Author Topic: US Visa interview  (Read 4546 times)

Offline Ulysses

Re: US Visa interview
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2008, 03:54:47 AM »
Answer questions truthfully; maintain eye-contact, smile.

My brother and his 2 friends went to the embassy to get tourist visas; one of their friends was the one most unlikely to get one because of his financial standing.

Mr. Most-Unlikely was interviewed by a consul of Korean descent who was considered the terror of the visa section.

Mr. Most-Unlikely was with the consul for 5 minutes and left with his tourist visa approved.

When asked what was asked of him; he said there were no questions asked yet when the consul sneezed. Mr. Most-Unlikely automatically said: "God Bless You, sir"; the consul smiled and approved his visa.

Offline takkochan1

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2008, 05:44:00 AM »
This was 14 years ago...per advice of my siblings who had applied before me i carried with me a 2 inch thick envelope of supporting papers.  But the consul didn't even look at them...all he said was that I 20 years old and that he wouldn't be approving my visa if I come back the following year.  Two persons ahead of me were denied...the consul advised them to go around Asia first.

Offline rene_canlas

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2008, 08:25:40 AM »
Even if you get your US visa, just remember that there's another interview at the port of entry, and that you can be denied entry and deported if you say the wrong thing.  If you are going there for business reasons, try and dress professionally. Asians often look a lot younger than they really are. I have a co-worker who always brought her passport with her when going to the movies so she could get into R & NC-17 flicks.

Intel Core I5 3570K, Antec Kuhler H20 620, MSI Z77N-WiFi, 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600, FSP Raider 550W, 2 x Benq GW2450 LED, Sapphire HD 7970 3GB,  Arctic Accelero Hybrid WC, 6Tb Buffalo Terastation Pro 2 NAS, Bitfenix Prodigy, Logitech G15, Logitech G7, Logitech QuickCam Pro 900

Offline six_series

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2008, 08:31:42 AM »
medyo lax na ngayon if you're applying for B1/B2.
all my officemates got 10 years multiple, no annotation. questions asked were the usual where/what/why are you going.. just relax
goodluck!

Offline eadejesus

• Veterans
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2008, 09:26:55 AM »
OT:

ako rin dala ko passport ko lagi nung nasa 20s pa ko.  di ako maka inom ng beer sa hooters pag di ko dala passport ko. :D
I don't have a sig.  Wouldn't know what to put even if I had one.

Offline DarK_SiDe

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 11:09:24 AM »
true. just got mine last November. 10years - multiple entry.

and masmahirap yung interview sa Immigration sa Airport. kinabahan nga ako kasi naSecond Screening ako dahil sobra daw ng 1 day yung stay ko. Nakaindicate kasi 3months sa papers pero ung return ticket ko 3months and 1 day.

Offline makoantz

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2008, 03:28:08 PM »
true. just got mine last November. 10years - multiple entry.

and masmahirap yung interview sa Immigration sa Airport. kinabahan nga ako kasi naSecond Screening ako dahil sobra daw ng 1 day yung stay ko. Nakaindicate kasi 3months sa papers pero ung return ticket ko 3months and 1 day.

Although maliit ang chances, may mga kakilala akong pinabalik sa point of entry. Because of this, during my last trip to the US, kabang-kaba ako nung humarap ako sa immigration officer. But maybe I was just very lucky that day:

Immigration officer: So, you're from the Philippines. You were born in Manapla,(Neg. Occ)...you know the [surname's] (forgot already) sa Central? (talking now in Hiligaynon)

I was surprised, not only that he was Filipino, but he was from my hometown! Nawala bigla kaba ko. After a few chit chat's, he asked me if I wanted to spend Christmas in the US with relatives then stamped a 90-day admission period (til January, I was there November but my visa explicitly states I will be there for 1 month only).

