Author Topic: The Art of Troubleshooting  (Read 16883 times)

angel_extreme

The Art of Troubleshooting
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2003, 05:25:26 PM »
yah, i 2nd the motion! most of da tym ok ang 'eraser solution' sa mga video cards, memory at iba pang expansion cards. though minsan nde ko pinapakita sa customer kc baka kung ano akalain eh...magalit pa

orfel

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2003, 07:44:10 PM »
is there a way to download the site ??

Offline rebelpunks

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2003, 01:34:08 AM »
oist...im juz new here, wow ayuz toh ah!

any1 here tried to freezer their hd w/ lots of bad sector for a week may balot empre, walang moist na makakapasok after that mawawala yun badsector?

Offline Mitsurugi

• The best revenge is success
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2003, 04:28:51 PM »
oist...im juz new here, wow ayuz toh ah!

any1 here tried to freezer their hd w/ lots of bad sector for a week may balot empre, walang moist na makakapasok after that mawawala yun badsector?

INNOVATIVE talaga ang PinoyPC membar!

alecxis

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2003, 03:27:06 PM »
masubukan nga..

drylie

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2003, 03:41:40 AM »
cgurado ba yan????? sir ano yung empre????? para masubukan din

Offline parapudaw

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2003, 12:09:35 PM »
parang nadinig ko na to ah.. nung sa pinas pa ko, sa telecom company pa ko nun, yung mga boss dun sinabi nila na i freezer mo daw yung battery ng cell and it will completely turn into it original state or something, parang bago ba... i don't know, may scientific explanation ba dito??? =)
He who codes least codes best

Offline kikomatch

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2003, 02:44:35 PM »
pwede yun, ginawa na namin to with various PC parts, I tried freezing a stick of SDRAM memory overnight, after 12Hrs sa freezer, gumana ulit yung Memory stick!!! yun nga lang after 6 months, nasira ulet, freeze ulit namin, Ayuun ayaw na! bili na ng bago!  nasubukan ko na rin sa HDD, nag-krongkrong yung HDD, e alang backup, kailangang - kailangan pa naman yung mga file, nilagay sa freezer overnight. tapos ginamitan ng Norton Diskedit, ayun! nakuha pa yung mga files!!! pero after over an hour lang ayaw na ulit gumana ng HDD, pero effective pa rin kasi nakuha pa yung mga data bago tuluyang nasira yung HDD.

Try nyo din na buksan yung cover ng HDD, tapos itulak ng konti yung spindle arm! kung minsan nakukuha pa, lalo na pag di na gumagalaw yung spindle arm nung HDD (na-stuck).

rcon_password

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2003, 03:23:10 AM »
skin yung eraser sa memory pinaka epektib,

pag sa cd rom pag ayaw bumukas kulutin yung goma

pag sa video card rma n baka lalong masira p mahal eh

sa hd wla akong magawa pag na sira, naluluha nlng ako = )

Offline DylanJames

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2003, 04:59:42 AM »
lol sir popo!

pero actually in addition, all cd drives have a force eject mechanism. at the front of all drives, there is a hole about 1mm diameter. insert a paperclip or similar apparatus. (with care of course) to force eject. do this only only after you've tried rebooting and the punk@#!@ cd drive still won't spit out your favorite illicit cd :)

invisible291629

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2003, 05:26:40 PM »
Hi!evry1 im new here can i join?

invisible291629

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2003, 05:30:06 PM »
Hi!der Mitsurugi  wana chat?hehehehehehehehehe!IM BACK!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mitsurugi

• The best revenge is success
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2004, 12:55:42 AM »
invisible291629

Try mo na good ventilation ang HD mo para di magoverheat.......

killer_666

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2004, 09:48:05 AM »
good grounding is a must. :)

and a good soldering gun and good soldering lead for replacing and installing bad capacitors

Offline nightkids_racing

• Semi-Newbie
  • Click and Go
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2004, 12:56:18 PM »
Proper Air Flow inside the case, Constant supply of 12v & 5v in the system.

