Author Topic: What's on your mind?  (Read 692254 times)

Offline jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
Re: What's on your mind?
« Reply #10720 on: November 21, 2021, 06:53:46 PM »
Trying out SSA's encoding settings.

They've stopped releasing stuff, but turns out they just take SubsPlease's 1080P releases and transcode into HEVC with a couple of custom parameters.
hmmmn. thanks for this info, SubsPlease's releases are 3times the normal size of other releases, I need to check this out and auto-reencode them instead of manually looking for other subbers (I have an auto-downloader, and just leeches all SubsPlease 1080p releases)
jeremypv

Offline altec

« Reply #10721 on: November 21, 2021, 08:34:34 PM »
Life, adulting, bro-tips.

#1. I've dealt with dandruff all my life. Sometimes it flares up real bad, sometimes it's manageable. Selsun blue on weekend self-care mode seems to keep it bay. (Why is it that nowadays, it seems like every shampoo is an anti dandruff now?) I no longer use it tho. One time, i kept it on my head for 15 minutes and my eyesight got affected, not sure why, but it was awful.

What is working more than a month now and i've had the best scalp ever since is... Virgin coconut oil. I just followed the regimen of provincial maidens of old times. Twice a week, 3 hours or so. (A little goes a long way.) I shouldn't mention the schedule- better try what specifically works for you. And i eased up on using shampoo. When I've already taken a bath in the morning, the shower after afternoon exercise in the afternoon is just scrub towel and water.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-86454-1#Sec2

#2. Johnson's baby powder cornstarch on my balls is awesome. Don't overdo it. Just a little.   

#3. Those spinning mops with centrifuge buckets. Ace has the best i've encountered. Damn! It's so much more effective AND saves time at the same time. Life changing. No exaggeration. Ok, maybe i was too late in the adulting game. When to use a vac with brush attachment, when to use microfiber rags, when to use walis, when to use mops. Nowadays, even my walls and ceilings are clean.   

#4. A japanese rice cooker and induction stove. Easy to clean, and the timer function allows me not to babysit it.

Overall, keeping an abode livable and enjoyable is easier as it has ever been. The automatic washing machine as well. Ok, i still need household help from time to time but i'm no longer a slob.

#Jordan Peterson mode.
Will never, ever buy a SONY ever again.

Online lahar

« Reply #10722 on: November 21, 2021, 09:31:18 PM »

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #10723 on: November 22, 2021, 09:27:31 AM »
#3. Those spinning mops with centrifuge buckets. Ace has the best i've encountered. Damn! It's so much more effective AND saves time at the same time. Life changing. No exaggeration. Ok, maybe i was too late in the adulting game. When to use a vac with brush attachment, when to use microfiber rags, when to use walis, when to use mops. Nowadays, even my walls and ceilings are clean.   
i'm gonna get me one of those. might as well mop the floor while waiting for the pot to boil. thanks!

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed
« Reply #10724 on: November 22, 2021, 09:48:57 AM »
I have both that & the sponge type, you know the one that hardens when not wet

I can attest that the sponge type is a better floor cleaning thing lol, it dries the floor quickly, takes out stain efficiently & picks up lot's of dust, dog & human hair that would be visible when rinsed. Works well on tiled floors ^__^

Online WallyWest

« Reply #10725 on: November 22, 2021, 10:22:47 AM »
i'm gonna get me one of those. might as well mop the floor while waiting for the pot to boil. thanks!
I suggest one with a stainless spinner. It has generally better quality materials compared with the all-plastic ones.

https://shopee.ph/SUNTON-ROTARY-MOP-360-i.274154923.6440889757?sp_atk=ce2da786-aa23-4389-b8a8-766eef21f853

Offline altec

« Reply #10726 on: November 22, 2021, 10:24:05 AM »
Allow me to, not humbly this one time, but proudly recommend the ace brand. There is a pricepoint when there are so many compromises and the result is just ok, better than nothing. OK, noticeable improvement over old practices. I've used a local brand, all plastic version. It was a bit tricky to make the mop concentric to the spinner. And the rag material was nothing special; just moves around but doesn't pick up grainy, gritty stuff. Doesn't pick up girl hair so you actually need to sweep before mopping. *sigh*

Dun sa ace brand, stainless steel yung centrifuge part. Maganda rin yung absorbent mop material, the bottom of the rinsing bucket will be filled with grit. Di talaga tinipid- may extra mop head included pa. At the 999 pricepoint, the concept really comes to its own. It prolly is cheaper in the long run. Like laser printer cost per page vs. inkjet.

