Author Topic: Android thread  (Read 110610 times)

Offline dean

• Administrator
    • http://www.pinoypc.net
Re: Android thread
« Reply #1500 on: September 16, 2017, 10:17:56 AM »
Make yourself heard
Portable Strobist Kit for Rent!
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #1501 on: September 16, 2017, 12:56:28 PM »
is this a good portable charger?
https://www.anker.com.ph/product/astro-e1-5200mah-black/

thanks!

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #1502 on: September 20, 2017, 11:18:55 AM »
up for my question above. also, anyone here with experience with Infinix phones? thanks!

Online barurutor

• Moderators
  • The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret.
« Reply #1503 on: September 20, 2017, 12:19:40 PM »
Anker make quality stuff. Have 2 of their 6 port USB chargers.
<insert witty saying or hobby specs here>

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #1504 on: September 20, 2017, 08:48:09 PM »
good to know. thanks!

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1505 on: September 30, 2017, 11:07:31 AM »
 LG's new phone is a mosquito repellant

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/28/technology/smartphone-mosquito-lg-k7i/index.html

(memories of Dragon Katol commercials lol)
fhtagn

Offline altec

« Reply #1506 on: October 02, 2017, 10:17:33 PM »
In the market for a 12-15k phone, thus am having a long and hard look at nokia 6.

If you were in my place, what would be your choice?
Will never, ever buy a SONY ever again.

Online barurutor

• Moderators
  • The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret.
« Reply #1507 on: October 02, 2017, 10:33:10 PM »
I'd consider any of the Android One models from Xiaomi, Motorola, HTC. Nokia announced it will not unlock its bootloader for flashing custom ROMs to its devices.
<insert witty saying or hobby specs here>

Offline altec

« Reply #1508 on: October 02, 2017, 10:54:51 PM »
Looks like i'm staying away from asus judging from sephi's experience. Was considering zenfone 4 selfie in my shortlist.

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #1509 on: October 03, 2017, 06:07:27 AM »
Looks like i'm staying away from asus judging from sephi's experience. Was considering zenfone 4 selfie in my shortlist.
you could join an Asus Selfie 4 FB Group and see if a large number of people are reporting identical problems. if there are none, then it's probably safe to say that that particular model is good.

however, i spoke to a couple of guys at an Asus service center drop off point and they told me that the Nougat update's just troublesome for Zenfone Max 3, apparently, because those who did not update didn't experience problems. they asked me if i regularly check for updates that may fix the problem, and i told them that i do but it has apparently not been addressed.

i asked Asus via Twitter if they are aware of the problem, and instead of answering they just gave me tips to prolong battery life, which i already did to no avail.

the phone can't be downgraded to Marshmallow, and the Oreo update for some reason will be released in October... 2018. why the update will take THAT long is beyond me. it's not as if they are building the OS from ground up, or that there are hundreds of hardware configurations for Zenfone 3.

so Asus apparently released an update (Nougat) they did not thoroughly test that caused a number of people problems and they seem to have little interest and in no hurry in fixing it.

the technician's advice is for me to bring the phone directly to the service center at Taguig to have it fixed possibly in as little as a day only (my problem is that i don't have a spare phone to use).

anyway, i decided my next phone will be a Samsung. at least the phones can be rooted, unlike Asus's, so that i can possibly fix problems myself.

for now, i have 2 power banks to keep my phone's battery up.

if you will buy a Selfie 4, see first if the phone's stable and without problems out of the box. reading reviews and user experience may help). do not rely on independent YT review from unknown individuals: those guys are likely do not know what they are doing. do not update (Nougat to Oreo) unless you are sure through thorough research that it will not cause problems.

Offline altec

« Reply #1510 on: October 04, 2017, 04:35:23 PM »
Despite my sig, bought a sony xa1. Nokia 6 sana kaya lang walang notification lights, not a gamer so it would have been sufficient . That teeny weeny omission was the dealbreaker.

No moto g5 on lenovo stores.

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #1511 on: October 04, 2017, 06:56:16 PM »
i never thought i need notification lights until i bought ZF Max 3 lol.

a pity, really. it was a good phone until i updated to Nougat.

i think it's downright irresponsible of Asus to allow Nougat update to be available when it causes problems on a not insignificant number of phones, especially since they don't allow rolling back and there's no known consistent fix.

which means i'll likely get a Samsung as my next phone. a 5.5 incher with 3 GB RAM that can play Mobile Legends will do.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1512 on: October 05, 2017, 02:11:31 AM »
Soo the new Pixel phones are out. Curved glass, no headphone jack, and a ton of space wasted on bezels top and bottom.

No thanks, Google.
fhtagn

Offline altec

« Reply #1513 on: October 05, 2017, 10:29:56 AM »
Phones look more tacky with jelly cases pero natuto nako. Had to put one on mine as insurance in case i drop my phone again. Nabasag screen nung huli ko, wala pang 6 months. On switch becomes harder to press tho.

Katuwa ung app na "shake screen on off". That's my preferred way of waking up my device now.

Offline ris

« Reply #1514 on: October 05, 2017, 04:54:58 PM »
Phones look more tacky with jelly cases pero natuto nako. Had to put one on mine as insurance in case i drop my phone again. Nabasag screen nung huli ko, wala pang 6 months. On switch becomes harder to press tho.

Katuwa ung app na "shake screen on off". That's my preferred way of waking up my device now.

original jelly case ba yan?  pag original alam ko di dapat matigas ang power switch.  even with the fake ones may mga ayos na yung issue with power switch.  madali lang manilaw pag fake na jelly case
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline supremogamer

« Reply #1515 on: October 05, 2017, 07:06:22 PM »
naku now ko lang nabasa ulit itong thread. just bought Asus zenphone 4 max. so far, knock on wood, wala pa problems, battery last 3 days with moderate use,

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #1516 on: October 05, 2017, 07:37:50 PM »
wag mo lang update sa oreo unless reasonably sure ka na walang problem. bakit nga pala ZF 4 max binili mo? halos pareho lang sila ng specs ng ZF 3 max pero lower resolution screen at higher battery cap.

Offline altec

« Reply #1517 on: October 06, 2017, 03:22:08 AM »
Maybe i am fully "rice"-ing my phone, but it is functional... What brands of back rings are good to install? Spigen? Bavin? What else is there?

https://youtu.be/6QVgY2d4X4k

Online lahar

« Reply #1518 on: October 06, 2017, 06:46:44 AM »
Maybe i am fully "rice"-ing my phone, but it is functional... What brands of back rings are good to install? Spigen? Bavin? What else is there?

https://youtu.be/6QVgY2d4X4k

I bought the one from Miniso. Works fine naman. I use less as a stand but more as a finger ring to keep the fone from slipping off my hand.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1519 on: October 07, 2017, 11:51:25 AM »
fhtagn