Author Topic: Avengers Infinity War Discussion (SPOILER WARNING!)  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Sephiroth

Avengers Infinity War Discussion (SPOILER WARNING!)
« on: May 02, 2018, 09:52:46 AM »
so guy, what do you think of the movie? any questions you might have?

for me, as i said in the movie discussion thread, it was an 8.5. did not quite meet my expectations, but didn't ruin my childhood. it was overall a good movie that i felt fell short of perfection.

a few things that made me subtract a few points:
1. none of the bad-ass, memorable quotes that's similar to Infinity Gauntlet. in fact the only one that stuck in my head was "why gamorra" which was truly hilarious. but none along the lines like Thanos's "you address omnipotence. tread carefully" in the comics that i could remember.

2. Thor vs Thanos was too short. right at the start of the movie Thor witnessed with his own eye the murder of his people, his friend, and half-brother. he then went on a quest to get revenge. but round 2 was... around 30 seconds or less only? they could have had an awesome slugfest. god vs god. should have laid waste to a large part of Wakanda just to show how incredibly powerful Thanos and Thor were. a wasted opportunity.

anyway, i have several questions in my head after watching but foremost is where were the cosmic beings? surely they would have caught word of Thanos's quest and tried to stop him. the Celestials for example were nowhere to be found. are the cosmic beings extinct and it's up to mortals to undo what Thanos had done? or will they react to Thanos having played god with the universe in the sequel.

also, i can't believe the sequel will be next year already. i mean, have they even started filming it yet? i have read that the sequel could be longer than Infinity War.

Offline AJ

• sudo make me a sandwich
Re: Avengers Infinity War Discussion (SPOILER WARNING!)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 10:24:41 AM »
a really really good movie for me.

There are really lots of funny lines thrown in there. Like when Spidey and Starlord were exchaning 80s references - something about Grease is the best movie; Captain america replying to Groot "I am Steve Rogers"; Drax's description of Thor's sexiness compared with Star Lord, etc. Viewer really needs to know their pop culture to get the jokes.

Ang unang tanong ko ay yung hindi explicit kung paano nakuha ni Thanos yung Power stone. parang nadaya tayo na nakuha na agad nya from collector without scenes. Baka nadali ng editing.

I feel bad dun sa mga na-spoil about the deaths of the heroes. Sayang yung viewing experience.

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 01:56:17 PM »
wouldn't you know all about the story line since it is based on the comic book?

collector works for thanos? nung pinatagao kasi sa kanya, 1 down 5 to go sabi nya.
what is love? baby don't hurt me, no more.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 02:01:03 PM »
Yeah I'm a bit miffed at the lack of cosmics as well. Infinity Gauntlet was a showcase for them so not having them around in Infinity War seems like a glaring omission. It was my first time seeing Eternity in action.

I remember the very start was Silver Surfer getting high lol
fhtagn

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 06:15:32 PM »
Ang unang tanong ko ay yung hindi explicit kung paano nakuha ni Thanos yung Power stone. parang nadaya tayo na nakuha na agad nya from collector without scenes. Baka nadali ng editing.
baka masyado nang magiging mahaba yung movie kung isasama pa yun. baka sa extended edition meron.

wouldn't you know all about the story line since it is based on the comic book?

collector works for thanos? nung pinatagao kasi sa kanya, 1 down 5 to go sabi nya.
kahit based sa comics (Thanos Quest+Infinity Gauntlet) yung movie, may pagkakaiba rin. sa comics, for example, nauna yung death ng 1/2 ng population bago kinalaban si Thanos.

baka may plano din si collector na kunin lahat ng stone. collector sya eh. :lol:

Yeah I'm a bit miffed at the lack of cosmics as well. Infinity Gauntlet was a showcase for them so not having them around in Infinity War seems like a glaring omission. It was my first time seeing Eternity in action.

baka sa part 2 eh ipakita na nainis mga cosmic beings sa ginawa ni Thanos kaya makikigulo na sila.

Offline AJ

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 07:30:50 AM »

Well just like the Civil War movie, sa comics halos lahat talaga ng marvel characters kasali sa civil war.
Malamang hindi na nila ma-balance ng maayos yung character development kapag nag-introduce pa sila ng cosmics.

