Author Topic: Senate panel: Bush administration misled America on Iraq  (Read 830 times)

Offline jack

• Moderators
    • http://jack-jacob.blogspot.com
Senate panel: Bush administration misled America on Iraq
« on: June 10, 2008, 10:26:28 PM »

WASHINGTON President Bush , Vice President Dick Cheney and other top officials promoted the invasion of Iraq with public statements that weren't supported by intelligence or that concealed differences among intelligence agencies, the Senate Intelligence Committee said on Thursday in a report that was delayed by bitter partisan infighting.

A second report found that a special office set up under then-secretary of defense Donald H. Rumsfeld conducted "sensitive intelligence activities" that were inappropriate "without the knowledge of the Intelligence Community or the State Department ." That report revealed that Pentagon counterintelligence officials suspected that Iran might have tried to use the group to influence administration policymakers.

Committee chairman John D. Rockefeller , D-W. Va., said the administration's actions went far beyond simply being misled by bad intelligence.

"There is no question we all relied on flawed intelligence," Rockefeller said in a statement. "But, there is a fundamental difference between relying on incorrect intelligence and deliberately painting a picture to the American people that you know is not fully accurate."

"Before taking the country to war, this administration owed it to the American people to give them a 100 percent accurate picture of the threat we faced," Rockefeller said. "Unfortunately, our committee has concluded that the administration made significant claims that were not supported by the intelligence."

The White House dismissed the main report as a partisan rehash of what's already known about erroneous U.S. intelligence on Iraq .

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
Re: Senate panel: Bush administration misled America on Iraq
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 12:47:58 AM »
Amazing how it took this long to say the obvious.
come on Toshi!

Offline Hajile

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 01:39:17 AM »
You call that news?

EDIT: I actually rechecked if this was a zombie thread :lol:
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Offline reel

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 02:47:57 AM »
"Before taking the country to war, this administration owed it to the American people to give them a 100 percent accurate picture of the threat we faced," Rockefeller said. "Unfortunately, our committee has concluded that the administration made significant claims that were not supported by the intelligence."

lol double meaning, Bush bashing lolol
Save Earth. Eat Plastic.

Offline goma

• Use only as prescribed..
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 09:12:11 AM »
Duh? the whole f_cking world knew that years ago. What does that panel want for their efforts? Medals?

The next question is: what are they going to do to Bush, while in office or even after? The man and his minions lied to their countrymen to get them into an unjust war, destroying a nation and economically gangraping it. That more than enough reason to have him and his group shot for treason.

Online lahar

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 09:59:51 AM »
Welcome to 2004.

Offline bodol

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 02:29:06 PM »
impeachment?

Offline X3ME15

• Moderators
  • Render Me This, Decode Me That!
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 11:56:35 PM »
i say dump bush in iraq.. lol!

"Love is Bliss, Thus is Desolation" - a lover's gripe with humanity | "Patience is Like Foreplay.. The More You Wait, The More Pleasing It Will