Author Topic: Monitor Out of Range  (Read 482 times)

Offline Sephiroth

Monitor Out of Range
« on: March 07, 2016, 12:42:55 PM »
my >5 year old Viewsonic monitor has been getting a lot of those as of late, especially after alt tabbing a full screen game or changing resolutions. one time, the screen shifted to the right.

what's causing the problems? is my monitor failing? thanks!

Offline theDUD3

Re: Monitor Out of Range
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 01:25:29 PM »
^ it might be failing but you should check your refresh rates, your pc/vidcard might be sending refresh rates that the monitor can't handle also check vga/dvi/hdmi whichever cable type you are using.
Ryzen 7 7100 | Fatality ASRock X370 Gaming K4 | 2x8GB TridentZ RGB 3200 | GTX 980 Ti 6GB OC | 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD  + 4TB Storage | 27" Dell U2713H @ 2560x1440

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 03:32:42 PM »
Jiggle the cable! If that helps you might need to tighten or outright change the cable.
fhtagn

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 09:31:11 PM »
^ it might be failing but you should check your refresh rates, your pc/vidcard might be sending refresh rates that the monitor can't handle also check vga/dvi/hdmi whichever cable type you are using.
regarding refresh rates: i haven't changed anything. it's currently at 75 Hz. should i lower it?

Jiggle the cable! If that helps you might need to tighten or outright change the cable.
ok, will try that the next time it happens. thanks!

Offline ris

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 01:06:51 AM »
regarding refresh rates: i haven't changed anything. it's currently at 75 Hz. should i lower it?

why 75Hz?  isnt the default value at 60?
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 07:55:14 AM »

why 75Hz?  isnt the default value at 60?
i don't know actually.

now reduced to 60.