Author Topic: HARDWARE problem???  (Read 429 times)

Offline emp

HARDWARE problem???
« on: January 02, 2016, 07:36:07 PM »
my laptop is samsung. after i played dota, i pressed alt tab after that it crashes and BSOD appears displaying KERNEL_INPAGE error and then i restarted it. after i logged in, it doesnt display the windows 8 tiles nothing is displayed only cursor its like black screen. restarted it again, before the log in window BSOD appears again and MEMORY MANAGEMENT error appears differrent error before so i tried to repair it using the bootable usb unfortunately it didnt detect my flash drive but at first when the samsung logo appears the flash drive is working it has red light indicator and went to BIOS to setup boot priority but it cant detect it and the flash drive suddenly not working the red light is off. i repeatedly restart then go to BIOS to setup but its not working so since my laptop is samsung it has factory reset program built in it, i recover and when it hits 39% of the recovery it FAILED and it deleted all the files in my hdd. now when i turn on my laptop no operating system and displays to press f4 to the reset program. i tried the bootable usb again and it is not detected again. i dont know exact the problem i guess its in the hardware. thanks[/size]

Offline Louie

• Administrator
  • Every end is a new beginning
    • PinoyPC
Re: HARDWARE problem???
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 02:46:29 PM »
Necro post by now but the symptoms mentioned points to memory problems. Probably too much dust in the laptop requiring the module to be reseated and the insides of the laptop cleaned.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 10:38:58 PM »
I'm reviving an msi gaming rig. Mobo is msi h77 something and the gpu is an msi gtx 650. This is what happens when I install the gtx 650 driver:

Windows 7 device manager also shows "!".
I already tried the driver from msi, driver from geforce.com and the driver update via windows device manager. Is there anything else I could try or is this gpu busted? I also tried installing the gpu driver right after a clean install of win 7 x64. Still the same problem.

I identified the gpu through cpu-z and in the msi website, the pic of the video card matches what's installed in this rig. Other than that, I can't find any markings on the card itself to identify its model number. Anyways, the model number isn't exactly an issue since Nvidia drivers are unified, right?

I couldn't get the mobo's integrated graphics working either.

Tapatalked

Offline calvin

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 02:42:23 AM »
try heating up the soldered joints... some might have loosened up due to age.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 12:28:09 PM »
Wala namang nakatagong solder joints ang video cards, right? I mean, yung exposed solder lang naman ang dapat initin? I'd hate to have to take this thing apart.

Tapatalked

Offline theDUD3

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 03:38:26 PM »
try the oven method, i've done that with success to a couple of nvidia cards - problem is this is only a temporary solution, you have to repeat the process after a few weeks. the longest time before i had to reheat is 2 months.
Ryzen 7 7100 | Fatality ASRock X370 Gaming K4 | 2x8GB TridentZ RGB 3200 | GTX 980 Ti 6GB OC | 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD  + 4TB Storage | 27" Dell U2713H @ 2560x1440