Author Topic: May nabago ba sa myDSL ninyo?  (Read 115042 times)

Offline borgy_t

• challenge accepted
Re: May nabago ba sa myDSL ninyo?
« Reply #1200 on: January 16, 2018, 02:46:05 PM »
^hmm so why didn't PLDT want to update my DSL plan to Fibr because our condo is "not fibr-ready"?
Intel Core i5-4440 w/ Deepcool Ice Edge Mini FS 2.0 | Asus B85M-G | Zotac Geforce GTX960 2GB (128-bit) | G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mushkin Reactor 1TB | Dell U2311H | Corsair VS550 | Tecware Alpha | SteelSeries Rival 300 | SteelSeries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline ris

« Reply #1201 on: January 16, 2018, 09:48:57 PM »
^hmm so why didn't PLDT want to update my DSL plan to Fibr because our condo is "not fibr-ready"?

yung condo namin inuna muna maglagay ng parang box sa pinaka terminal bago naging "fibr-ready" yung units.  so by "fibr-ready" i guess they mean wala pa kayo nung box kung saan ikakabit ang fibr for every unit.  may 8 slots per box ata yun.  kaya siguro dapat listo ka sa ganyan.  check mo ng mabuti kung meron nang box na nilalagay at monitor mo kung matatapos na.  parang limited slots din kasi ata nilalagay nila per condo
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline jojitb

• http://
« Reply #1202 on: January 17, 2018, 03:44:54 PM »
at last nagka Fibr din! Switcher promo 1899.  No major problems with globe pero 13 out of 15mbps is a bit too slow for us now that my wife and kids discovered netflix.

Still at work so cannot check yet, can I port forward/assign DMZ? Sabi sa TPC thread locked na daw yun modem? Umaandar pa ba yung workarounds?

Offline motion55

« Reply #1203 on: January 17, 2018, 06:17:12 PM »
Still at work so cannot check yet, can I port forward/assign DMZ? Sabi sa TPC thread locked na daw yun modem? Umaandar pa ba yung workarounds?

I called 171 to request to put my router on the DMZ. They sent over a tech to inspect my router. The tech recommended to just simply put the Fibre modem (ONU) on bridge mode. After inspecting to see if my router is "Fibre capable", he called their office and PLDT changed the settings of the ONU remotely. Now my router is getting the public IP. However, you would lose internet connectivity from the ONU's built-in WiFi.

Even if the ONU is in bridge mode, the phone still works. It seems to not rely on the IP connection.

On my condo, we are still on DSL. Through the years, service has slowly degraded in quality. The 5mbps plan can barely sustain one Youtube user. I received a small note today informing that we (whole building) will lose phone and internet service on Jan. 20. It is part of PLDT's "continuing drive to improve service". Hopefully that includes the upgrade to Fibre.

"Set your mind free!"

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #1204 on: January 17, 2018, 09:15:05 PM »
at last nagka Fibr din! Switcher promo 1899.  No major problems with globe pero 13 out of 15mbps is a bit too slow for us now that my wife and kids discovered netflix.

You get an extended trial period for iFlix since you're now a PLDT subscriber. I signed up on New Year's and my trial period ends on April 30 just because I'm on PLDT.

Offline borgy_t

• challenge accepted
« Reply #1205 on: January 18, 2018, 09:43:43 AM »
are the max attainable download/upload rate shown in the router settings related to the quality of the cable laid on your place or is it an artificial limit imposed by your provider?

my max download rate is around 8000+ kbps (8mbps), and my plan's download rate is 4mbps. does this mean even if i switch providers this will still be my max rate, e.g. it has to do with the cable running up from our condo's cabinet to my unit?
Intel Core i5-4440 w/ Deepcool Ice Edge Mini FS 2.0 | Asus B85M-G | Zotac Geforce GTX960 2GB (128-bit) | G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mushkin Reactor 1TB | Dell U2311H | Corsair VS550 | Tecware Alpha | SteelSeries Rival 300 | SteelSeries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1206 on: January 18, 2018, 10:18:24 AM »
^ It's from the combination of all the cables from the modem up to the DSLAM. Moderm to cabinet is part of it, but the major factor should be the outdoor lines from condo to telco exchange.
fhtagn

Offline borgy_t

• challenge accepted
« Reply #1207 on: January 18, 2018, 10:40:51 AM »
thanks. hmm i may just stay with PLDT and not switch to Globe with their unli promo now. what concerns me too is it doesn't look feasible i can keep PLDT as a backup if i switch because there's only one phone jack in our unit. was also concerned that i may not get the max 20mbps advertised DL speed for plan 1899.

Offline motion55

« Reply #1208 on: January 18, 2018, 11:08:12 AM »
are the max attainable download/upload rate shown in the router settings related to the quality of the cable laid on your place or is it an artificial limit imposed by your provider?

my max download rate is around 8000+ kbps (8mbps), and my plan's download rate is 4mbps. does this mean even if i switch providers this will still be my max rate, e.g. it has to do with the cable running up from our condo's cabinet to my unit?

