Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Networking/Web / Re: May nabago ba sa myDSL ninyo?
« Last post by motion55 on January 12, 2018, 07:03:17 PM »
It is the same problem with the old copper wires. If the wires are broken, you can't call.
Lounge / Re: TV series thread
« Last post by blahz on January 12, 2018, 05:13:21 PM »
Strike Back: Retribution.. hehehe
Lounge / Re: What Did You Buy Today?
« Last post by blahz on January 12, 2018, 05:12:27 PM »
Oil change..

Honda 10w-30 hehehe
Lounge / Re: Investments?
« Last post by barurutor on January 12, 2018, 12:58:47 PM »
Use nicehash if you don't know which coin to mine.
Lounge / Re: What's on your mind?
« Last post by ris on January 12, 2018, 12:34:56 PM »
Recovery disk or the install media will let you boot into a recovery mode (Troubleshoot option). If you don't have those, W10 should automatically go into a recovery menu after three consecutive failed boots, so just start the PC up, and when it gets stuck at the Windows logo just hit the reset button and let it boot again until you get the recovery menu.

Re: F8: F8/Shift-F8 still works on W10, the problem is the window to input it is very small because a modern PC with UEFI and SSD boots super fast, but if your fingers are fast and/or you get lucky you might just get the boot menu lol.

IIRC what the "legacy" startup option actually does is add an artificial delay when booting up, so the system will recognize your F8 input. This was present in earlier versions of Windows, but MS took it out in order to make W10 boot faster.

you could hold the F8 button too right?  i think thats what i do so that i dont need to time it right
« Last post by ris on January 12, 2018, 12:24:57 PM »
What's the catch? Seems too good to be true (assuming that we do have fibr in our area).

the speed boost is only good for 3 or 6 months.  after that you go back to 50mbps which is your real speed.  and if you apply for the 20mbps plan, your upgrade would be to 50mbps.  the "no change in your monthly bill" assumes that you avail of the same amount as your current plan. 

also take note that your landline would now be connected to your router so if you turn off your router you also do not have landline service
Thanks!
I suppose there will be a new lock in period too.

Landline connected to router? So how do you call tech support when fibr is down?

if only the internet is down you would still be able to use the landline.  but if the fiber line is broken then youre screwed.  lolz!  a suggestion i read is that you use a smart mobile sim to call since there is no charge if you use that.  and if its a different network, you just dial 8888-171.  charges would apply if you do not use a smart sim though
« Last post by wheelee on January 12, 2018, 11:47:03 AM »
i think they are also in talk with some ausie/ u.s. telcos if things dont work out with the chinese.
Lounge / Re: What Did You Buy Today?
« Last post by splerdu on January 12, 2018, 11:25:02 AM »
Gamer food: Dewritos!

But damn, new taxes on sugary drinks make the Dew part of it hella more expensive than before.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]