Author Topic: Need airconditioning advise!  (Read 11700 times)

Offline dom_08

• Moderators
  • Dom Dycaico
Re: Need airconditioning advise!
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2021, 02:08:16 PM »
do you guys follow the air con calculator in different websites? i usually get 2-2.5HP for my room. i'm leaning towards 2.5hp because of the computer. HAHAHAHA

the way i understand it, the goal is to reach the compressor's minimum speed before shutting down for inverter aircons, so too big might be a problem too. 

right now i think we have 1.5hp non inverter, so it's always in max power haha. :)

Offline dom_08

• Moderators
  • Dom Dycaico
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2021, 02:08:53 PM »
the Midea U looks promising, hassle nga lang yung pagka U nya kung sa existing hole ng dati mong aircon lalagay

nakita ko nga ito sa lazada, any concerns for this one? iba yung vent placement?

Offline twistedpopo

• Tirador ng Kaning Lamig²
    • follow me
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2021, 05:32:37 PM »
Para po ata sa mga vertical sliding windows yung Midea U.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2021, 06:14:21 PM »
the Midea U looks promising, hassle nga lang yung pagka U nya kung sa existing hole ng dati mong aircon lalagay

nakita ko nga ito sa lazada, any concerns for this one? iba yung vent placement?
I'm guessing hindi as common sa pinas ang windows that you raise vertically.

Also, isn't the ideal placement of an aircon unit near the ceiling so it sucks in warm air (warm air goes up, cold air goes down)? If you place it on a window at waist or even chest level then it's not the best position for circulating the air.

Offline JM

« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2021, 09:07:43 AM »
do you guys follow the air con calculator in different websites? i usually get 2-2.5HP for my room. i'm leaning towards 2.5hp because of the computer. HAHAHAHA

the way i understand it, the goal is to reach the compressor's minimum speed before shutting down for inverter aircons, so too big might be a problem too. 

right now i think we have 1.5hp non inverter, so it's always in max power haha. :)

Inverter aircons will simply scale the power consumption based on the target room temperature. The main difference of going for a higher HP aircon is based on the room size and heat load that you have. I always go for a higher HP/BTU as much as possible and as budget permits. A 10sqm room with either a 1, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 HP will have generally have the same consumption but change that to a larger room, then the  story will be different.

Bottom line, its all about the heat load (BTU). The whole HP or TON rule of thumb here in the PH is not reliable since one does not equal the other or even easily convertible.

Offline calvin

« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2021, 01:10:26 PM »

Inverter aircons will simply scale the power consumption based on the target room temperature. The main difference of going for a higher HP aircon is based on the room size and heat load that you have. I always go for a higher HP/BTU as much as possible and as budget permits. A 10sqm room with either a 1, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 HP will have generally have the same consumption but change that to a larger room, then the  story will be different.

Bottom line, its all about the heat load (BTU). The whole HP or TON rule of thumb here in the PH is not reliable since one does not equal the other or even easily convertible.

I usually just get the largest capacity that I can afford... since the power consumption will be the same, as JM has stated.
the only advantage of getting a large HP AC will be a longer service life, since the compressor won't be working as hard as a smaller one.

Offline dom_08

• Moderators
  • Dom Dycaico
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2021, 08:29:32 PM »
so i started looking around for aircon.  apparently my current aircon is only 560mm wide, 375mm tall, which limits my options to 1hp or 1.5hp at most, unless i start destroying the wall hahaha.

Offline lahar

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2021, 09:28:37 PM »
so i started looking around for aircon.  apparently my current aircon is only 560mm wide, 375mm tall, which limits my options to 1hp or 1.5hp at most, unless i start destroying the wall hahaha.

Why not go for the split-type and just close up the old hole? Ganyan din kami dati. Limited yung options due to the size of the old hole.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2021, 01:04:01 PM »
+1
Ang consideration lang dyan is you must have a clear area under the indoor unit for the periodic cleaning and in the event na mag-clog ang drainage and your AC starts dripping water.

Offline dom_08

• Moderators
  • Dom Dycaico
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2021, 02:43:48 PM »
mahirap gawin yan during pandemic.  di kami nagpapasok ng tao ngayon sa bahay. ;D

no space above the windows, tapos the other wall na pwede, directly above the tv or computer. HAHA

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2021, 04:09:37 PM »
Compact Window Type Inverter lang yata ang kakasya sa butas mo sa wall.
http://www.jci-hitachi.ph/02products/de_luxe_split_type.aspx?id=68#a2
Inverter aircons also seem to have longer bodies kaya baka mas mahaba ang nakausli sa likod ng pader.