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 07:43:28 PM »
for you guys who aren't updated with the comics:

the infinity gems turned into infinity stones (after a marvel comics reboot of sorts), likely to reflect the movies.

the stones appear to be significantly less powerful than the gems. nerfed, if you will. also, the strength of the gem depends on the mastery of the wielder of  certain aspects.

see the reality stone. it's been severely depowered. previously, the reality gem can alter reality itself. it is so powerful that it can only be "safely" used when in conjunction of the other gems.

also in the recently concluded Thanos series, the time stone in the future was drained of energy. it needed to be recharged with cosmic power for it to be used again.

the Infinity Gems, on the other hand has unlimited uses, and is powerful enough to wipe half the population of the universe THEN be used in battle against Marvel's heroes AND cosmic deities.

i noticed that the Infinity Gauntlet in the movie seemed to be damaged, and maybe the gems were drained. so here's my theory about what's gonna happen in the sequel: the remaining heroes are gonna track down Thanos, get the drained gauntlet from him, each gets an infinity stone, they go find ways to recharge the stones to restore the ones who turned to ash. but the cosmic beings will be none too happy about the gems and will try to stop the heroes from reforming the gauntlet.

Offline AJ

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 08:01:39 AM »
also in the recently concluded Thanos series, the time stone in the future was drained of energy. it needed to be recharged with cosmic power for it to be used again.
eto na ang canon ngayon sa comics? parang green lantern rings?

anong story line ito? try ko basahin.

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 08:08:39 AM »
galing sa future yung time stone kaya drained siguro.

Thanos Wins storyline. recent lang yan.
https://comicstore.marvel.com/Thanos-Wins-by-Donny-Cates/digital-comic/48336

ayus yung story. galing talaga ng Marvel pagdating sa apocalyptic future settings. dati Old Man Logan. ngayon Old Titan Thanos naman. :lol:

Offline newcastle_29

• Warning: General Protection Fault !!!
    • tweet me @neil33
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 10:24:43 AM »
i think the Avengers 4 will do time travel scenes based on the rumors that captain marvel will start her movie in the 90's and then catching up with the present.   also, based sa mga costumes na na-capture sa mga sets nila, sinusuot nila yung 1st Avengers movie costumes at nandun pa si loki na nadakip..

just my opinion lang ...
i7 6700K | Gigabyte Z170X G1 | 16GB Corsair DDR4 | Nvidia GTX970 | 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD | Corsair H100i GTX | LG 29" Ultrawide 75hz monitor | NZXT H440 | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Corsair Strafe RGB Mech keyboard | Logitech G602 wireless  | Logitech Z5500 5.1

Offline Capcom

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 05:55:54 PM »

There are really lots of funny lines thrown in there. Like when Spidey and Starlord were exchaning 80s references - something about Grease is the best movie; Captain america replying to Groot "I am Steve Rogers"; Drax's description of Thor's sexiness compared with Star Lord, etc. Viewer really needs to know their pop culture to get the jokes.

I feel bad dun sa mga na-spoil about the deaths of the heroes. Sayang yung viewing experience.

yung power stone nakuha nya sa Xandar from the Nova Corps , yung reality stone ang nakuha nya kay collector. both scenes di na pinakakita paano nya na obtian :D , expect ko pa naman ilalabas ng nova corps si nova :D

btw.. ginamit ba ni thanos yung power gem against hulk ?
Intel Core i5 2500, Asrock B75 , 8gb Crucial Ballistix , Palit GTX950 2GB , 80Gb Samsung EVO  ,2x3tb Seagate SV35, Razer Krait , FSP Aurum 600w

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 06:15:55 PM »
i think the Avengers 4 will do time travel scenes based on the rumors that captain marvel will start her movie in the 90's and then catching up with the present.   also, based sa mga costumes na na-capture sa mga sets nila, sinusuot nila yung 1st Avengers movie costumes at nandun pa si loki na nadakip..

just my opinion lang ...
pagkakaintindi ko set sa past nga, then maybe time travel or time skip.

sana malaman natin kung si Wolverine ang dahilan kung bakit nawala mata ni Nick Fury. :lol:

yung power stone nakuha nya sa Xandar from the Nova Corps , yung reality stone ang nakuha nya kay collector. both scenes di na pinakakita paano nya na obtian :D , expect ko pa naman ilalabas ng nova corps si nova :D

ang isa sa kinaiinisan ko kung bakit pinag palit palit colors ng stones kumpara sa gems. nakakalito tuloy. di ko masagot tanong mo kasi di ko matandaan kung anung power and represent ng colors ng stones.

