Author Topic: May nabago ba sa myDSL ninyo?  (Read 112606 times)

Offline WallyWest

Re: May nabago ba sa myDSL ninyo?
« Reply #1180 on: November 25, 2017, 02:26:55 PM »
^ Chrome has its own internal DNS cache that might have gotten contaminated with badly resolved names. PLDT's DNS servers are known to flake out sometimes and might have given your Chrome some food poisoning.

To fix go to: chrome://net-internals/#dns

and clear your host cache then go to

chrome://net-internals/#sockets

and flush sockets. Also check Chrome's proxy config in case something might have gotten set in there.
Alright. Thanks!

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Online splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1181 on: November 26, 2017, 12:22:31 AM »
PLDT rolling out fiber in our area. Wreaking havok on gaming pings while they work though...
fhtagn

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #1182 on: January 11, 2018, 10:37:08 PM »
What's the catch? Seems too good to be true (assuming that we do have fibr in our area).

Offline calvin

« Reply #1183 on: January 11, 2018, 10:50:42 PM »
^When I upgraded to fibr... my monthly bill actually went down.
I used to pay ~6K for voice and 15 mbps DSL service, now it's down to 2899/month for a 50 mbps fibr plan.

Offline ris

« Reply #1184 on: January 12, 2018, 02:45:37 AM »
What's the catch? Seems too good to be true (assuming that we do have fibr in our area).

the speed boost is only good for 3 or 6 months.  after that you go back to 50mbps which is your real speed.  and if you apply for the 20mbps plan, your upgrade would be to 50mbps.  the "no change in your monthly bill" assumes that you avail of the same amount as your current plan. 

also take note that your landline would now be connected to your router so if you turn off your router you also do not have landline service
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #1185 on: January 12, 2018, 04:31:25 AM »

the speed boost is only good for 3 or 6 months.  after that you go back to 50mbps which is your real speed.  and if you apply for the 20mbps plan, your upgrade would be to 50mbps.  the "no change in your monthly bill" assumes that you avail of the same amount as your current plan. 

also take note that your landline would now be connected to your router so if you turn off your router you also do not have landline service
Thanks!
I suppose there will be a new lock in period too.

Landline connected to router? So how do you call tech support when fibr is down?

Online motion55

« Reply #1186 on: January 12, 2018, 04:53:26 AM »
Fibre will be good for your health.
"Set your mind free!"

Offline wheelee

• This is a test of the emergency sound system....
« Reply #1187 on: January 12, 2018, 11:08:54 AM »
3rd player coming in soon, so we will see lot's of this from globe/ smart
i hope the 3rd player will kickass!!!
what is love? baby don't hurt me, no more.

Online lahar

Offline wheelee

• This is a test of the emergency sound system....
« Reply #1189 on: January 12, 2018, 11:47:03 AM »
i think they are also in talk with some ausie/ u.s. telcos if things dont work out with the chinese.
what is love? baby don't hurt me, no more.

Offline ris

« Reply #1190 on: January 12, 2018, 12:24:57 PM »

Thanks!
I suppose there will be a new lock in period too.

Landline connected to router? So how do you call tech support when fibr is down?

if only the internet is down you would still be able to use the landline.  but if the fiber line is broken then youre screwed.  lolz!  a suggestion i read is that you use a smart mobile sim to call since there is no charge if you use that.  and if its a different network, you just dial 8888-171.  charges would apply if you do not use a smart sim though

Online motion55

« Reply #1191 on: January 12, 2018, 07:03:17 PM »
It is the same problem with the old copper wires. If the wires are broken, you can't call.
"Set your mind free!"

Offline ris

« Reply #1192 on: January 13, 2018, 06:15:41 AM »
It is the same problem with the old copper wires. If the wires are broken, you can't call.

oo nga pala.  tama nga.  another thing i forgot to mention is.  pag walang kuryente wala ka din landline.  yun pala.  unlike the copper wires where you could still use your phone even without electricity in your home

Offline jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
« Reply #1193 on: January 13, 2018, 09:20:37 AM »
I have a 500VA UPS connected to my modem and router, and it outlasted a 40minute power outage here once, phone/internet works during the power-outage...
jeremypv

Online motion55

« Reply #1194 on: January 13, 2018, 10:46:36 AM »
I have a DIY 12VDC output UPS connected to my NAS and PLDT Fibre modem. It can last a power outage longer than 1 hour. I leave it unattended in my office. One time, when power went out at night, the modem lost internet connection even with the UPS. We only restored internet after manually I rebooted the Fibre modem. I no longer put the modem on the UPS. Just the NAS na lang.

I switched from Globe DSL to PLDT Fibre the moment Fibre became available. Because Globe DSL uses remote DSLAM within our village, phone/internet service is also cut when the Meralco power is lost.
"Set your mind free!"

Online motion55

« Reply #1195 on: January 15, 2018, 02:13:03 PM »
After a couple months from installation of Fibre, PLDT agents start calling and selling you various add-ons and upgrades to your Fibre subscription.
"Set your mind free!"

Online splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1196 on: January 15, 2018, 04:35:41 PM »
AFAIK some of the new 'Fibre' deployments are actually VDSL. Not a big deal for most customers because throughput is similar, but your latency and uptime might not be good as an actual fibre connection.
fhtagn

Offline borgy_t

• challenge accepted
« Reply #1197 on: January 16, 2018, 08:34:22 AM »
^what is the upload rate? it's different from fiber which is the same upload/download speed?
Intel Core i5-4440 w/ Deepcool Ice Edge Mini FS 2.0 | Asus B85M-G | Zotac Geforce GTX960 2GB (128-bit) | G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mushkin Reactor 1TB | Dell U2311H | Corsair VS550 | Tecware Alpha | SteelSeries Rival 300 | SteelSeries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Blue)

Online splerdu

• Veterans
fhtagn

Online motion55

« Reply #1199 on: January 16, 2018, 12:51:40 PM »
AFAIK some of the new 'Fibre' deployments are actually VDSL. Not a big deal for most customers because throughput is similar, but your latency and uptime might not be good as an actual fibre connection.

I think VDSL is deployed to locations where fiber optic cables cannot easily be installed. Those are mostly condos where existing POTS cannot easily be replaced. It is Fibre up to the wiring closet and then the last few meters to the condo unit use the existing copper wire.

"Set your mind free!"