Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Lounge / Re: What's on your mind?
« Last post by WallyWest on December 07, 2021, 02:56:01 PM »
Got a molar extracted. Left lip is still numb.
I already have 3 missing molars and 2 wisdom teeth removed. To think that as a kid I used to envy my mother who has full dentures - just because it was easy to clean, LOL.
Lounge / Re: What Did You Buy Today?
« Last post by barurutor on December 07, 2021, 02:55:40 PM »
Last week I bought 2 used Fractal Design Define R5 ATX cases and frankensteined them together to get 1 complete one, now I can move my NAS from a Node 804 to a Define R5 with more drive bays.

Also got a used RTX2080 to improve my gpu mining hashrate by 40% (total 3 gpus only, around 140MH/s; I'm a casual).
« Last post by WallyWest on December 06, 2021, 04:24:40 PM »
Uratex Monoblock armchair to replace my broken office chair.
No moving parts = nothing to break.  :lol:
« Last post by Mr. Bungle on December 06, 2021, 01:01:48 PM »
The Asus X570 TUF Gaming Plus Wifi motherboard just arrived. It's to replace the MSI B550 Mortar Wifi which seems to have a bad PCIe display port.

I moved the 2 M.2 SSDs and HDD to the new mothrboard and proceeded to boot to Windows 10 first. The difference in chipset from B550 to X570 wasn't too great and new drivers were installed. But with the change in motherboard, Windows lost activation. I have a spare key bought from Shopee and changing to that key activated Win 10.

I then rebooted to Windows 11 and probably because it has a digital license from Windows 10, Win 11 was likewise activated with no intervention.

I am quite happy with the result so far. My fear that instead of a bad motherboard, I could have a bad Ryzen 3700X processor proved false.

In my case, I also didn't bother doing a clean install of Windows 11 despite changing the motherboard and CPU. I just transferred the SSD with the existing Windows 11 OS installation to the new board, uninstalled the old motherboard-related drivers and installed the ones meant for the new parts. Windows 11 lost activation due to the hardware changes so I was required to do a couple extra steps to reactivate Windows 11 by logging into my MS account, then in the Activation Troubleshooter, clicking "This is the device I’m using right now". This was a lot easier than the last time I had to do the same thing years ago when I actually had to call MS customer support to get my Windows license reactivated.

BTW, prior to the upgrade, I was having an issue with either the old motherboard or the graphics card with the VGA failing to initialize on POST and monitor not waking upon boot up and this was happening progressively more often and reseating the graphics card did nothing. With the new board, the problem went away so I guess the issue was with the mobo for which I'm glad because getting a new GPU at sane prices these days is hard. I did flash the new mobo to the latest UEFI firmware as soon as it was possible for me to do so and everything's been smooth sailing so far.
« Last post by motion55 on December 06, 2021, 12:24:32 PM »
The Asus X570 TUF Gaming Plus Wifi motherboard just arrived. It's to replace the MSI B550 Mortar Wifi which seems to have a bad PCIe display port.

I moved the 2 M.2 SSDs and HDD to the new mothrboard and proceeded to boot to Windows 10 first. The difference in chipset from B550 to X570 wasn't too great and new drivers were installed. But with the change in motherboard, Windows lost activation. I have a spare key bought from Shopee and changing to that key activated Win 10.

I then rebooted to Windows 11 and probably because it has a digital license from Windows 10, Win 11 was likewise activated with no intervention.

I am quite happy with the result so far. My fear that instead of a bad motherboard, I could have a bad Ryzen 3700X processor proved false.

Lounge / Re: Perpetual Car Thread
« Last post by splerdu on December 06, 2021, 12:12:33 PM »
« Last post by lahar on December 06, 2021, 11:15:43 AM »
thanks, guys! really no knowledge when it comes to cars lol
sana parang PC kahit anong brand pwede sa part na yun hehehe

just got a quote from casa, dang! P20K for a pair & they only cost around P4K here in China for a pair from taobao

Check mo KYB kung meron compatible model.
« Last post by wheelee on December 06, 2021, 10:48:17 AM »
thanks, guys! really no knowledge when it comes to cars lol
sana parang PC kahit anong brand pwede sa part na yun hehehe

just got a quote from casa, dang! P20K for a pair & they only cost around P4K here in China for a pair from taobao
Lounge / Re: What's on your mind?
« Last post by lahar on December 06, 2021, 07:34:27 AM »
« Last post by lahar on December 06, 2021, 04:43:11 AM »
are there shocks that can be used universally? usually how much would a pair of front shocks cost?

similar to this one, baic M20
https://www.eworldtrade.com/pd/citynavigation/auto-parts-accessories-shock/525813/

I think what you are looking for are OEM replacements.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10