//Active gadgets//
Main PC: 2009 13" MBP + 2408WFP
Secondary PC: Dimension 9200 + 2009WFP
Mobile: Galaxy Tab 7.7 + Xperia Active
Play: PS3 Slim
Running: Garmin Forerunner 610 + Walkman W262
Cycling  : Xperia Active + Garmin GSC 10

Offline ironchefhenry78

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2008, 05:16:28 PM »
For tips and tricks,just relax and smile,if you are about to ask just answer the question briefly and no need to add more answers not related to the question.and be very specific sa mga sasagutin mo kung tatanungin ka tungkol sayo tsaka anong sadya mo talaga sa US.just be yourself at ang pinaka-ayaw nila e yung nagsisinungaling,they are very good in spotting of not telling the truth and same thing din pagdating mo dito sa US airports sa mga point of entry nila,kasi mahigpit din ang mga tanong nila,gaya ng what's your purpose here business or pleasure?I hope you watched Tom Hanks' movie The Terminal ganun na ganun ang mga scene.
Well ito lang maitutulong ko dahil yun ang best advices dahil nangyari sa aming magkapatid bago kami nakarating dito and we were given multiple entries when we were there sa Phil and then we're given 6 months of stay sa may port of entry dito sa states.So Good Luck and God Bless all the way through here!!!! :mellow:

Offline ironchefhenry78

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2008, 05:25:51 PM »
By the way,may kuwento rin ako regarding naman sa Ate ng friend ko,siya naman dalawang beses syang denied,and then after a year ata when she was with his son mga 8 years old pa lang ata yung bata,nung in-interview sya a few minutes nag-complain yun bata sabi"Mom,I'm tired and hungry when are we going home?Asus natuwa yung consul sabi nung consul just a few seconds kid and we're done,after nung interview tuwang tuwa yung ate ng friend ko dahil approved yung visa nya and multiple entry pa,swerte!!!pano ba naman English speaking yung bata kaya siguro natuwa yung consul....:-)

Online lahar

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2008, 05:44:02 PM »
Depende nga yan sa trip ng consul. If you read the FAQs page ng US Embassy website nakalagay dun na walang definite trend on why some people get denied and others approved, minsan nga conflicting pa ang mga anecdotes.

Offline Ulysses

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2008, 05:50:10 PM »
Wag magdala ng cellphone, ipod  or any electronic devices; as of March 2007, bawal na magpasok niyan sa Embassy.

Offline jojitb

• http://
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2018, 09:17:24 AM »
anybody have any recent experiences in applying for a US Visa (tourist)?  tips? mahirap din ba mag pa sked?  San na ang parking? bawal pa din mga phones/gadgets? 

Will try to get visas for my 2 kids. Kami ng misis ko meron na.

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2018, 04:00:55 PM »

ito yun post ko sa isan forum. 4 years ago.

"my family of 5 got visa last year. it was first time to apply and we got approved. No documents was submitted, children are all under 7 yrs old the youngest is 4. I am separated so my current partner falls under the category Domestic Partner. Its hard when filling up the documents because my legit wife and my eldest daughter from her has a petition in the US. My present wife didn't carry my last name for obvious reason but I acknowledged the 3 kids that we produced. To sum up everything every member of my family carry my last name except my "partner". So during the interview, I introduce my wife to the Consul as my "Live in partner". During the interview we let children play around while the youngest was sitting on the booth. The consul asks the children about the age and the place they want to go. They answered their corresponding age correctly and only answered "Disneyland" as the place they want to go. The consul ask about my jobs, no of households (3 households), do i own a house (yes), do my my parents lives with me (no).
When asked about my job I told the consul that I am farm manager, and that my farm produce mangoes, lanzones, livestocks and vegetables. As for my wife, she answered the consul that she is working online (odesk) and put up an agency there which employs around 20 contractors. She also asked about our travel history which we answered "none". After reviewing the passports, the consul congratulate us that our visa has been approved.

Some tips (might help)

1.make your financial transaction online. like using your credit more often or checks.
2.always paid your bill on time. don't make local CI or put you on the wanted list because you simply didn't pay you internet bill.
3. a car installment might help also.
4. your bank statement should have withdrawal and deposits. Time deposit will not do any good. "

I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Offline Mr. Bungle

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2018, 07:50:58 PM »
anybody have any recent experiences in applying for a US Visa (tourist)?  tips? mahirap din ba mag pa sked?  San na ang parking? bawal pa din mga phones/gadgets? 

