Author Topic: Why The Philippines Is Screwed Up  (Read 6789 times)

Offline mischief

• Veterans
Why The Philippines Is Screwed Up
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2006, 04:23:55 PM »
I don't like the "us against them" mentality.

Tagalog vs. Cebuano, Christian vs. Muslim, Jologs vs. Edukado, etc. It's a mindset colonizers set on us that worked all too well, and it's pretty hard to remove. The politicians are still milking this phenomenon for all it's worth.

Offline Dragon Ash

• Veterans
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2006, 05:03:33 PM »
There's another type of whiner...those who've left the country and have nothing good to say about home.

"Walang ganyan sa states" blah
How about another type of whiner?  Those who have never set foot on other countries yet they say "Walang ganyan sa blah!"
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2006, 02:20:48 AM »
There's another type of whiner...those who've left the country and have nothing good to say about home.

How about another type of whiner?  Those who have never set foot on other countries yet they say "Walang ganyan sa blah!"
You do have those general pessimists...human barbituates.
come on Toshi!

Offline lahar

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2006, 11:48:59 AM »

An American colleague once told in me in jest, that one reason the US is not frakked up is...

... there is no US Embassy in the States.

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2006, 12:37:57 PM »
I don't like the "us against them" mentality.

Tagalog vs. Cebuano, Christian vs. Muslim, Jologs vs. Edukado, etc. It's a mindset colonizers set on us that worked all too well, and it's pretty hard to remove. The politicians are still milking this phenomenon for all it's worth.
I've never really seen any rivalries between Tagalogs and Cebuanos, but more of a disclaimer by Cebuanos about how they really have nothing much to do about things that screw up thanks to Manila.

As long as religion exists there will be one too many dichotomies, and as long as economic disparity remains you'd have mata pobres.
come on Toshi!

Offline jammaj

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2006, 03:59:48 PM »
"You don't make an omelet without breaking some eggs"
It was Lenin in 1920s with regards to the destructive and grossly inhuman violence that was done in the name of Soviet Revolution.

let us hope our country doesnt take this route.
there is something in everyone of us that wants to be a romeo lee

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
Re: Why The Philippines Is Screwed Up
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2018, 06:26:46 PM »
screwed up again...
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2018, 10:32:55 PM »
This is good necro.
fhtagn

Offline lahar

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2018, 05:43:05 AM »
Salute to the defenders of Bataan. And to the Filipinos, continue to defend the Philippines!

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2018, 11:28:17 PM »
ano ba ang nangyari sa iyo mahal kong Pilipinas? 

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2018, 08:41:53 PM »
A nuisance candidate got voted into office.

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2018, 08:38:33 AM »
ano kaya ang masasabi ng mga bumuto kay du30? 

Offline popoy

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2018, 09:57:37 AM »
sabi ng mga Hapon at ibang pang economic forums na the lack of infrastructure is holding back the Filipino.  Salamat sa current admin for the  #buildbuildbuild http://www.build.gov.ph/Home/Project 

Sabi din ni World bank our projection numbers for the 2018-2019 are going up north.    Sabi ni ADB nasa golden age daw tayo.

Free education - Meron na din naglakas loob na hanapan at continuously lagyan ng pondo ito.  Available naman itong batas na ito sa previously admins sa congress at senado, pero wala ginawa, hindi nila hinanapan ng pera para pondohan. 

Madami pa...Ung pinatay sa kuwait na nagkaroon ng justice, MRT after holyweek 17 trains in operation, clark development hub, bumili nadin tayo ng sariling plate making machines LTO, pushing for regularization of workers e.g. Jollibee, ung Facebook cable na dadaan saatin with benefits, ung 3rd telco. 

shit happens.

Offline calvin

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2018, 12:43:07 PM »
^ you did notice that the news about ADB's pronouncement that the Philippines is entering the "golden age of economic growth" is in quotes... and if you listened to what the economists are saying in the news, it is up to this current administration to take advantage of this "economic spurt" to stabilize it and continue it by providing the environment to invite more investors... so what they're basically saying is that we are "headed" into that "golden age of economic growth" (we're not yet there) so they're hoping that this government doesn't bungle it up.

"Free Education" was just recently updated and approved... so tama lang that this administration is to INCLUDE it sa budget... that's how government works and that's how the law works - so if you want to be technical about it, the previous administrations were the ones responsible for updating the "free education law" (if I'm not mistaken, it was started during GMA's admin and finally approved by the Senate and the House during PNoy's admin) - so, Duterte's admin is responsible for IMPLEMENTING this law - and they did so by including it in this year's budget.

As for the LTO's plate machines, this was already planned by the agency when they implemented the changes to our vehicle plate numbering system. The initial stage was to buy the plates from 3rd party suppliers while waiting for the "new" plate machines... (unfortunately, the 1st stage was screwed by unscrupulous business dealings). While this "new vehicle plate" fiasco is going on, the procurement for the new machines were still on track (FYI, it takes years for these things to be implemented because they have to go through several stages).

