Author Topic: All about LED/ LCD HD TV's  (Read 5480 times)

Offline Al

• Administrator
    • Trashcan of Thoughts
Re: All about LED/ LCD HD TV's
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 10:29:26 PM »
42" inch?! wow
how the power consumption & heat radiated from the unit?
I was curious about this as well, so I checked out the Panasonic website. I found a 42" Plasma TV and it was rated at 200W. An LED TV of the same size, on the other hand, was at 60W. I don't know if the wattages are similar across all 42" models.
Trashcan of Thoughts -- http://www.allibrero.com

Offline wheelee

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 09:20:28 AM »
..they say before that the Plasma is dual purpose, it can act as a heather in winter time :D
not sure now

Offline Udongski

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 09:24:51 PM »
42" inch?! wow
how the power consumption & heat radiated from the unit?
I was curious about this as well, so I checked out the Panasonic website. I found a 42" Plasma TV and it was rated at 200W. An LED TV of the same size, on the other hand, was at 60W. I don't know if the wattages are similar across all 42" models.

200 must be max wattage. But consumption depends on setup. For those reflective panels placed in a well lit room, one needs to up the settings to compensate resulting in higher power consumption.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 08:22:14 AM »
I found this on an Abenson flyer na buy now pay 3 months later. 

http://abenson.com.ph/promos/weekly/index.asp

and I'm wondering kung okey na ba itong 24" Sony 24EX40 with free HDMI DVD player for 13k?  It says the DVD player is worth 3k so that makes the TV 10k only.  Full HD na yung TV, Bravia 3, Edge LED, etc... based on Sony's website.

Do you guys happen to know of any better deals?  24" is fine for our apartment since our living room is not that big.

I'm also planning to check out SM appliances over the weekend.

Offline wheelee

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2012, 09:35:12 AM »
Has anyone also tried those from Skyworth specifically those 42"

Offline jorussic

• Moderators
    • My LinkedIn Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 10:15:09 AM »

and I'm wondering kung okey na ba itong 24" Sony 24EX40 with free HDMI DVD player for 13k?  It says the DVD player is worth 3k so that makes the TV 10k only.  Full HD na yung TV, Bravia 3, Edge LED, etc... based on Sony's website.

Do you guys happen to know of any better deals?  24" is fine for our apartment since our living room is not that big.

LG's 22 inchers are below 9k I believe.  Full HD.

Offline Al

• Administrator
    • Trashcan of Thoughts
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 11:15:09 AM »
Has anyone also tried those from Skyworth specifically those 42"
I just bought a 39" E22 model last weekend. Not 42" but close. So far, so good.

Offline icebuko

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 11:49:06 AM »

Also saw an ad of listening in style on newspaper last month, I'm not sure if it is stil available now. They have a Toshiba 32" for 10k. Afaik there's also smaller screens, just can't remember the price.

Offline wheelee

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 03:50:05 PM »
@Al

smart TV na ba sya? can the USB already play HD or different formats?
how long is the warranty?

Offline Al

• Administrator
    • Trashcan of Thoughts
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 07:08:51 PM »
Hindi pa Smart TV. But it is full HD. It's been able to play everything I've thrown at it, so kaya niya yung mga common formats, for sure. Two-year warranty with three authorized centres in my immediate area in Laguna that provide home service.

Offline barurutor

• Moderators
  • The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret.
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 07:38:02 PM »
IMHO smart TVs are kinda irritating.  I bought a TV to watch content and play games, not post on Facebook/Twitter/etc, and I don't want to pay additional $$$ for that capability especially if it's duplicated somewhere else (Xbox Live Gold has FB/Youtube/etc. apps for the Xbox 360, for example).

Naubos na ang non-Smart Plasma TVs dito sa SG.  Everything's got apps now.
<insert witty saying or hobby specs here>

Offline ris

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 08:50:57 AM »

check out the sony 32ex330.  18.5k ng sister ko nabili.  with free dvd din.  led tv.  di ko lang alam kung same sa specs ng nilagay mo.  try to check it out nalang.  im not sure now but sm appliances are more expensive.  try western, anson or others?(lolz)  and also, from what i know, you could actually haggle the price in case you want to.  also, meron din pinoydvd para sumakit ulo mo sa dami ng choices at pagtaas ng budget mo.  hehehe
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 11:30:58 PM »
May 3 models ng sony na naka-sale sa sm appliances. 24", 32" and 40".  With free dvd player sa 32 and 24" and home theater for the 40". Apparently it's a Sony promo regardless of appliance store. What your sis bought was the 32" pero it's under the same promo. Specwise, edge led yung 24 whereas the 32 and 40 are direct LED.

Offline ris

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2012, 11:30:29 AM »
May 3 models ng sony na naka-sale sa sm appliances. 24", 32" and 40".  With free dvd player sa 32 and 24" and home theater for the 40". Apparently it's a Sony promo regardless of appliance store. What your sis bought was the 32" pero it's under the same promo. Specwise, edge led yung 24 whereas the 32 and 40 are direct LED.

i passed by sm appliance last time and i think i saw it being sold at 22k.  you mean to say the 32inch is now at 18k cash in sm appliances?  i saw in pdvd that sights and sounds are selling it at 18k now.  the tv was bought at western btw.  now i remember why i thought sm appliances was more expensive.  hehehe

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2012, 12:26:59 PM »
^

22,999 is for installment and 19,999 if cash or straight payment via credit card.  Deducting the price of the bundled HDMI DVD player, lumalabas na 17k yung TV.

Offline uvax

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2012, 09:09:53 PM »
^Well and good if you really need and intend to buy a DVD player. Otherwise you're spending for something you don't need. With many TVs now being able to play video files off of portable storage I think DVD players are going the way of the dodo. I haven't used mine in over a year.

Offline reel

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2012, 11:07:04 PM »

im liking the toshiba offerings
Save Earth. Eat Plastic.

Offline ris

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2012, 11:52:09 PM »
it seems both sm and abenson are more expensive than western in the case of sony klv-32ex330.  unless there is a price increase(which i doubt)

Online splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2012, 02:06:11 PM »
IMHO smart TVs are kinda irritating.  I bought a TV to watch content and play games, not post on Facebook/Twitter/etc, and I don't want to pay additional $$$ for that capability especially if it's duplicated somewhere else (Xbox Live Gold has FB/Youtube/etc. apps for the Xbox 360, for example).

Naubos na ang non-Smart Plasma TVs dito sa SG.  Everything's got apps now.

+1
and those smart TVs might be watching you!
fhtagn

Offline kenn

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2013, 06:24:36 PM »

+1
and those smart TVs might be watching you!
[/quote]

samsung is dropping the price of smart tvs, here in my place you can get as low as 15k for a 32inch.