If the majority of couples are homosexuals then heterosexuals will be the reproductive minority.  So what?  Would we really think it odd if that was the normal?

Nature or the average is simply determined by numbers.  It just so happened that heterosexuals are the majority and homosexuality exists with no impact whatsoever on society in an evolutionary perspective.

So here's the question, if it was normal to have more gay people than straight people, would straight people be condemned as an underclass?  Would they be fighting for equal rights?

The whole point of Pol Medina's strip was exactly that.  The interference of religion and those pseudo-religious creationist rubbish baggers takes time and attention away from much needed intelligent discourse.

Calling out Pol for singling out St. Scho is one thing, but it clearly indicates a lack of self-reflection among people.  But banning Pol Medina for calling a spade a spade is a clear infringement of one's constitutional rights and the freedom of the press.

It's pitiful that you simply see this as a matter of what is "natural" in your view.  It is simplistic.

You are intimating that homosexuality is unnatural.  If going by that logic so is wanking.  Hence the hypocrisy. 

Natural is the fact that homosexuals are among us and humanity has gotten along fine with them nor is it gayer than from the beginning of male/female reproduction.

ris, you're welcome to join in, may sukli pa ata yung 2 cents mo -if it had any relevance at all.
come on Toshi!

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 07:47:00 PM »
the word overreact is the exact word he always does.  and when you get him started, he just continues on.  sir tnt2bluz, its actually the way you deliver the message and not the content.  every time someone posts his opinion on things you immediately bash it when you disagree.  you couldve posted it in a more polite way so as to not make it look like you want to have a fist fight with him

Since you're here in such an accusatory tone, what would we call your non-reaction?  Indifference?  Acceptance?  Or perhaps consent?

You seriously need to review your moral priorities.  sephiroth was clearly towing the line there and you think its ok?

I mean seriously what message would you rather send?
come on Toshi!

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 07:50:03 PM »

So what if there's a "substantial amount" of gay people doing what gay people do?

Phrasing a statement in a question is just as obvious of the positions you take.  If anyone takes more issue with me calling this mofo out for making disparaging statements about a marginalized group people, then it really is telling of everyone's moral inclination.
come on Toshi!

Offline ris

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 08:30:04 PM »

Since you're here in such an accusatory tone, what would we call your non-reaction?  Indifference?  Acceptance?  Or perhaps consent?

You seriously need to review your moral priorities.  sephiroth was clearly towing the line there and you think its ok?

I mean seriously what message would you rather send?

actually sir,i could have agreed with your opinion.  my issue here is how you phrase your reactions toward a somewhat 'neutral' comment.  you 'attack' the person and the topic and everything else you feel like attacking without any care for your targets. 

i do not want to post here my personal opinion since i prefer to keep it to myself.  cause i think it would just be a long argument where everyone losses. 

to clarify the neutral comment thing.  what i meant was, his comment was far more 'neutral' than yours.  when i read your posts, i tend to think that you are shouting and cursing at him.  while when i read his, i tend to feel that he is still open to my opinion while still having strong convictions on his own.

to answer your question regarding my opinion on the topic, i am somewhat indifferent on this.  as long as they do not bother me, im good.  para naman di ako ma off topic.  hehehe! 

regarding the comic strip, diba dating usapan na yan?  napalabas na nga din yan sa tv at nagkaroon ng articles sa newspapers eh.  parang taboo na nga na bawal pagusapan yan.  parang yung rape issue natin dito.  naalala ko nga tuloy yung mga forums na walang sinasanto na topic.  meron pa nga mga forums na banned ang word na GAY.  pag nag type ka nun magiging iba yung lalabas sa actual post mo
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 08:48:30 PM »
but religious beliefs have been with us since the dawn of mankind, and has helped shaped the destiny of mankind for good or ill. and evidence suggests that it's "hardwired" into our brain. thus, i would put forth that religious precepts which are dictated by the part of the brain that seeks to understand and harmonize with higher powers are also part of the natural order of things.

I don't think so.

We're hardwired to believe what we're told as children, and unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, as some would see it) society inculcates religious "sensibilities" into us from a very early age.