Offline spolarium

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2004, 08:40:13 PM »
One of the computers in our work area was getting to be unusable.  Sometimes it would boot and sometimes not.  We thought it was the hard disk because bad sectors had developed. But lately, we can't even boot the rig and if we do, a message like, "Hardware failure" pops out.  We thought it was the motherboard as it was a Jetway V266a mobo.  Then we saw that sometimes the cpu fan was running but we did not have an image on the monitor.

This rig had its side panels removed and so it was really dusty inside the video  and cpu hsf.  So babinskidisciple decided that a cleanup was due and most probably the thermal paste had dried up like in his rig as we were expriencing sudden shutdowns also.

He cleaned the hsf of the video card and cpu.  Cleaned the cpu and heatsink of dried up thermal paste and put new Artic Silver 2 thermal paste and voila!, everything is now fine and dandy with this rig.

Really sometimes,  the problem is not as complex as it seems, just dust.

Offline X3ME15

• Moderators
  • Render Me This, Decode Me That!
    • My Blog
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2004, 03:52:34 AM »
hehehehe.. paminsan-minsan eh pag-hinampas moh yung kaha eh naayus ang sira.. proven fact na saken yun! LOLZ :)

nice guide btw.. it really rethinks my other strategies whilre repairing and thoubleshooting.. :) but my methods & experience is still a valuable info as in the guide.. ^^

"Love is Bliss, Thus is Desolation" - a lover's gripe with humanity | "Patience is Like Foreplay.. The More You Wait, The More Pleasing It Will

Offline [X]

• [X]
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2004, 09:44:17 AM »
nilagay sa freezer overnight. tapos ginamitan ng Norton Diskedit, ayun! nakuha pa yung mga files!!! pero after over an hour lang ayaw na ulit gumana ng HDD

mas malamang lalong matuluyan yan kasi pag medyo uminit na yung drive mag form na ng moisture at condensation sa loob ng drive yan.

but yeah, i've heard this same trick on batteries although i haven't tried it myself.

hehehehe.. paminsan-minsan eh pag-hinampas moh yung kaha eh naayus ang sira..

haha! this one works quite well too for some reason... although i would warn those who have hot heads to refrain from doing this since you never know if that blow was the last straw :)

yelow

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2004, 05:54:04 PM »
Pls help,  

1. One of my computer shut down, the basic repair that I did was to reboot it but it did not open, the power led did not lit but the busy led is blinking (no output in the monitor).

2. Since I have another pc (same spec with the above) the second repair that I did was to check the cpu chip; replacing the chips with the other chip of my second pc, but the same problem occur.

Another problem arises with my second computer because when I try to place back the cpu chip to my second pc (ok pc) the computer turned on and after at least 10 seconds it turns off; I tried to reattached the cpu chip thinking that I have inseted it the wrong way, but the problem becomes worst because I can no longer open it. pls help thanks

Offline spolarium

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2004, 11:24:50 PM »
My 20 Gig Maxtor HD just died on me yesterday and that's where my Windows was installed.   So I tried using my 60 gig HD as my primary HD and removed my Linux partition with FDISK.

Foolish me I did not take a closer look when I was reinstalling XP when it asked if I wanted to format the previous linux partition.  I just pressed enter and XP did format it unaware that it would be a problem later on.

I though it would be a breeze installing XP but several times after the install on booting again, the error message, "Missing Operating System" kept popping up.  I thought it was just the processor heating up to 60s centigrade that was the problem and I gave up to sleep.

I thought it might be a heat, memory, or even a cpu problem before sleeping.  This afternoon after replacing the fan of my Heatsink with a 5000 rpm fan to rule out heat problem and reverted my Barton to only 2500+, problem remained.  So it might be memory or the HD.  I used my 2nd 40G HD and backed up my important files with xcopy and Windows installed without a hitch.  Checking the 60 Gig hard disk with Partition Magic, the latter half of the HD was partitioned as FAT and not FAT32 and there the problem lay.  So converted it to FAT32 and no problems anymore.