Author Topic: Anybody into airsoft?  (Read 42131 times)

gm

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2002, 10:37:47 PM »
thats why you need high flow valve for your mags if you want to use 22. if you're planning to use metal slides in your GBB, make sure you have at least a high flow valve in ur mag. (btw, saan ka umoorder ng upgrade parts?)

if you're really into GBBs, why not try Western Arms? they are the authority when it comes to GBB airsoft pistols.here's a WA Caspian Wilson Combat that one of my teammates has, fully-modified and clocks 340fps using Top Gas(R22).

if you could only see and hear this thing fires..  ^_^

Orange

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2002, 03:58:18 AM »
Looks goods nga. Sa picture pa lang, parang malakas nga siya... :-)

This is my 1st attempt to disassemble the gun. :-D dalawang araw bago ko na figure out yung ibang parts... i haven't completely disassembled the barrel assembly... anyone? help!?

Edited by Orange on 2002-12-15 19:58:42

Orange

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2002, 06:47:36 AM »
haay di ko pa rin ma gets yung barrel assembly... :D

Orange

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2002, 01:38:03 AM »
nakuha ko na...

GM, what's a good .45 - type pistol? ang daming klase eh.

Offline born_lippy

• http://
Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2005, 02:23:50 PM »
whats the difference ng airsoft and paintball?  
the kingdom of God is within you...

Offline X3ME15

• Moderators
  • Render Me This, Decode Me That!
    • My Blog
Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2005, 07:07:58 PM »
last saturday.. may airsoft wargames sa school namen ng madaling araw.. naki-hiram lang ako ng baril.. wala pera pambili ng sarili pero enjoy! :happy:

"Love is Bliss, Thus is Desolation" - a lover's gripe with humanity | "Patience is Like Foreplay.. The More You Wait, The More Pleasing It Will

Offline arz

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2005, 07:28:18 PM »
Plastic BB's gamit sa airsoft. Yung parang bulitas na malaki kaso plastic nga lang. Sa paint ball, yung bala may paint. :-) may pinagkaiba rin sa baril, dahil karaniwan, exact replica ng tunay na baril yung gamit sa airsoft whereas yung sa paintball, litaw magazines and gas cartridge.
[size=8]gawk; grep; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep [/size]

Offline born_lippy

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2005, 04:40:52 PM »
Plastic BB's gamit sa airsoft. Yung parang bulitas na malaki kaso plastic nga lang. Sa paint ball, yung bala may paint. :-) may pinagkaiba rin sa baril, dahil karaniwan, exact replica ng tunay na baril yung gamit sa airsoft whereas yung sa paintball, litaw magazines and gas cartridge.
pwede bang ang airsoft gun ay gamitan ng may paint na bullets?

for guns, alin ang mas better? airsoft/paintballs?
is the game the same?

to have a complete wargame, what do you need and cost estimate how much? :evil:  

Offline spoliarium

• Moderators
  • The Last Airbender
Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2005, 05:09:38 PM »
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

Offline arz

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2005, 05:14:44 PM »

Hindi ako sure rito. Pero malamang hindi dahil malaki difference sa size yung paintball bullets to airsoft BB's.

Aesthetically, mas maganda airsoft guns dahil replica ng real guns.

is the game the same?

Maybe, but I don't really know dahil hindi pa ako nakalaro ng airsoft.

to have a complete wargame, what do you need and cost estimate how much?

Libre lang ako pag naglalaro ng paintball, may financer eh. :-D To have a complete warfare I think you will need:

Equipment (guns, gasses, bullets, armor, etc.)
Location with good terrain and sorroundings
   - yung maluwag para hindi ka lagi ma 5 meter shot.
   - yung safe, hindi yung pagdapa mo may mga hantik palang langgam sa lapag. o kaya mga bubog.
   - yung malinis, at hindi yung pagdapa mo may dumi pala ng kalabaw sa lalandingan mo na akala mo lupa lang. yari sa next game nito, kahit nagtatago ka, alam ng kalaban mo kung asan ka (sa amoy mo pa lang eh).
Players/Arbiters (siyempre)
[size=8]gawk; grep; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep [/size]

Offline born_lippy

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2005, 05:43:51 PM »

Hindi ako sure rito. Pero malamang hindi dahil malaki difference sa size yung paintball bullets to airsoft BB's.

Aesthetically, mas maganda airsoft guns dahil replica ng real guns.

is the game the same?

Maybe, but I don't really know dahil hindi pa ako nakalaro ng airsoft.

to have a complete wargame, what do you need and cost estimate how much?

Libre lang ako pag naglalaro ng paintball, may financer eh. :-D To have a complete warfare I think you will need:

Equipment (guns, gasses, bullets, armor, etc.)
Location with good terrain and sorroundings
   - yung maluwag para hindi ka lagi ma 5 meter shot.
   - yung safe, hindi yung pagdapa mo may mga hantik palang langgam sa lapag. o kaya mga bubog.
   - yung malinis, at hindi yung pagdapa mo may dumi pala ng kalabaw sa lalandingan mo na akala mo lupa lang. yari sa next game nito, kahit nagtatago ka, alam ng kalaban mo kung asan ka (sa amoy mo pa lang eh).
Players/Arbiters (siyempre)
Hahahaa! so nde ka pa nakalaro ng airsoft? how about paintball?

is the paintball guns for sale too and with the same range price as of airsoft? how much will it cost to have a paint ball gun and paintballs?

tnx!  :angry:  

Offline arz

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2005, 05:53:52 PM »
is the paintball guns for sale too and with the same range price as of airsoft? how much will it cost to have a paint ball gun and paintballs?