Will try to get visas for my 2 kids. Kami ng misis ko meron na.

Depende sa din sa personality nung consular officer, meron din kasi na lax at meron din naman na strict pero it helps to be well dressed and to present yourselves as being well to do and have the supporting documents just in case.

Online na yung scheduling ng interview so relatively madali lang. Just don't forget the printout because you will need to show it at the gate. There's parking near the pedestrian overpass across the road from the embassy. Bawal pa din yung mga phones and gadgets.

Offline jojitb

• http://
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2018, 05:25:57 PM »
my 2 kids got their visas approved. (10 yr multiple)

since minors sila ako as their father and sponsor was the one interviewed. main question was my work and ability to pay for the trip. dati kasi sa American company ako kaya nung sinabi ko na local company na ako, medyo sunod-sunod ang tanong. Pati exact salary saka kung ano trabaho ko. Pero pumasa naman. 

After 3 days nasa amin na passports.

Offline Taggy

• http://taggy.cjb.net
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2018, 09:35:35 PM »
Answer questions truthfully; maintain eye-contact, smile.

My brother and his 2 friends went to the embassy to get tourist visas; one of their friends was the one most unlikely to get one because of his financial standing.

Mr. Most-Unlikely was interviewed by a consul of Korean descent who was considered the terror of the visa section.

Mr. Most-Unlikely was with the consul for 5 minutes and left with his tourist visa approved.

When asked what was asked of him; he said there were no questions asked yet when the consul sneezed. Mr. Most-Unlikely automatically said: "God Bless You, sir"; the consul smiled and approved his visa.

Even if you get your US visa, just remember that there's another interview at the port of entry, and that you can be denied entry and deported if you say the wrong thing.  If you are going there for business reasons, try and dress professionally. Asians often look a lot younger than they really are. I have a co-worker who always brought her passport with her when going to the movies so she could get into R & NC-17 flicks.

Madali lang naman ngayon..  i quoted above..  tama yung sinabi just be truthful.. tapos dont overdress wala naman akong dinala just myself.

i also quoted one above yung.. pag entry sa immigration.. after a long flight.. youre tired.. and i have trouble hearing the immigration officer.. and my hearing aid died.  buti nalang im just patiently answering his questions and natapos din.. siguro just be prepared sa immigration.

Offline bravoexo

• PeopleSoft
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2018, 06:31:58 AM »
Iba talaga ang mag travel for 'fun' vs 'work'.  Ever since my first time going abroad just for 'fun', di na ako nagpapadala for 'work'
i7-3770k, GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Dominator Platinum 16Gb DDR3 1866 C9, GTX ASUS ROG Strix 1080 SLI, Crucial M4 mSATA 256Gb, Crucia MX100-512Gb SSD, Spinpoint F1 1Tb x 2, Barracuda 2Tb Green x 3, LG E2442V x 3, GMX 2.1, HAF-932, M2 850W, MCP355, Apogee GTZ, BlackIce GTX360, G502, AVerMedia LGX, Vantec Dock

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2018, 10:29:11 AM »
Iba talaga ang mag travel for 'fun' vs 'work'.  Ever since my first time going abroad just for 'fun', di na ako nagpapadala for 'work'

di namin talaga maiwasan  yun 'work' mode. i remember last time working through the entire road trip from LA to SF. buti na lang wide coverage yun LTE nila. Para kang naka fiber habang nasa van ka. 
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Offline Taggy

• http://taggy.cjb.net
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2018, 06:47:56 PM »

love to travel alone.. just for vacation.. siguro mana ako sa nanay ko.. my mom at 75 yrs old then travel different states in US by greyhound.  and she did it alone. nakakatakot  from east coast to west coast sya and jump around. now at 81 niyaya na nya ako to accompany her again sa US even sa cruise daw.. i also suggested her yung polars..   russia to north pole.. and the argentina to south pole. and shes game for it.  i hope there is still time.

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2018, 02:58:35 PM »
The interviewer assesses for candor.  Make sure you're honest about your intentions and make sure you have your math right.  You have enough funds or source of funds for your stay and enough reasons, like assets, family etc. for you to return home.
come on Toshi!