Look up Richard Dawkin's "The God Delusion," he has a very good section on it. I'll be glad to lend you a copy if you don't want to purchase the book for yourself. He characterizes religion, alongside superstitions as "viruses of the mind." We get "infected" during the young, vulnerable age, and for some carry the scars for the rest of our lives.
fhtagn

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 08:59:14 PM »
actually sir,i could have agreed with your opinion.  my issue here is how you phrase your reactions toward a somewhat 'neutral' comment.  you 'attack' the person and the topic and everything else you feel like attacking without any care for your targets. 

i do not want to post here my personal opinion since i prefer to keep it to myself.  cause i think it would just be a long argument where everyone losses. 

to clarify the neutral comment thing.  what i meant was, his comment was far more 'neutral' than yours.  when i read your posts, i tend to think that you are shouting and cursing at him.  while when i read his, i tend to feel that he is still open to my opinion while still having strong convictions on his own.

to answer your question regarding my opinion on the topic, i am somewhat indifferent on this.  as long as they do not bother me, im good.  para naman di ako ma off topic.  hehehe! 

regarding the comic strip, diba dating usapan na yan?  napalabas na nga din yan sa tv at nagkaroon ng articles sa newspapers eh.  parang taboo na nga na bawal pagusapan yan.  parang yung rape issue natin dito.  naalala ko nga tuloy yung mga forums na walang sinasanto na topic.  meron pa nga mga forums na banned ang word na GAY.  pag nag type ka nun magiging iba yung lalabas sa actual post mo

And you seem to be missing my point as well.  If you are indifferent on the matter then it really isn't your business now is it?

Every step back for equality is done in the name of "faith" and "natural order".  Until such a time when it is more than just unfashionable to be saying these things then please don't wag that finger in front of me. 

It will never be pleasant nor unfashionable to call a bigot out.
come on Toshi!

Offline altec

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 09:12:33 PM »
This forum is rather wayy deserted than i think it should be, i don't know why i put up with it (babe thread, and funny pics.)  This should have been the uh... more learned version of tipidpc.com, whereas TPC is for the hoi polloi where you have so much chaff to separate to get to the wheat. When i read up on, say, thetruthaboutcars.com, you see posts with differing opinions, but most seem to have the ability to be more levelheaded about it- it doesn't degrade much to personal attacks. Maybe because they're americans or maybe most of them are over 50, whatever, but i like the professional ambiance, and there are passages of prose there that makes me think: i wish i could write like that.

The importance of harmony for a forum's well-being has been under-estimated here methinks. How many nick handles have been chased away by non-valuable snarky remarks? Yes I'm pertaining to TNT2bluz; maybe when he's had a bad day, he'd log in PPC, spew some bile, and enjoy the show. Some people just get a kick out of being an asshole! =) (You're not offended being called an asshole do you TNT? Perhaps that's akin to a Philippine senator being offended for being branded corrupt- that's being captain obvious.) You'd see his highfalutin sentences, and it's plain to see the 'if-you-can't- dazzle-them-with-brilliance, baffle-them-with-bullshit' attempt. He's not the craftiest asshole i know, sadly. ...People, (or at least the non psycopath kind)  tend to be non confrontational. They don't create, nor engage in crap because it's stressful; as i said maybe others relish conflict. ..So from a single rogue poster, who sets the tone in a thread, and the threads make up the forums, the whole forum suffers from being ignored.

I'd go on a tangent here, but I really loved the "fake steve jobs" blog. Too bad it's gone, even the comments when it was at blogspot was great. I've brushed with SME entrepreneurs, businessmen IRL fortunately/unfortunately, but that apocryphal steve is a great asshole! Reading up on it feels like a short course MBA.

http://www.fakesteve.net/2008/03/confession-i-love-to-fuck-with-car.html

http://www.fakesteve.net/2009/11/woz-says-hell-give-me-some-of-his-facebook-shares.html

========
I'm supposed to spout some words regarding the topic at hand- just an exercise of trying to be articulate- but i've already spent too much of my evening making a post, 4 replies have been made ahead of me. But really, good evening gentlemen =).

Will never, ever buy a SONY ever again.

Offline juke

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 09:32:19 PM »
You know how many levels of *words that might irk juke* that statement has?
And do you actually know how many regular members here are irked by most of your posts? Tapos add mo pa yung mga new potential good members na lumayo dito sa PPC dahil sayo. Akala tukoy nila lahat tayo dito katulad mo.

Bro, don't you think it's time for you to tone down the way you post? You're being a bully. In fact, the only bully here in PPC. Around 80% kasi ng posts mo kasii parang lagi kang naghahanap ng away.
Asrock z77 Extreme6
Seagate 10GB+
LG H620N 18x SATA DVD-RW
Corsair HX620W psu
Coolermaster Cosmos S
Asus VG278H 120Hz 3D
Logitech G15 v2
Logitech MX518