Author Topic: Anybody into airsoft?  (Read 42130 times)

Orange

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2002, 10:23:29 PM »
ok. i'll heed your advise not to use high powered gas... i've read several articles warning of the same thing... any ideas how to transfer from the cylinder to the canister actually, meron kami R-22 and R-12 for the freezers and aircon eh...

boyoyong

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2002, 11:04:31 PM »
ok yan ah.....hndi ba pwedeng air compressor na lang? haha

flashbang na lang para tumba

Orange

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2002, 11:16:26 PM »
sinubukan ko ilagay R-22 sa canister... ang hirap noh!!!!!!!!!!! nakakapaso pa yung gas... parang pag more than 1 sec exposed your daliri mo eh, it will be frozen and will fall off... damaged beyond repair... so guys careful with the top gas/r-22.... yung r-12 di gaano nakaka paso... any bright ideas, pls....

saito

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2002, 07:46:23 AM »
transfering gas from one container to another....hmmm.....me and my friends used to do this before to save on gas costs....bili na kami ng marami and keep it in one of those refrigerant tanks they use sa aircon repair shops (parang maliit na LPG tank) we get it cheaper pag bulk eh.....

you'll need to get brass fittings and hose assembly going from the big tank to the small tank, these were easy to find back then sa mga airsoft stores, the other fittings from aircon repair shops. also have a valve on this assembly para you can control when you want the stuff to flow the main tank should have this valve). Hook everything up, make sure valve is off, turn the main tank upside down (so the liquid will be transfered not just the gas) and place the tank you're filling up in a container with really cold water (cold: pressure drops in recipient tank, fills easier) turn on valve and filling begins. to see how much of the tank has been filled put the can in a vat of water and see how much of it sinks, thats how much gas is in it......hope this helps..............

Orange

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2002, 12:08:35 AM »
last q: what seals the brass hose fitting with the receipient can's needle?

saito

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2002, 08:36:17 AM »
I got a fitting specially for gas cans, may o ring siya and shaped din para when you screw on the empty can, ma press on niya yung needle....alternatively, you can look for a tight fitting hose for the needle and simply push it unto the needle...just press it manually na lang while filling....though hindi ko alam if the hose will work with the higher pressure ng R22.........

Orange

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2002, 12:28:58 AM »
I suceeded refilling a butane canister with R-22. You need a brass fitting that on one end fits to the regulator hose, and on the other end is a copper tubing that has been narrowed and has a pinhole sized nozzle.

Turn on the R-22 (or R-12 if your gun is not top gas capable) cylinder valve (upside down, you need liquid eh), turn on the regulator valve... not fully ha, konti lang... then press down the modified copper tube assembly to the charging pin of the butane canister to start the transfer. the fluid should find its way to the can because the cylinder always has a higher pressure.

on the first sign of breakage on the canister, you need to pull away, duck, and watch for flying metal can debris. joke lang, pero it would help to be attentive to the signs that might lead to the can exploding. no need to cool the canister, but i guess there would be less wasted gas if the canister was cooled to freezing, kasi less pressure if its frozen (almost vaccum yung can). One way to vaccum the can I guess is to heat it, with a lighter. while hot, press the release pin to release heated air. then let it cool and then store in the freezer overnight. by then, the pressure will be so low it will suck up the refrigerant.

I wouldn't recommend na puno-in nyo if its R-22... I don't think the can will hold, but that's just my theory... the regulator reads 200 PSI on the R-22 guage... Kung R-12, pwede puno-in I guess because the pressure is much less... AGAIN, I could be wrong and they might very well be able to fill the can without exploding the can to smitherins.

So yun... kung gusto nyo pa refill sakin, R-12/HFC-22 (freon12), R-22/HFC-22 (Top Gas/Taiwan Gas), HFC-134a (Green Gas), just see me here in CEBU hehehehhehehe... My cousin is doing the filling. And this info is from him... So ako lang ang taga singil pag nagkataon. haha!

lastly, ANO BA TALAGA ANG RED GAS?

Offline incubus

• Semi-Newbie
  • Simple pero Astig!
Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2002, 10:18:03 AM »
O.T.: ok ba yung AEG na pistol?
Laptops: Aspire 5580, Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 320GB HDD
               Aspire One, Atom 1.6,  1 GB, 120GB HDD
Desktop: AthlonXP 1900, 2 GB DDR266, 80GB HDD, GeForce TI2100 256MB, HEC         
               AMD Phenom X6 X6 1090T, 8 GB DDR3, 640GB HDD,
               Radeon HD 5830 - 1GB GDDR5,

Offline zeon

• Administrator
  • Semi-Newbie
Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2002, 05:40:15 AM »
the first gen ones weren't any good.  i dunno the current ones.  from what i know, people still prefer gas blowbacks.

wurm

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2002, 10:09:06 AM »
zeon, san ka naglalaro, may friends kasi ako na nag aairsoft, baka nakalaro mo na sila. Sinama na nila ako once, nakakaadict maglaro, ang sarap! Kaso mahal ang baril kaya di pa ko nakakabili.

saito

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2002, 06:39:03 PM »
One way to vaccum the can I guess is to heat it, with a lighter. while hot, press the release pin to release heated air. then let it cool and then store in the freezer overnight. by then, the pressure will be so low it will suck up the refrigerant.

now why didnt I think of that before.....Galing ah!!