It is the lesser of the 2 limits. It is artficially limited by the DSL slot and line checked by the modem if it is really achieved. In that case, it adapts to a lower rate. My DSL modem is artificially throttled to 4192kbps downstream datarate. Before it was 6000+kbps. That's on the old Xperience 5mbps plan that no longer exists. It seems I have been downgraded to 3mbps (plan 1299) but I am still paying 1599/month for phone+DSL service.

You need to have Fibre or VDSL to realistically attain 20mbps.
"Set your mind free!"

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #1209 on: January 18, 2018, 11:38:45 AM »

It is the lesser of the 2 limits. It is artficially limited by the DSL slot and line checked by the modem if it is really achieved. In that case, it adapts to a lower rate. My DSL modem is artificially throttled to 4192kbps downstream datarate. Before it was 6000+kbps. That's on the old Xperience 5mbps plan that no longer exists. It seems I have been downgraded to 3mbps (plan 1299) but I am still paying 1599/month for phone+DSL service.

You need to have Fibre or VDSL to realistically attain 20mbps.
Mine's been brought back up to 6000kbps. Maybe they're still doing some upgrades in your area?

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1210 on: January 18, 2018, 08:05:53 PM »

I think the meat of borgy_t's question was whether or not he could achieve speeds higher than 8Mbps by switching providers (or plans), in case it was the physical lines in their building that was limiting his link speed to 8Mbps.

IMO if Fibr is available then do the upgrade anyway (it's still cheaper per Mb than DSL), then bug your building admin to run a fresh RJ45 for you if the plan's advertised speed ends up unattainable.
fhtagn

Offline uvax

« Reply #1211 on: January 22, 2018, 05:44:29 PM »
PLDT replaced my modem because it was already constantly hanging up.New modem is a PROLiNK PRS1241B ADSL2+ Wireless Modem/Router. Problem is the logon adminpldt/1234567890 does not work anymore. Anyone know what the new logon is?

Offline bravoexo

• PeopleSoft
« Reply #1212 on: January 23, 2018, 01:25:05 AM »
I think the meat of borgy_t's question was whether or not he could achieve speeds higher than 8Mbps by switching providers (or plans), in case it was the physical lines in their building that was limiting his link speed to 8Mbps.

In our case, residential myDSL pro that was advertised at 15Mbps, but for years PLDT could only give us at best 8Mbps (attempted several times with a powerpack add-on at their side of the network appliance, IIRC but that caused too much disconnections)...until they moved us to a different junction box 2 blocks further away than the old one...and now could get decent 14-15Mbps, per our plan.  Process to move took us around 2-3 weeks, IIRC. 
i7-3770k, GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Dominator Platinum 16Gb DDR3 1866 C9, GTX ASUS ROG Strix 1080 SLI, Crucial M4 mSATA 256Gb, Crucia MX100-512Gb SSD, Spinpoint F1 1Tb x 2, Barracuda 2Tb Green x 3, LG E2442V x 3, GMX 2.1, HAF-932, M2 850W, MCP355, Apogee GTZ, BlackIce GTX360, G502, AVerMedia LGX, Vantec Dock

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1213 on: January 30, 2018, 11:47:57 AM »

Fibr dudes came in today. Kaso bagal sa room ko, wifi isn't reaching well after moving the router downstairs, and my onboard LAN is fried from a lightning strike. Gotta go and pick up a PCIe LAN card later...

Slow-ass Speedtest from my room lol:

fhtagn

Offline ris

« Reply #1214 on: January 30, 2018, 01:02:40 PM »

Fibr dudes came in today. Kaso bagal sa room ko, wifi isn't reaching well after moving the router downstairs, and my onboard LAN is fried from a lightning strike. Gotta go and pick up a PCIe LAN card later...

Slow-ass Speedtest from my room lol:

swerte!  double ang nakuha mong upload speed!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1215 on: January 30, 2018, 01:16:27 PM »
I can now pay back the internet by seeding on torrents after years of being a leeching bastard!  :silly:

Update:

It's good to be wired!

fhtagn

Offline Taggy

• http://taggy.cjb.net
« Reply #1216 on: January 30, 2018, 08:53:27 PM »
kung pwede lang mag reklamo kaso im "piggybacking" lang pag dito sa bahay.  :lol:

Offline jojitb

• http://
« Reply #1217 on: January 31, 2018, 02:30:46 PM »
I love having 20mbps upload. I was able to backup one of  my picture libraries to google drive in just a few hours.  with the old 0.9mbps globe dsl, it took a day and made our downloads crawl.

Offline Mr. Bungle

« Reply #1218 on: February 12, 2018, 11:52:19 AM »
May nabago sa MyDSL namin. VDSL2 na ngayon.  :silly:

Offline wheelee

• This is a test of the emergency sound system....
« Reply #1219 on: February 12, 2018, 12:05:48 PM »
I can now pay back the internet by seeding on torrents after years of being a leeching bastard!  :silly:

Update:

It's good to be wired!

wowzers! anong plan yan?
what is love? baby don't hurt me, no more.