Author Topic: Android thread  (Read 113006 times)

Offline dean

• Administrator
    • http://www.pinoypc.net
Re: Android thread
« Reply #1480 on: August 24, 2017, 03:44:40 PM »
If you're open to the idea, sell/trade in the phone in GH and get a better phone from the ones they sell or just get a new phone.
Make yourself heard
Portable Strobist Kit for Rent!
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

Offline ris

« Reply #1481 on: August 24, 2017, 05:19:43 PM »
Sign up to xda-developers forum and you can download better battery stats for free, plus instructions for installing it without requiring root.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=67819528&postcount=4

disabling the battery hogging apps without root is another matter though.
looks somewhat technical but i think i can understand those. thanks!

I'd sell the phone.  All this fuzz and considering its new, not worth it.
i could. it has occurred to me. but the phone's battery is so badly performing that i consider the phone broken and i'd rather not get in a situation where i have to retrieve the phone from a disgruntled buyer.

^ or just keep it plugged in at night to avoid the battery drain.
since the phone's slow recharge problem has apparently disappeared, overnight battery loss is not much of a concern lately. it only takes one hour to recharge to full. i just base the abyssal battery life on the overnight result.

what concerns me is the battery drain when i go out, text, call, read ebooks, listen to music and it's not as long-lasting as it was before i upgraded to nougat, so i adjusted by bringing a powerback.

i just find it frustrating that i have to bring one, though, when before i could go through the day with more than 50% battery remaining.

zenfone "max" isn't working for me as claimed by the company just because of a single update.

you should really learn how to root your phone.  its probably the only thing you need to do.  root then rollback to previous version.  then prevent from updating.  di naman ata ito kagaya ng ps3 dati na bawal na mag rollback diba?
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline calvin

« Reply #1482 on: August 24, 2017, 06:41:22 PM »
yep, there's a bunch of application bundled that cannot be uninstalled. from what i have read, one needs to root the phone to uninstall them.

i'm just gonna uninstall/disable apps i am sure i'll not be using to prevent them from running lol.

yup.  you need to root to be able to uninstall bundled apps.  it would have been better if you are able to just reinstall a different firmware. i guess that would solve your problem

Nokia 6 has a feature to easily enable and disable root... called "OEM Unlocking" which allows anyone to flash the bootloader with official or "unofficial" firmware.

Offline ris

« Reply #1483 on: August 25, 2017, 05:09:13 PM »
yep, there's a bunch of application bundled that cannot be uninstalled. from what i have read, one needs to root the phone to uninstall them.

i'm just gonna uninstall/disable apps i am sure i'll not be using to prevent them from running lol.

yup.  you need to root to be able to uninstall bundled apps.  it would have been better if you are able to just reinstall a different firmware. i guess that would solve your problem

Nokia 6 has a feature to easily enable and disable root... called "OEM Unlocking" which allows anyone to flash the bootloader with official or "unofficial" firmware.

does asus have that feature?

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #1484 on: August 26, 2017, 10:15:53 AM »
If you're open to the idea, sell/trade in the phone in GH and get a better phone from the ones they sell or just get a new phone.
i am open to that idea. thanks, i'll keep that in mind.

you should really learn how to root your phone.  its probably the only thing you need to do.  root then rollback to previous version.  then prevent from updating.  di naman ata ito kagaya ng ps3 dati na bawal na mag rollback diba?
from what i've read, there's no way to root Zenfone Max 3 yet.

as for OEM Unlocking, i've read that Asus owners are complaining about the lack of one.

Offline dean

• Administrator
« Reply #1485 on: August 26, 2017, 01:29:26 PM »
babarating ka nila sa GH but it's a quick and easy way to sell off your phone if it really doesn't offer you any peace of mind.  you could also look for those folks who do buy and sell and maybe you can get a slightly better price.  i bought a phone from a guy in fb/olx and i traded in my xiaomi to lessen my cash out.  he eventually posted my phone for sale for 1000 pesos more than the value he got it from me.  i could've priced my phone higher and sold it myself but i didn't want to deal with the hassles of prospective buyers haggling and asking too many things.
Make yourself heard
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #1486 on: August 26, 2017, 07:03:48 PM »
i see. thanks! will try to fix this phone first, then try to sell it if i can't.

2 out of 3 problems (always excessively warm, slow charging) already solved.

Offline joannaa

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #1487 on: September 04, 2017, 04:14:50 PM »
Hello! I need your suggestions. ???  My Android keeps crashing with skype. Maybe there any good alternatives to use?

Offline wheelee

• This is a test of the emergency sound system....
« Reply #1488 on: September 04, 2017, 05:08:34 PM »
wechat is very good - 9 person video call & it's free.
what is love? baby don't hurt me, no more.

Offline ris

« Reply #1489 on: September 04, 2017, 08:28:50 PM »
Hello! I need your suggestions. ???  My Android keeps crashing with skype. Maybe there any good alternatives to use?

facebook messenger?  lolz!  have you tried clearing the cache?  does it still crash after that?  you also could check if there is an update for it that fixes the crash

Offline lahar

« Reply #1490 on: September 04, 2017, 08:40:22 PM »
Facebook messenger na langbdin gamit ko.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

Offline dean

• Administrator
« Reply #1491 on: September 06, 2017, 01:14:44 PM »
Make yourself heard

Offline barurutor

• Moderators
  • The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret.
« Reply #1492 on: September 08, 2017, 05:47:58 PM »
^ looking forward to that one as well

https://www.xda-developers.com/stop-wakelocks-android-without-root/

TLDR; install ADB & Better Battery Stats, ignore wakelocks issued by misbehaving apps.
<insert witty saying or hobby specs here>

Offline joannaa

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #1493 on: September 08, 2017, 07:51:35 PM »
Thank you for your answers. I tried WeChat. It works well but I read that it is not as secure as others :/ I'm a bit surprised at how many options for chat programs there are now! What do you think of these apps? Would like to know everyone's opinions :)

Offline supremogamer

« Reply #1494 on: September 09, 2017, 09:41:28 AM »

wechat is the better option in my experience.
messenger is the worst battery hog in an android phone.

pwede rin viber .

Offline ris

« Reply #1495 on: September 09, 2017, 10:11:01 AM »
i heard viber is the one usually being used here in the philippines

Online splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1496 on: September 09, 2017, 10:26:32 AM »
^ If it's just IM/chat you need I recommend Whatsapp. No funny ads/banners or offers FTW, oh and end-to-end encryption is good too.
fhtagn

Offline joannaa

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #1497 on: September 11, 2017, 11:03:19 PM »
Thank you! I will keep all these otptions in my mind. Will try to pick up the most secure app

Offline wheelee

• This is a test of the emergency sound system....
« Reply #1498 on: September 12, 2017, 12:32:21 AM »
WeChat is essentially Facebook+LinkedIn+Instant Messaging, blending business networking & collaboration and social & friends seamlessly, which is the Chinese way!

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/5CFDQRTiG97-rxfHOuP7Rw
what is love? baby don't hurt me, no more.

Offline joannaa

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #1499 on: September 15, 2017, 10:02:33 PM »
OK. I see, thank you!