Sorry, dont know about that, rented rin lang ang equipment na gamit ko. :-D  

Offline spoliarium

• Moderators
  • The Last Airbender
Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2005, 07:14:24 PM »
Mas realistic ang airsoft.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

Offline yhanyhan

• Semi-Newbie
Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2005, 05:05:00 AM »
airsoft player here.

team semper fi ng angeles city. regular games namin is every sunday sa paradise compound.

Offline ogre

• Veterans
    • http://www.photos.ph/ogre
Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2006, 03:55:16 PM »
played and photographed my first game yesterday

a few images

the rest are here...  http://www.pbase.com/tpc_cxg060128/root&page=1

Offline Louie

• Administrator
  • Every end is a new beginning
    • PinoyPC
Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2006, 04:35:09 PM »
This thread really brings me back. My handle was zeon back in the day.

To answer the question these days it's much cheaper to get into airsoft because of ACM (All China Made) guns. They're much cheaper than the Tokyo Marui electric guns which cost upwards of 9k. The China guns can be as cheap as PhP 700 and the good ones would be a couple of thousand. Then just buy an RC battery and charger.

Bags of BBs, I dunno the price since I played airsoft last circa 2004. It shouldn't be too expensive. Maybe 200 pesos for a large bag of the lower grade stuff.

For eye protection you should get a face mask, though some people use goggles. I prefer face masks as  I've seen guys getting hit by BBs on the cheek and having scratch wounds. Then get long sleeve jackets, boots or very sturdy rubber shoes and a pair of your old maong pants. Don't wear anything with striking colors like yellow or you'll stand out.

As for the difference between paintball and airsoft:

Paintball:

1. Usually the format is speedball. You have a few drums or other obstacles on two opposite ends and then either you capture the flag and bring it back or you wipe out the enemy team. Games are quick.

2. The paint makes it easier to know who is dead already and who isn't. There are times that the paint doesn't explode on impact though and there are other times when the paint just spatters through obstacles. So sometimes there are disputes on whether or not a hit is clean but that's far and few between.

3. Paintballs cost more than BBs. As for the guns themselves I don't know the pricing.

Airsoft

1. The guns are 1:1 sized. If you want to play wargames this is the most realistic IMO. As for the format there have been speedball games sponsored by Action Games League. During my time of playing the preferred types are meeting engagements and assault. I've been to Montalban one time to assault the side of a mountain and to Cavite to get down and dirty in the grass. Other games are CQB wherein you play in urban settings.

2. The hit system in airsoft is prone to cheating. When you're hit with a BB you're supposed to call yourself out of the game by proclaiming hit hit hit and removing yourself from the game area. I don't know the system now but back then there have been issues with some players not calling themselves out even if they're hit multiple times. The term for that type of player is "zombie" which is reminiscent of Resident Evil where the enemy doesn't go down in a single shot. IMO, the best way to curb cheating is to play with friends.

3. ACM guns have made airsoft much cheaper to jump into. The BBs themselves are inexpensive. The fee for venues should be around PhP 100.

@ogre

Where do you guys play? I'm thinking of getting back into the airsoft scene. Actually me and Jimmy have been wanting to get back into airsofting. Hopefully Tokyo Marui users are still welcome. I use an AK-47 and he uses an MP5 SD5.

Offline ogre

• Veterans
    • http://www.photos.ph/ogre
Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2006, 04:49:56 PM »
the venue for the game was CXG, ermin garcia - kamuning area. they have two categories now, lpeg and hpeg, low and hi power electric guns

i don't recall them saying all ACM only during the games. so it should be ok.  not too many people playing hpeg, but it sure looks more exciting and painful

i call it federation of soldier wannabe's,  myself included *sigh*  will tell them about you guys.  TPC peeps are currently forming a group will ask if it's open to everyone. besides, you're members of TPC also right?

you have existing affiliation/team as jimmy?

Offline Louie

• Administrator
  • Every end is a new beginning
    • PinoyPC
Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2006, 04:53:12 PM »
We had a team before of less than 10 people but the rest of the team have sort of moved on. Jimmy and I can probably get our neighbor here to join us as well.

Our guns are less than 400 FPS which I think should be passable for CQB game. If not I'll try and look for our cock-and-shoot shotguns that can't be pointed downwards hehe.

Offline Jimmy

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2006, 05:02:54 PM »
Wow, parang CS. hehe.  Miss ko na to!  Anong mga BB ang gamit nyo dito?

Offline Jimmy

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2006, 05:25:22 PM »
Eto mga pictures dati.  :happy:

MMTC Grounds