Author Topic: Perpetual RC Thread  (Read 20144 times)

Offline Hajile

Re: Importing?
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 11:17:49 PM »
What is freight? Banggoods says 'free shipping' so does that mean there is no freight and no insurance?

For this experiment, my break even point is 2,010php. Since the total price is 1,290php, i will have to be taxed about 60% before it's considered a loss. Even then, considering some of the items are unavailable, a slightly higher price difference may still be acceptable. Note that i ordered the exact same helicopter from a local store three weeks ago and it has still yet to arrive, so convenience isn't necessarily a factor for going local.
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Offline Hajile

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2012, 01:34:13 PM »
Well that was a bummer. Regarding the local sellers,  Despite asking for a reserve three weeks ago and calling for updates twice a week.  They apparently sold all their helicopter units as soon as they arrived without even telling me. Last time I checked was the 14th and the shipments haven't arrived yet, I called today and they've apparently sold everything at their store. I'll have to wait another two weeks for the next batch.

I certainly hope this banggood experiment is a success.
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Offline nmeuvdast8

• I'm back!
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 04:23:21 PM »
What is freight? Banggoods says 'free shipping' so does that mean there is no freight and no insurance?

For this experiment, my break even point is 2,010php. Since the total price is 1,290php, i will have to be taxed about 60% before it's considered a loss. Even then, considering some of the items are unavailable, a slightly higher price difference may still be acceptable. Note that i ordered the exact same helicopter from a local store three weeks ago and it has still yet to arrive, so convenience isn't necessarily a factor for going local.

freight is the cost of having the goods brought here in the Philippines from the origin. Even if its "free" shipping, you still need to have the vendor put "CIF" as the terms so as to emphasize that the invoice value already includes both freight and insurance. otherwise, customs will still add those to the computation.

Offline Hajile

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 01:10:27 AM »
Ordered August 16 2012
Shipped August 23 2012

Wow, is it always like this?

Offline Hajile

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »
Finally arrived today

Picked it up at the Pacita Post office and the handling fee was 40php. They didn't check what was inside, just a lady at a desk that handed me the box and commenting that it doesn't have a return address.

Also this is what it says on the back

Ordered August 16, went out of the warehouse on the 23rd, and arrived on Sep 6. So that would make it three weeks. Provincial post office branches really are more lenient.
 :happy:

Offline Louie

• Administrator
  • Every end is a new beginning
    • PinoyPC
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 01:07:16 PM »
Nice clothes, bro. How does it fly?

Offline Hajile

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 01:39:16 PM »
The v911 is only a four channel, hence the 30 degree flybar. It's like putting training wheels on your heli. If you lose control, just let go of the right stick, it'll move a few feet until it levels out and just float there. It will fly, hands free. If you just want to fly a heli for fun, this is it. It's hit trees and tower anchors, fallen twenty feet, hit walls, rolling crashes, etc. It's still alive. My first one only died because it crashed so hard the tail motor fell out and tore out its wires, but every other part was still working. Just glue that tail motor in and you can crash it all you want, if it hits you, the blades will *NOT* break skin.

Maybe i can try buying something bigger next time. Anybody recommend any other online stores? Banggoods RC inventory isn't as comprehensive as a dedicated RC store.

Total cost from ordering online (Helicopter + 2 batteries + 1 charger):

1,289.50 php at the banggood checkout
40.00 php at the post office.
22.00 php pamasahe
= 1,351.50 php total.

Total cost for same items local store

2,010.00 php at lowdog
152.00 php pamasahe
= 2,162.00 php total.

Offline AJ

• sudo make me a sandwich
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 01:42:08 PM »
cool.

congrats man for dogding taxes. :D

Offline Louie

• Administrator
  • Every end is a new beginning
    • PinoyPC
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 05:04:36 PM »
Wow, great! Any idea if a small camera can be put into it.

Offline Hajile

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 05:54:53 PM »

Nope, it's not that strong. If i want to try FPV tho, i'd rather get either a Hubsan Lynx (Heli with camera) or a Hubsan Spyhawk (Plane with camera). I wonder how much i'll get charged at the post office if i were to get a large heli.

Offline Al

• Administrator
    • Trashcan of Thoughts
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 10:52:31 PM »
Do you have any idea how many light bulbs in my head you just lit up!? Now I want one that can. LOL...
Trashcan of Thoughts -- http://www.allibrero.com

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 11:10:09 PM »
The trackhos mile video actually made use of a small remote-controlled heli with a camera (gopro, afaik) attached to it.
A bit bigger than what you used though.
fhtagn

Offline Hajile

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 11:46:43 PM »
Do you have any idea how many light bulbs in my head you just lit up!? Now I want one that can. LOL...

6,800php at lowdogs

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmB580DuAhI[/youtube]

Offline Al

• Administrator
    • Trashcan of Thoughts
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2012, 05:00:58 PM »
Nice. I also checked actual aerial video footages from the guy's youtube channel. If the feed from this heli can be recorded too, then it has some potential uses for my university work.
Trashcan of Thoughts -- http://www.allibrero.com

Offline popoy

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2012, 05:01:35 PM »
I have the same heli (just different brand name) 1.4k at divisoria x-mas last year.
shit happens.

Offline Hajile

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2012, 05:44:30 PM »
Ordered another set of parts from chinesejade.com. Hopefully i'll get through with it too.

Offline Hajile

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2012, 10:17:39 AM »
Tracking site says the package left hongkong on the 14th. How long does it take a container ship to get to Manila?

Offline calvin

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2012, 03:26:56 PM »
Tracking site says the package left hongkong on the 14th. How long does it take a container ship to get to Manila?

It's usually longer to wait for BOC inspection and release than the actual freight time from HK to PHL.

Offline juke

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2012, 03:55:36 PM »
2-6 weeks. If it longer than 6 weeks there's a big chance that it was already been gifted to one's self.
i5-3570k / Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme
Asrock z77 Extreme6
G-Skill ECO 2x2GB + 2x4GB DDR3-12800 1.35v
Palit Jetstream GTX680 2GB
Seagate 10GB+
LG H620N 18x SATA DVD-RW
Corsair HX620W psu
Coolermaster Cosmos S
Asus VG278H 120Hz 3D
Logitech G15 v2
Logitech MX518

Offline calvin

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2012, 03:58:35 PM »
^ not really... sometimes, it came with "dubious" shipment so BOC personnel takes longer to sort out the legit ones from the smuggled items.