Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Lounge / Re: Perpetual Anime Thread
« Last post by sandstig on January 18, 2018, 03:19:57 PM »
FYI, HumbleBundle has a Manga Bundle for Attack on Titan.
Lounge / Re: Perpetual BABE Thread...
« Last post by Taggy on January 18, 2018, 12:26:17 PM »
pag lalabas ito sa radar. hindi ako magdadalawang isip.  >:D :wub:
https://www.grc.com/inspectre.htm

Nifty little tool that checks if appropriate patches and/or BIOS microcode updates have been applied to yer system to protect against Meltdown/Spectre. Also gives the option to toggle mitigations on or off to get more system performance (like toggle off when gaming, toggle on before opening any sensitive files or doing online banking).
« Last post by Sephiroth on January 18, 2018, 11:57:49 AM »
careful, though. she can probably deliver a knockout blow.
« Last post by newcastle_29 on January 18, 2018, 11:42:16 AM »

Hindi ka lugi kay no. 2 sa timbangan. kung sa karne pa.. malaman hindi puro buto.   >:D :lol:

pwede yan sa sandwhich :D
Networking/Web / Re: May nabago ba sa myDSL ninyo?
« Last post by WallyWest on January 18, 2018, 11:38:45 AM »
are the max attainable download/upload rate shown in the router settings related to the quality of the cable laid on your place or is it an artificial limit imposed by your provider?

my max download rate is around 8000+ kbps (8mbps), and my plan's download rate is 4mbps. does this mean even if i switch providers this will still be my max rate, e.g. it has to do with the cable running up from our condo's cabinet to my unit?

It is the lesser of the 2 limits. It is artficially limited by the DSL slot and line checked by the modem if it is really achieved. In that case, it adapts to a lower rate. My DSL modem is artificially throttled to 4192kbps downstream datarate. Before it was 6000+kbps. That's on the old Xperience 5mbps plan that no longer exists. It seems I have been downgraded to 3mbps (plan 1299) but I am still paying 1599/month for phone+DSL service.

You need to have Fibre or VDSL to realistically attain 20mbps.
Mine's been brought back up to 6000kbps. Maybe they're still doing some upgrades in your area?
« Last post by motion55 on January 18, 2018, 11:08:12 AM »
are the max attainable download/upload rate shown in the router settings related to the quality of the cable laid on your place or is it an artificial limit imposed by your provider?

my max download rate is around 8000+ kbps (8mbps), and my plan's download rate is 4mbps. does this mean even if i switch providers this will still be my max rate, e.g. it has to do with the cable running up from our condo's cabinet to my unit?

It is the lesser of the 2 limits. It is artficially limited by the DSL slot and line checked by the modem if it is really achieved. In that case, it adapts to a lower rate. My DSL modem is artificially throttled to 4192kbps downstream datarate. Before it was 6000+kbps. That's on the old Xperience 5mbps plan that no longer exists. It seems I have been downgraded to 3mbps (plan 1299) but I am still paying 1599/month for phone+DSL service.

You need to have Fibre or VDSL to realistically attain 20mbps.
« Last post by borgy_t on January 18, 2018, 10:40:51 AM »
thanks. hmm i may just stay with PLDT and not switch to Globe with their unli promo now. what concerns me too is it doesn't look feasible i can keep PLDT as a backup if i switch because there's only one phone jack in our unit. was also concerned that i may not get the max 20mbps advertised DL speed for plan 1899.
« Last post by splerdu on January 18, 2018, 10:18:24 AM »
^ It's from the combination of all the cables from the modem up to the DSLAM. Moderm to cabinet is part of it, but the major factor should be the outdoor lines from condo to telco exchange.
« Last post by borgy_t on January 18, 2018, 09:43:43 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10