Offline newcastle_29

• tweet me @neil33
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2018, 08:59:01 PM »

i don't think they will do a stand-alone movie para kay nova.. too early i guess...
regarding sa ginamit na gem kay hulk, yes, power stone yun tapos after a while, nakuha din ni thanos yung space stone (aka tesseract)
i7 6700K | Gigabyte Z170X G1 | 16GB Corsair DDR4 | Nvidia GTX970 | 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD | Corsair H100i GTX | LG 29" Ultrawide 75hz monitor | NZXT H440 | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Corsair Strafe RGB Mech keyboard | Logitech G602 wireless  | Logitech Z5500 5.1

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2018, 09:31:51 PM »
explanation regarding the Power Stone:
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/05/04/avengers-infinity-war-xandar-power-stone-destruction/
"The sibling directors Anthony Russo and Joe Russo were asked about the decision to overlook the moments while talking to a group of high school students. "Because we thought it’d be one too many," Joe Russo said. "There’s so many stones he has to collect and you get into a trap and we thought -- we knew where it was in [Guardians of the Galaxy], so it was easy to deal with it off screen.""

Offline Capcom

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2018, 02:12:16 AM »
i don't think they will do a stand-alone movie para kay nova.. too early i guess...
regarding sa ginamit na gem kay hulk, yes, power stone yun tapos after a while, nakuha din ni thanos yung space stone (aka tesseract)

but do you think thanos used the power gem against the hulk ? pansin ko kasi sa MCU , everything Thanos uses the gems.. nag glo-glow yung specific gem na ginagamit nya
Intel Core i5 2500, Asrock B75 , 8gb Crucial Ballistix , Palit GTX950 2GB , 80Gb Samsung EVO  ,2x3tb Seagate SV35, Razer Krait , FSP Aurum 600w

Offline altec

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2018, 02:52:16 AM »
baket wala yung dude na may bow and arrow sa movie? Sorry not too fanatical about the story. Tho i've seen guys wearing avengers tshirts and caps in the lobby when i saw it last weekend... kulang nalang mag cosplay... =)
Will never, ever buy a SONY ever again.

Offline newcastle_29

• tweet me @neil33
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2018, 10:01:43 AM »

but do you think thanos used the power gem against the hulk ? pansin ko kasi sa MCU , everything Thanos uses the gems.. nag glo-glow yung specific gem na ginagamit nya

i assume ginamit niya yun dahil na overwhelm si hulk kaya di na lumabas si hulk kahit pilit pinapalabas ni bruce

Offline newcastle_29

• tweet me @neil33
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2018, 10:03:13 AM »
baket wala yung dude na may bow and arrow sa movie? Sorry not too fanatical about the story. Tho i've seen guys wearing avengers tshirts and caps in the lobby when i saw it last weekend... kulang nalang mag cosplay... =)

ahh si hawkeye? nasa kanyang pamilya at retired daw siya kaya di siya nasali sa infinity war story.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2018, 03:33:34 PM »
i assume ginamit niya yun dahil na overwhelm si hulk kaya di na lumabas si hulk kahit pilit pinapalabas ni bruce

Thanos is a Cosmic. He's as strong, if not stronger than Hulk even without the gem.

There's a cosmic version of Hulk that might be a match for Thanos, but the fight in the movie is as expected.
fhtagn

Offline lahar

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2018, 03:45:28 PM »

Thanos is a Cosmic. He's as strong, if not stronger than Hulk even without the gem.

There's a cosmic version of Hulk that might be a match for Thanos, but the fight in the movie is as expected.

Suddenly remembered the trading cards we used to collect back in the early 90s.