-------

I just received a compliment from someone without any soliciting or any hint of suggestion/framing. She said, my car smells of nothing. Nothing. It was my target all along but i didn't know if i reached it. Cars, rooms with no smell is so much harder to achieve than a perfumed, "good" smelling one. No scent to mask and hide from =). 

Online WallyWest

« Reply #10727 on: November 22, 2021, 10:24:49 AM »
I have both that & the sponge type, you know the one that hardens when not wet

I can attest that the sponge type is a better floor cleaning thing lol, it dries the floor quickly, takes out stain efficiently & picks up lot's of dust, dog & human hair that would be visible when rinsed. Works well on tiled floors ^__^
Nahirapan lang kami maghanap ng replacement sponge head for that so we ditched it. Pero ang maganda sa ganyan is that it can get into corners unlike the rotary mop.

Online WallyWest

« Reply #10728 on: November 22, 2021, 10:27:34 AM »
Allow me to, not humbly this one time, but proudly recommend the ace brand. There is a pricepoint line when there are so many compromises and the result is just ok, better than nothing. OK, noticeable improvement over old practices. I've used a local brand, all plastic version. It was a bit tricky to make the mop concentric to the spinner. And the rag material was nothing special; just moves around but doesn't pick up grainy, gritty stuff. Doesn't pick up girl hair so you actually need to sweep before mopping. *sigh*

Dun sa ace brand, stainless steel yung centrifuge part. Maganda rin yung absorbent mop material, the bottom of the rinsing bucket will be filled with grit. Di talaga tinipid- may extra mop head included pa. At the 999 pricepoint, the concept really comes to its own. It prolly is cheaper in the long run. Like laser printer cost per page vs. inkjet.

-------

I just received a compliment from someone without any soliciting or any hint of suggestion/framing. She said, my car smells of nothing. Nothing. It was my target all along but i didn't know if i reached it. Cars, rooms with no smell is so much harder to achieve than a perfumed, "good" smelling one. No scent to mask and hide from =).
Uy, maganda nga yan ah. Pwede pang maghiwalay ang tubs.

Offline altec

« Reply #10729 on: November 22, 2021, 10:35:12 AM »
 Two guys have posted while writing. Great to see that people are into cleaning as well. Making their abode their kingdom. Looks like some have a different approach that works for them well enough to recommend. Good stuff.

I was coming from this. https://www.3mphilippines.com.ph/3M/en_PH/p/d/v000084701/ Blast the dirt off the microfiber with bidet, wring it by hand, use on the floor. Rinse n repeat so many times. Presweep with Walis beforehand. Not fast, not effective =/.

As long as you don't be this guy =) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93M9ww5G1y8

Online lahar

« Reply #10730 on: November 22, 2021, 10:42:43 AM »
Allow me to, not humbly this one time, but proudly recommend the ace brand. There is a pricepoint when there are so many compromises and the result is just ok, better than nothing. OK, noticeable improvement over old practices. I've used a local brand, all plastic version. It was a bit tricky to make the mop concentric to the spinner. And the rag material was nothing special; just moves around but doesn't pick up grainy, gritty stuff. Doesn't pick up girl hair so you actually need to sweep before mopping. *sigh*

-------

Maganda itong magkahiwalay yung spinner and bucket since its awkward to carry the all-in one (bucket-spinner).

Online WallyWest

« Reply #10731 on: November 22, 2021, 11:13:18 AM »
#4. A japanese rice cooker and induction stove. Easy to clean, and the timer function allows me not to babysit it.

I agree with the Japanese rice cooker.  Specially useful before the lock down. I'd just prep the rice before going to bed and set it on timer. One less chore to do when prepping breakfast.
Ours is a Midea. Although this one has a design flaw where it doesn't have any cup to catch the water dripping from the lid. I thought it came standard with all jar-type rice cookers so I didn't bother to check when I bought it online.