And tama ka about not filling butane cans with too much r-22, they were never intended for high psi use, mababa lang pressure ng butane eh....better get cans specifically made for gas gun use....

gm

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2002, 07:21:55 PM »
if you dont want the hassle of refilling 134 flon, one of my teammates can refill it for you. his office is in Makati (Pasong Tamo near Mantrade area).. check our web and forum at http://www.ozairsoft.com/forum

gm

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2002, 07:29:27 PM »
@orange, use 134a in your Tokyo Marui Tactical Master, TMs GBBs magazines tend to leak in long time use of high powered gas(R22,Top Gas,etc)..  thats a nice GBB btw, i used to own one also  ^_^

btw, if you want to try wargames, pwede kang makilaro sa team namin, we have 3 sites, one is at MMTC North EDSA, and we have 2 other sites which is exclusive for our team only(the former is an open to all teams site). may 3-4 ladies na nakikipaglaro din sa amin every once in a while. pati sina chito ng parokya at otso ng cheese. we could lend you an AEG if you dont have one and other stuff like masks,gloves,etc. just be sure to wear jeans and long sleeve shirt (if you have militry BDUs much better)

Edited by gm on 2002-12-06 19:43:34

Offline zeon

• Administrator
  • Semi-Newbie
Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2002, 03:30:25 AM »
wurm,

kalaro ko mga pnas teams.  kung saan saan na ako nakalaro.  pero nitong huli sa mmtc lang.

wurm

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2002, 04:59:43 AM »
zeon,

nakalaro na din sila sa mmtc, pero once or twice pa lang yata

Orange

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2002, 07:36:53 AM »
@orange, use 134a in your Tokyo Marui Tactical Master, TMs GBBs magazines tend to leak in long time use of high powered gas(R22,Top Gas,etc).. thats a nice GBB btw, i used to own one also ^_^

I'm using HFC-12 (R-12) now... same lang ba sila ng characteristics ng HFC-134a? Airsoftwise?

Tactical Master Owners: can't use R-22 (aka HFC-22,Top Gas) well in TM... malakas nga siya, pero feeling ko parang malalaglag yung mga pyesa with every shot... but the range is up to 40m, vs. around 25m with r-12. kasi pati tunog niya malakas... PAK! PAK! when it used to be a pleasantly reassuring SHOK! SHOK!... I have a feeling something will break in less than a month of use with R-22. I think this would apply to all Marui GBBs.

Lastly, mali ang slide cycling ng Tactical Master with R-22... Its shorter, not all the way back... that's why the slide lock would not lock when all the BBs have been fired... So now you know..... Don't use r-22 on Marui guns na walang modifications...

Orange

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2002, 07:39:06 AM »
O.T.: ok ba yung AEG na pistol?  

Forget it. Its rated for .12g BB lang... So i bet the power is not even close to GBBs. Yun nga lang, the whole discussion of gasses ends with an electric blow-back... hihihi... different discussion naman, about milliampere-hour na...haha!

Orange

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2002, 11:41:50 PM »
if you dont want the hassle of refilling 134 flon, one of my teammates can refill it for you. his office is in Makati (Pasong Tamo near Mantrade area).. check our web and forum at http://www.ozairsoft.com/forum

makakapag ship ba siya to cebu? almost non-existent ang refilling ng 134a dito eh... isang lugar lang, HONDA Cars... tapos ang mahal per kilo, like buying rib-eye steaks.

Orange

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2002, 11:44:43 PM »
btw, if you want to try wargames, pwede kang makilaro sa team namin, we have 3 sites, one is at MMTC North EDSA, and we have 2 other sites which is exclusive for our team only(the former is an open to all teams site). may 3-4 ladies na nakikipaglaro din sa amin every once in a while. pati sina chito ng parokya at otso ng cheese. we could lend you an AEG if you dont have one and other stuff like masks,gloves,etc. just be sure to wear jeans and long sleeve shirt (if you have militry BDUs much better)

sige, mayaman naman yung taga parokya, baka pwede niya ako padalan ng pamasahe... haha! nakupo po, wala akong gamit... all I have is this pistol. papahiramin nyo ko ha. magkasya kaya yung uniform? if not, civilian na lang ako, gawin nyo kong hostage... para goggles lang ang suot ko.

Orange

Anybody into airsoft?
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2002, 11:50:30 PM »
I just ordered my first modification to the Tactical Master... Metal slide, metal outer barrel, and metal frame... hehehehe..... ngayon hindi na shok shok ang tunog niyo... ka-ching ka ching na... excited na ako...

pag dating, i'll probably get stronger hammer springs so i can use R-22, and recoil springs lastly so the heavier slide will cycle faster.

I think the prob with the R-22 on the MARUI TM is that the higher pressure let out a lower volume of gas, but at a higher pressure... kasi ang calibration nung mag valve is for R-12 and 134a lang... tama kaya ako? if i'm correct, then it explains the good power/range but short slide cycle (hindi napupuno ng gas yung piston). comments? pls? :D