Author Topic: May nabago ba sa myDSL ninyo?  (Read 107450 times)

Offline borgy_t

• challenge accepted
Re: May nabago ba sa myDSL ninyo?
« Reply #1160 on: November 09, 2017, 10:08:55 PM »
^is your connection NAT'ted?
Intel Core i5-4440 w/ Deepcool Ice Edge Mini FS 2.0 | Asus B85M-G | Zotac Geforce GTX960 2GB (128-bit) | G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mushkin Reactor 1TB | Dell U2311H | Corsair VS550 | Tecware Alpha | SteelSeries Rival 300 | SteelSeries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Blue)

Online jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
« Reply #1161 on: November 09, 2017, 10:19:28 PM »
No, the IP I'm getting is a public IP -- this is after I put the modem to Bridge-Mode
jeremypv

Offline borgy_t

• challenge accepted
« Reply #1162 on: November 09, 2017, 10:39:16 PM »
sounds good. can't wait to talk to the building admin tomorrow!
Intel Core i5-4440 w/ Deepcool Ice Edge Mini FS 2.0 | Asus B85M-G | Zotac Geforce GTX960 2GB (128-bit) | G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mushkin Reactor 1TB | Dell U2311H | Corsair VS550 | Tecware Alpha | SteelSeries Rival 300 | SteelSeries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline calvin

« Reply #1163 on: November 10, 2017, 01:51:04 PM »
My wife put a damper on my plan, she reminded me that the condo we live in doesn't have fiber cabling inside yet and we'll end up paying extra for that, especially we live in the 5th floor...

No you won't... you just need to make sure that the conduit they use will not cause any physical damage to the F/O cables... I've had friends who live on the 4th and 6th floors and have had their landline and MyDSL connections upgraded to PLDT Fibr for free. Our office in Eastwood has applied for a business Fibr and we're on the 8th floor - we're just waiting for the installation of the infrastructure on our building.

Offline ris

« Reply #1164 on: November 12, 2017, 04:49:12 AM »
No, the IP I'm getting is a public IP -- this is after I put the modem to Bridge-Mode

i had to call pldt to have mine set to bridge mode.  it seems it would depend on your area or "luck" if you could actually set your pldt ONU into bridge mode.  i already tried doing it myself but i do not get "bridge" mode "for real".  i could just set the drop down box to display "bridge mode" but in reality its still in router mode.  so make sure to confirm if you are in bridge mode.  my ping to certain servers went down significantly after i called pldt to set it to bridge mode. 
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline borgy_t

• challenge accepted
« Reply #1165 on: November 12, 2017, 09:50:25 AM »
i called 171 this morning to inquire if i can be upgraded. the agent said that our street isn't in the list of streets in our village that is fibr ready so we can't be upgraded, though our house is in the corner of one of the fibr ready streets :(

Offline lahar

« Reply #1166 on: November 13, 2017, 05:43:05 PM »
Somebody just handed out Fibr flyers at my house today! Fibr is here! But I just registered at their website a few days ago. Should/Could I call the local/zone agent and arrange for an upgrade or wait for the official CSR to call me? Which one is faster (process I mean not the internet speed).

Online jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
« Reply #1167 on: November 13, 2017, 06:08:11 PM »
internet application is faster (or maybe just my timing), in our subdivision, we were handed out flyers also, but I missed it, so I just applied online, and it was installed the following week for me (actually just a few days, I applied Saturday, and installed Tuesday), almost the same time as the ones that applied 2weeks prior (those that were handled by agents that were giving flyers)
jeremypv

Offline calvin

« Reply #1168 on: November 14, 2017, 06:06:03 PM »
i called 171 this morning to inquire if i can be upgraded. the agent said that our street isn't in the list of streets in our village that is fibr ready so we can't be upgraded, though our house is in the corner of one of the fibr ready streets :(

If your house is on the corner, tell the agent that your house is on the fibr ready steet.
that's what my niece did...

Offline borgy_t

• challenge accepted
« Reply #1169 on: November 15, 2017, 11:13:59 AM »
^i said just that but no dice. well what can we expect from these CC agents...

i will have to resort to inside channels i guess.

Offline motion55

« Reply #1170 on: November 15, 2017, 01:52:56 PM »
You can apply for connection with the linemen installing PLDT Fibre.

