Author Topic: Perpetual Traveller's Thread  (Read 5557 times)

Offline lahar

Re: Perpetual Traveller's Thread
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2015, 04:14:22 PM »
What's the limit on bringing liquor from here? I have a trip to Europe in May and I want to bring 2 bottles of lambanog and two bottles of tanduay for my friends.

Depends on the destination. Palabas ng Pilipinas, wala pakialam local authorities.

Yung terminal fee, last year pa isinama sa ticket price. Yung travel tax, balikbayans, OFWs, students and government employees/officials on official trips are exempted, but still have to pay P200 processing fee.

Offline Al

• Administrator
    • Trashcan of Thoughts
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2015, 10:27:18 AM »
Yung pagbili sa Duty Free ng liquor yata ang may hard limit.
Trashcan of Thoughts -- http://www.allibrero.com

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2017, 09:05:46 AM »
going back to US this May with the kids for a vacation (CA/NV).  as much as possible we want to travel light but we have no idea what clothes to wear on that particular month or season. any tips on what to  wear?  are parkas sufficient for the climate or leather  jacket ?  thermal lining?  how about layering?   I want to wear my fav crocs for the entire trip is that alright? 
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Offline barurutor

• Moderators
  • The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret.
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2017, 12:17:18 PM »
Somewhat dated info but when I was in CA (Alameda/SF, LA) from Nov 2000-Feb 2001 I got by with thermal underwear & a wool lined jacket and/or layered clothes.

May is late spring/early summer, you should be fine with parkas for rain or layered clothes.

As for crocs, if they're the old gardening clogs, please have mercy on your company and bring some nice sneakers and/or loafers for when you have to go someplace nice :P
<insert witty saying or hobby specs here>

Offline [X]

• [X]
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2017, 02:28:29 PM »
going back to US this May with the kids for a vacation (CA/NV).  as much as possible we want to travel light but we have no idea what clothes to wear on that particular month or season. any tips on what to  wear?  are parkas sufficient for the climate or leather  jacket ?  thermal lining?  how about layering?  I want to wear my fav crocs for the entire trip is that alright? 

depends exactly where you're going. Bay area is quite windy and should be in the low 20s around May (Baguio weather?). LA would be a little warmer. NV should feel just like in Manila except not humid at all.

i like the cold so i never bother with a jacket except if i'm visiting Minnesota or the east coast in the dead of winter. Maybe bring a light jacket in the off chance it rains.

as with barurutor, the crocs are fine for walkabouts. but i'd bring something nice for when you need to go someplace sossy :)

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2017, 10:57:16 PM »
thanks for the tips guys. US ban electronics from 10 major airports.    http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/21/news/airline-electronics-ban-middle-east-africa/index.html?iid=hp-toplead-intl  the ban . Although will be coming from  manila to hk then la, i am still worried. I don't want to check in our mac and laptop for fear of getting stolen or lost.

Offline [X]

• [X]
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2017, 12:58:17 AM »
^ not bringing anything pirated as well. getting a bit paranoid with ICE searching through my gadgets. drats! now gonna have to rely on KE's onboard entertainment, which fortunately is quite good.

Offline lahar

« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2017, 04:51:48 AM »

Offline AJ

• sudo make me a sandwich
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2017, 07:17:06 AM »
^I'm waiting on how UA would explain that scene.

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2017, 08:37:33 PM »
damn, LTO.   they didn't issue any  card have to wait for undetermined  number of months to get it. leaving next week for LA and I dont know if I could drive there using expired card.