First, the LTO needs to come up with the technical requirements for the upgrading or installation of the equipment (3 to 6 months)...
Then they invite suppliers for "pre-bid" conferences... (1 to 3 months)
These suppliers are then ask to submit qualifications... (1 to 3 months)
Then the government schedules the bidding... (3 to 6 months)
When a bidding goes on successfully, the agency (LTO) then submits the winning bid with their budget to the head agency (DoTC then, now the DoTr) in order for the DoTr to include this in the NEXT year's budget hearing.
Then Congress approves the budget and the implementation pushes through...
So this means, this plate machines have been in the works for at least 3 years now...

Offline popoy

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2018, 02:18:22 PM »
"Free Education" was just recently updated and approved... so tama lang that this administration is to INCLUDE it sa budget... that's how government works and that's how the law works[/font][/size]
hala I'll don't agree with you.  Ibang iba sa sabi ni DBM Diokno. [/size] [/size]

[/size]

[/size]

shit happens.

Offline lahar

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2018, 03:13:50 PM »
^ you did notice that the news about ADB's pronouncement that the Philippines is entering the "golden age of economic growth" is in quotes... and if you listened to what the economists are saying in the news, it is up to this current administration to take advantage of this "economic spurt" to stabilize it and continue it by providing the environment to invite more investors... so what they're basically saying is that we are "headed" into that "golden age of economic growth" (we're not yet there) so they're hoping that this government doesn't bungle it up.

"Free Education" was just recently updated and approved... so tama lang that this administration is to INCLUDE it sa budget... that's how government works and that's how the law works - so if you want to be technical about it, the previous administrations were the ones responsible for updating the "free education law" (if I'm not mistaken, it was started during GMA's admin and finally approved by the Senate and the House during PNoy's admin) - so, Duterte's admin is responsible for IMPLEMENTING this law - and they did so by including it in this year's budget.

As for the LTO's plate machines, this was already planned by the agency when they implemented the changes to our vehicle plate numbering system. The initial stage was to buy the plates from 3rd party suppliers while waiting for the "new" plate machines... (unfortunately, the 1st stage was screwed by unscrupulous business dealings). While this "new vehicle plate" fiasco is going on, the procurement for the new machines were still on track (FYI, it takes years for these things to be implemented because they have to go through several stages).

First, the LTO needs to come up with the technical requirements for the upgrading or installation of the equipment (3 to 6 months)...
Then they invite suppliers for "pre-bid" conferences... (1 to 3 months)
These suppliers are then ask to submit qualifications... (1 to 3 months)
Then the government schedules the bidding... (3 to 6 months)
When a bidding goes on successfully, the agency (LTO) then submits the winning bid with their budget to the head agency (DoTC then, now the DoTr) in order for the DoTr to include this in the NEXT year's budget hearing.
Then Congress approves the budget and the implementation pushes through...
So this means, this plate machines have been in the works for at least 3 years now...

Correct. Any policy effects from a sitting adminsitration will only be felt, 3-4 years or even near its end. Most of the "successes" of the current admin are still mostly after-effects of the previous one. Kaya ang dami natatawa dun sa credit-grabbing ni Sec. Villar sa bagong hiway going to Baguio.

Offline calvin

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2018, 10:14:49 AM »
"Free Education" was just recently updated and approved... so tama lang that this administration is to INCLUDE it sa budget... that's how government works and that's how the law works[/font][/size]
hala I'll don't agree with you.  Ibang iba sa sabi ni DBM Diokno. [/size] [/size]

[/size]

[/size]

Here's how it started under GMA's term: (interest free student loan)
http://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/CHEDLink_08_No_1.pdf

This was then improved on under PNoy's term:
https://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra2013/ra_10533_2013.html

Both of these have now been consolidated and updated in 2016 and finally approved by PD30 last year:
https://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra2017/pdf/ra_10931_2017.pdf

Since it was only approved in August of last year, the agencies involved (DepEd and CHEd) had to come up with IRR before it can be included in the budget.

Offline popoy

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2018, 03:38:46 PM »
I'm not contending the bill, like I said it was available to the previous admins, your links just proved that.  I am going to add what is the most important parts that you missed.  Even though there is a bill, it still had to go through congress, the senate, plenary which means voting.  If it didn't get the sufficient numbers of vote, it won't pass - I hope this clear.  The president and his allies pushed for the senate/congress calendars to get this prioritized.  Most importantly they provided the numbers here, it passed because of that, because D30 and his allies pushed for it.   

I want to also drive my first point that there was no money to fund this.  Straight from the horse's mouth, no skirting around, interview with budget management Diokno will confirm this.  D30 was insistent and they made it happen.

Also I'm not in a google-fu search contest with anybody.  These are my views and what I believe to be true. 
shit happens.

Offline Taggy

• http://taggy.cjb.net
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2018, 09:51:43 PM »
haha binasa ko pa uli sa thread starter..   still nice discussion.

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2018, 06:06:00 PM »
1. ang taas ngayon ng bilihin. lesser items for our 2k grocery budget a week.  less travel because gas is expensive. 

2. why on earth you need to kill a 50 billion dollar  tourism industry like boracay?  i am in favor of cleaning up  boracay but
 they should have done it discreetly and with planning and coordination.   

3. drug menace is still here. no drug lords or big time dealers have been arrested.

4. more crooks out of jail.

5. except ww2 i think its the first time we lost a major city  in a battle.

6. mrt  pinolitika pwede na palang gamitin

7. napakahirap kumuha ng driver's lic at passport.

8. drug smuggling
etc