Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Lounge / Re: Perpetual Car Thread
« Last post by bravoexo on August 17, 2018, 04:33:19 PM »
No matter... they just called it off. 
Lounge / Re: What's on your mind?
« Last post by Sephiroth on August 17, 2018, 04:24:18 PM »
I think around 2014 (perhaps even earlier because that was the time I got back to the Philippines and resumed paying for our PLDT subscription) nung nagsimula silang maging strict sa deadline. I remember in 2011-2012, I can let the subsciption go into arrears for a max of 3 months before they cut the service.

Anyway, also experienced non-receipt of billing last June, only to be slapped a 2 month bill and a warning. I think the ongoing dispute between PLDT management and contractuals and DOLE is taking a toll on their services.
parang last year lang yata di naging regular yung delivery ng bill sa amin di naman kami naputulan ng internet, kaya nagulat ako. baka depende sa location yung kung kailan naging applicable yung early disconnection.

baka nga dahil sa problem sa PLDT vs DOLE kaya ganyan. kung may matinong alternative lang sa PLDT dito sa amin pinalitan ko na, gaya nung pinaputol ko Skycable nung halos 3 weeks nang walang service sa amin kaya nainip dad ko at pinalitan ko na lang ng ABS CBN TV Plus Box. ok naman kay dad, mas malinaw yung quality kaysa sa cable.

I have opted not to receive statement via snail-mail,  and still have some bills not received (checking online, April, i don't have the e-statement)... so it's really a problem within PLDT i guess.
monthly naman nagpapadala ng text PLDT sa akin so sana tuloy tuloy yan kaysa naman maputol uli.
« Last post by lahar on August 17, 2018, 03:03:44 PM »
haha. everyone cheats

Buwisit itong pauso ng MMDA na single driver ban sa EDSA. At 6am, I'm usually on EDSA for 30 minutes only (QC to Makati). With this scheme, I'll be (and thousands of other cars) on the road (side streets & c5) for an hour or more clogging up these already congested roads. Is it time to get manyak tints?

Ok sana yung contactless apprehension. Pero paano in my case, my kid is still young, he's not allowed to sit in front during long drives. And when he sits in the back, he wants someone sitting next to him. The HD CCTVs only captures the front seats, not those seated at the back.
« Last post by jeremypv on August 17, 2018, 02:53:11 PM »
they're not that bright to do that. (just my 2cents), you're just over-analyzing it, they just wanna shove anything that comes to mind so to distract the people to the actual problem which is the public transport is awful (in terms of driver behavior and the how people want to take them instead of bringing a personal ride), and they can't do anything about it, since their pockets are tied to them

fortunately, i travel around 6am, and before 5pm, I don't have to think about it when I travel on edsa
Networking/Web / Re: May nabago ba sa myDSL ninyo?
« Last post by lahar on August 17, 2018, 02:14:22 PM »
congrats!! does this mean their customer service has people again? natengga yung supposed upgrade namin to fibr (pero malamang vdsl last few meters because condo din kami like you though lowrise), pupuntahan na dapat for site inspection, tapos di na natuloy nagkatanggalan na ng contractual. wtf.

My wife and son had gone to the PLDT office at Felix Avenue in Cainta. My wife noted the CSR people looked like the same ones she saw over 10 years ago when she applied for DSL, only older. The queue was quite long and it seemed to her almost everyone was applying for fibre.

It seems that the installers were contractual.

Installers are independent contractors, not PLDT employees. Ang ginawa ko nag-apply lang via PLDT website and they installed it within a week, although it took another week for them to activate it. Strangely though, after 2 weeks another installer came calling. I suspect that the second was from the agent I applied with last year.

May loss of speed din when going from fiber to vdsl. See my sig. I subscribed on 100mbps fiber in Japan but only until the junction box outside the apartment building. Inside its normal copper line.
« Last post by borgy_t on August 17, 2018, 12:48:07 PM »
^thanks dude. hmm it seems the recourse would be to go to a PLDT office instead of relying on sales agents.

nagsara na daw yung sa boni though so have to find another branch close to us (manda/pasig area).
« Last post by motion55 on August 17, 2018, 11:39:51 AM »
congrats!! does this mean their customer service has people again? natengga yung supposed upgrade namin to fibr (pero malamang vdsl last few meters because condo din kami like you though lowrise), pupuntahan na dapat for site inspection, tapos di na natuloy nagkatanggalan na ng contractual. wtf.

My wife and son had gone to the PLDT office at Felix Avenue in Cainta. My wife noted the CSR people looked like the same ones she saw over 10 years ago when she applied for DSL, only older. The queue was quite long and it seemed to her almost everyone was applying for fibre.

It seems that the installers were contractual.

« Last post by jojitb on August 17, 2018, 11:28:32 AM »
re: HOV EDSA

I have a feeling that the MMDA knows that this OA scheme will not work but it is not their main objective. I think ultimately they want to push again for the HOV lane (innermost) and Dark Tint ban.  But to get the people to agree, they want the public to volunteer the idea. Parang lalabas nakipag compromise sila o pinagbigyan tayo.  that's my conspiracy theory for the day.
« Last post by motion55 on August 17, 2018, 11:24:37 AM »
We are upgrading from DSL plan 999 (allegedly 5mbps) + phone to UNLI Fibr 1899. But because we are on a condo, the fiber cable is only up to the wiring closet at the ground floor. The last few meters will be using VDSL.

I said "alleged" because before the ADSL modem would indicate only a downstream rate of about 4mbps. We were getting only about 3.6mbps effective download rate and a piss poor 700kbs upload rate. Soon after we applied for the upgrade, the downstream rate went up to 20mbps. On Speedtest, we were getting 16mbps.

The technician delivered the VDSL modem the other day but did not proceed to upgrade because our line was "not yet activated". A PLDT inspector came this morning and wondered why we are still on ADSL.

The VDSL modem is model HG180U. I wonder if it is easy to switch to bridge mode. The pure fibr modem I am using at the office settings can't be changed. I asked PLDT to remotely switch it to bridge mode so I can forward ports from my router.

what floor is your unit in?
my classmate was able to ask the technician to install the fiber all the way to his unit on the 8th floor...

Yes it would be nice to have fiber all the way. The past few days rains have put a crackling sound to the dial tone.

We're at the 4th floor. It's a DMCI condo complex. It's a low rise condo (5floor building but over 20 units per floor). I think it might be possible to convince the installer to string the extra length of fiber to the unit itself as we are just above the wiring closet. But that would also mean switching modems from VDSL to a fibre modem.  I haven't met the installer as I am away during the day.

« Last post by borgy_t on August 16, 2018, 11:37:45 PM »
We are upgrading from DSL plan 999 (allegedly 5mbps) + phone to UNLI Fibr 1899. But because we are on a condo, the fiber cable is only up to the wiring closet at the ground floor. The last few meters will be using VDSL.

I said "alleged" because before the ADSL modem would indicate only a downstream rate of about 4mbps. We were getting only about 3.6mbps effective download rate and a piss poor 700kbs upload rate. Soon after we applied for the upgrade, the downstream rate went up to 20mbps. On Speedtest, we were getting 16mbps.

The technician delivered the VDSL modem the other day but did not proceed to upgrade because our line was "not yet activated". A PLDT inspector came this morning and wondered why we are still on ADSL.

The VDSL modem is model HG180U. I wonder if it is easy to switch to bridge mode. The pure fibr modem I am using at the office settings can't be changed. I asked PLDT to remotely switch it to bridge mode so I can forward ports from my router.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10