Author Topic: How to send mass text messages (not spamming)  (Read 910 times)

Offline goma

• Use only as prescribed..
How to send mass text messages (not spamming)
« on: March 06, 2015, 05:15:00 PM »
I'm planning an emergency information SMS system for our company and I need to send SMS messages to about 10 - 15 executives and senior staff members during calamities and emergencies. Is there an app or a method for doing that with a Smart phone running on android?

Offline borgy_t

• challenge accepted
Re: How to send mass text messages (not spamming)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 06:04:35 PM »
Intel Core i5-4440 w/ Deepcool Ice Edge Mini FS 2.0 | Asus B85M-G | Zotac Geforce GTX960 2GB (128-bit) | G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mushkin Reactor 1TB | Dell U2311H | Corsair VS550 | Tecware Alpha | SteelSeries Rival 300 | SteelSeries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Blue)

Online lahar

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 08:23:13 PM »
Slightly offtopic I wonder why the telcoa are not sending emergency infotexts during natural and manmade emergencies despite the law mandating them to do so was passed in June 2014?

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 10:34:27 PM »
Textra has sending to groups too. Most probably your default SMS app has it too.

All you have to do is organize them into 1 group.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 10:46:10 PM »
Slightly offtopic I wonder why the telcoa are not sending emergency infotexts during natural and manmade emergencies despite the law mandating them to do so was passed in June 2014?
Too much work to develop a system for it and there's no revenue in it for the telcos? And no enforcement of the law. But I'm just guessing.

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 11:05:51 PM »
i used to this using ActiveXpert SMS Service. we have two gprs modem for smart and globe  clients  sending/receiving  bulk sms.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Online lahar

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 05:52:06 AM »

Too much work to develop a system for it and there's no revenue in it for the telcos? And no enforcement of the law. But I'm just guessing.

How can it be too much work and no profit when the already send us spam SMS? Its a simple public service during calamities. In Japan Softbank would send out typhoon, earthquake and tsunami warnings.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 06:53:07 AM »
Onga, I forgot all about the spam texts... Tapos pwede rin naman nilang gamiting ad opportunity ang pagsend out ng alerts kung tutuusin... I guess it's a case of walang nag-e-enforce? Dami naman talagang nilalabag ang local telcos such as load expiry, sending out spam, poor QOS, etc.

Offline motion55

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 09:06:42 AM »

From where do these emergency messages originate anyway? Or who decides that a particular message must be sent.
"Set your mind free!"

Online lahar

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 09:37:43 AM »
Uhm pagasa, phivolcs, mmda, ndrrmc... For those who don't have internet or electricity but still have cel signal.

Offline eric.ehao@gmail.com

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 10:31:30 AM »
Ok po ito huh.. is it for free?

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 07:20:00 PM »
You organize android contacts by group. Then send text to said group.

You just pay for the sms fee per text (not a problem if you avail of unlimited text promos).

Tapatalked