When I saw a couple of them stringing cables near my apartment home office, I asked if it was fibre they were laying. They answered yes and said I can apply through them for as long as it's an unlimited plan 1899 or higher. I submitted a xerox copy of my ID as well as contact number. The next day in the morning they they called and can install the fibre. By the afternoon, it's up and running.

"Set your mind free!"

Offline lahar

« Reply #1171 on: November 15, 2017, 01:56:47 PM »
Tried calling 171 to apply for an upgrade since I logged into my PLDT myHome account and found my application was cancelled. The CSR said Fibr was not yet available at my place. I insisted that an agent was going house to house handing out flyers already. She took my application anyway. Also found out that there are a lot of hoops to go through just to change the company ID number you used for the initial application (back in 2009). Good thing I found my old ID.

Offline lahar

« Reply #1172 on: November 15, 2017, 02:01:12 PM »

When I saw a couple of them stringing cables near my apartment home office, I asked if it was fibre they were laying. They answered yes and said I can apply through them for as long as it's an unlimited plan 1899 or higher. I submitted a xerox copy of my ID as well as contact number. The next day in the morning they they called and can install the fibre. By the afternoon, it's up and running.

I didn't see them installing. I have this feeling that the agent handing out flyers is just making an informal survey of the area, like a market feasibility. I did see a roll of fiber cable lying around one of the electric poles. Not sure if they left it there for installation later.

Offline calvin

« Reply #1173 on: November 16, 2017, 10:02:49 AM »
^i said just that but no dice. well what can we expect from these CC agents...

i will have to resort to inside channels i guess.

I didn't see them installing. I have this feeling that the agent handing out flyers is just making an informal survey of the area, like a market feasibility. I did see a roll of fiber cable lying around one of the electric poles. Not sure if they left it there for installation later.

Look for these distribution boxes...
If they are within 5 to 6 posts away from your house, they should be able to install/upgrade you to a fibr account.

Offline motion55

« Reply #1174 on: November 16, 2017, 06:41:58 PM »
Ultimately, it will be the lineman's decision whether they can install fibre. They know where the boxes are and how far it is from your house. When I asked them, they were in the process of laying cable to another house further than mine from the point of tap. In the future, they plan on installing a box closer to my house but for now they were willing to lay cable from the box down on another street.
"Set your mind free!"

Offline borgy_t

• challenge accepted
« Reply #1175 on: November 24, 2017, 07:46:48 PM »
linemen surveyed our condo and they cannot install fibr as our building is not fibr-ready.

Offline Mr. Bungle

« Reply #1176 on: November 24, 2017, 09:40:41 PM »
For us non-fiber ready condo residents, VDSL2 is our only hope.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #1177 on: November 25, 2017, 10:16:48 AM »
Is there currently an issue with Chrome and PLDT? We can't access anything using Chrome on a desktop PC. All other browsers work fine and so does Chrome on my phone. I suspected it could simply be a bad browser configuration but when we contacted PLDT, the CSR said it's a Chrome issue.

By the way, been able to get 5Mbps again on PLDT. I checked the PLDT modem and it's now:

Upstream Speed 925 kbps   
Downstream Speed 6015 kbps   

Offline calvin

« Reply #1178 on: November 25, 2017, 11:38:27 AM »
Is there currently an issue with Chrome and PLDT? We can't access anything using Chrome on a desktop PC. All other browsers work fine and so does Chrome on my phone. I suspected it could simply be a bad browser configuration but when we contacted PLDT, the CSR said it's a Chrome issue.

By the way, been able to get 5Mbps again on PLDT. I checked the PLDT modem and it's now:

Upstream Speed 925 kbps   
Downstream Speed 6015 kbps   

No Chrome issue here... QC, Diliman Area

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1179 on: November 25, 2017, 11:46:52 AM »
^ Chrome has its own internal DNS cache that might have gotten contaminated with badly resolved names. PLDT's DNS servers are known to flake out sometimes and might have given your Chrome some food poisoning.

To fix go to: chrome://net-internals/#dns

and clear your host cache then go to

chrome://net-internals/#sockets

and flush sockets. Also check Chrome's proxy config in case something might have gotten set in there.
fhtagn