Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Lounge / Re: What Song Are You Listening To?
« Last post by lahar on January 16, 2019, 09:09:44 PM »
Giyang by Razorback

https://youtu.be/fDCZE5TfohU
Hardware / Re: Pc Rigs, Pics And Specs "Discussion Thread" =)
« Last post by altec on January 16, 2019, 08:54:04 PM »
Wala sa benstore, villman, pcx, etc. Pero meron pala sa tpc na coffelake https://tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=43224290
« Last post by altec on January 16, 2019, 08:48:47 PM »
I dont understand why this isnt offered here:
« Last post by altec on January 16, 2019, 08:21:37 PM »
Thanks for the input! Just as is my suspicion, the stocks i saw are old stock, older than 6 months... Not sure if i'll wait around for the newer spec'ed variants...
Lounge / Re: What's on your mind?
« Last post by splerdu on January 16, 2019, 08:04:01 PM »
^ Fuck that shit, man.
Someone sent me the video and I'm definitely not watching it.
« Last post by splerdu on January 16, 2019, 07:42:46 PM »
^ No i3-8100U option? Most retailers don't bother adjusting prices of old stuff downward, so a Coffee Lake i3 should only be slightly more expensive than Kaby Lake while being the equivalent of the previous-gen i5.

The N5000 is pretty good for a Pentium, a quick CPU-Z bench puts it about even with the i3-7100U. But if you're gonna do the occasional game HD620 is faster than HD605. I have ASUS i3-7100U and N5000 laptops side by side right now and they're pretty much indistinguishable doing regular office/browsing stuff, but open a game and the i3 is noticeably better.

Additional notes: The RAM is probably soldered on and single channel so you'll want to add the price of a 4GB SODIMM to get dual channel operation (this makes a big difference, especially when doing anything graphics. 4GB is too small either way)
Networking/Web / Re: Question about copying files over the network
« Last post by splerdu on January 16, 2019, 07:28:51 PM »
^ Will it do that? IIRC WDS requries every base station to forward to others, but if the LAN portion of the router is also acting as a switch then it should recognize that the packets from PC1 to PC2 don't even need to touch the base station and will thus avoid any WDS relaying requirements.

@WallyWest

Why not just do a traceroute between PC1 and PC2. That should show exactly what route the packets take. Then to test if those same packets are getting mirrored try doing a large file transfer from PC1 to PC2 while simultaneously doing an internet speedtest from router2, maybe from a third device.

If the packets from PC1 to PC2 are also being mirrored via WDS then speedtest will be affected by the file transfer because LAN level bandwidth is sure to saturate the wireless link.
Networking/Web / Re: Question about copying files over the network
« Last post by jeremypv on January 16, 2019, 06:00:07 PM »
it will be handled by both, in WDS setup, every packet that runs on either one end, will be copied to the other one.
for your question (i'm assuming performance), it's as if it is only handled by Router2 (but data will be duplicated to Router1)
« Last post by altec on January 16, 2019, 04:59:26 PM »
My requirement kase is an ips display na full hd and this fits the bill. Also, ssd upgradeability when the hdd is filled with... Taggy goodies.
« Last post by altec on January 16, 2019, 04:56:11 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10