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed
« Reply #10732 on: November 22, 2021, 11:40:04 AM »
anyone using robovac hehehe

as for a rice cooker, i'm using a rotary philips pressure cooker, works really well

Online sandstig

• Administrator
« Reply #10733 on: November 22, 2021, 05:15:16 PM »
anyone using robovac hehehe

Is that a specific brand, or you mean just any robot vacuum cleaners? Still using a Roomba 562 purchased in 2009 =)

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #10734 on: November 22, 2021, 06:03:03 PM »
Was about to fill up earlier. Good thing I checked petrol_price before doing so:

https://twitter.com/Petrol_Price/status/1462697447239659522

Petron ROLLBACK
₱0.85/L Blaze 100, XCS 95, Xtra 91;
₱1.20/L Turbo Diesel, Diesel Max;
₱1.30/L Kerosene;
eff 06:00AM Nov 23, 2021
fhtagn

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #10735 on: November 22, 2021, 07:16:23 PM »
Life, adulting, bro-tips.

#1. I've dealt with dandruff all my life. Sometimes it flares up real bad, sometimes it's manageable. Selsun blue on weekend self-care mode seems to keep it bay. (Why is it that nowadays, it seems like every shampoo is an anti dandruff now?) I no longer use it tho. One time, i kept it on my head for 15 minutes and my eyesight got affected, not sure why, but it was awful.

What is working more than a month now and i've had the best scalp ever since is... Virgin coconut oil. I just followed the regimen of provincial maidens of old times. Twice a week, 3 hours or so. (A little goes a long way.) I shouldn't mention the schedule- better try what specifically works for you. And i eased up on using shampoo. When I've already taken a bath in the morning, the shower after afternoon exercise in the afternoon is just scrub towel and water.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-86454-1#Sec2

#2. Johnson's baby powder cornstarch on my balls is awesome. Don't overdo it. Just a little.   

Overall, keeping an abode livable and enjoyable is easier as it has ever been. The automatic washing machine as well. Ok, i still need household help from time to time but i'm no longer a slob.

#Jordan Peterson mode.

airfryer?     
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Online lahar

« Reply #10736 on: November 22, 2021, 08:14:50 PM »

I agree with the Japanese rice cooker.  Specially useful before the lock down. I'd just prep the rice before going to bed and set it on timer. One less chore to do when prepping breakfast.
Ours is a Midea. Although this one has a design flaw where it doesn't have any cup to catch the water dripping from the lid. I thought it came standard with all jar-type rice cookers so I didn't bother to check when I bought it online.

What I don't like with Japanese-style rice cookers, in particular the clam-shell/hinge style cover is the difficulty/awkwardness in cleaning the steam vent. Over time it gets sticky with smelly gunk.

Offline altec

« Reply #10737 on: November 22, 2021, 11:33:07 PM »
^It's an often mentioned issue, but i personally have never encountered it in 10+ years. Had good luck with Zojirushi. But from what i understand, hitachi, tiger is not far behind if at all. Must be the model, maybe perhaps because i always have mine in warm/ extended warm mode. The only issue i got is that one needs to have a dedicated towel to wipe the bottom of the nonstick inner pan. The pan precisely fits the cooker that 1 or 2 grains of rice wedged in will give a burnt smell.

I ain't going back to anything lesser . That and a Honda will outlast most 'modern' male-female relationships =) =/. I feel so grateful to it maybe i should give it a waifu name and say tadaima everytime i come home! There are a handful of rice cooker recipes out there that are tasty, nutritious and with almost no prep time.

Online WallyWest

« Reply #10738 on: November 23, 2021, 10:31:11 AM »
^^I only experienced that with rebranded (Asahi, Imarflex, etc.), jar type rice cookers since it always boils over regardless of the water-to-rice ratio.
It doesn't happen with the one I have now and I'm guessing it's because it somehow regulates the heat once the rice starts boiling or maybe it has better seals.
Zojirushi and Tiger are nice but hella expensive. Hanggang Midea lang afford ko, hehe.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #10739 on: November 23, 2021, 04:51:02 PM »
fhtagn