Author Topic: ordering from amazon.com  (Read 3306 times)

Offline athlonFan

• Veterans
    • fyq's site
Re: ordering from amazon.com
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 09:09:09 AM »
egzbue,

Regular Amazon Shopper here.... Read up JAC's instruction. It's straightforward and very easy to follow
I should put something smart or silly here.

http://athlonfan.multiply.com

Offline Hajile

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 11:44:20 AM »
What's the site for JAC?

I just checked TPC and the Asus transformer without the dock is almost $800.00!!! Magkano kaya nag nagpaship mula sa US?
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Offline athlonFan

• Veterans
    • fyq's site
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 11:43:46 PM »
@hajile,

http://www.johnnyair.com/?page=82

Summary:
6.5usd /pound min of 5 pounds (7.5usd for electronics)
5usd processing fee
20usd consolidation fee**

**If items will not arrive at the same time in their office.
*Laptops/high value items will have at least +20usd yata.
I should put something smart or silly here.

http://athlonfan.multiply.com

Offline Demo™

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 02:38:24 AM »
I've been getting most of my stuff from Amazon and have it shipped via JAC, its even cheaper that way compared to getting it locally. I just hope I never will need warranty for my items as none of my office mates are slated for US this year anymore =(

Try to negotiate with your local JAC, if your a regular customer you can actually save a lot.. with my current dealing with them the 12% VAT has been waived and even the laptop/high value items extra charge has been waived and I get 6.5USD even if its electronics ;)
i7 2600K @ 5.2Ghz/Gigabyte Z68-UD7-B3/G.Skill 8-10-8 2133Mhz 16GB /3x GTX580 3GB/2x Intel 510 250GB RAID0/2x Samsung F3 1TB/Silverstone Stridder Gold 1200/Dell 3007

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 07:14:44 AM »
what about books? is it cheaper to get them through amazon and JAC? thanks!

Offline Hajile

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 08:28:18 AM »
I've been getting most of my stuff from Amazon and have it shipped via JAC, its even cheaper that way compared to getting it locally. I just hope I never will need warranty for my items as none of my office mates are slated for US this year anymore =(

Try to negotiate with your local JAC, if your a regular customer you can actually save a lot.. with my current dealing with them the 12% VAT has been waived and even the laptop/high value items extra charge has been waived and I get 6.5USD even if its electronics ;)

Couldn't you just send it to a local service center?

And can you give an example of how much you paid total including shopping and handling? Just so I can compare with a local counterpart? Almost $800 (local dealer) for a tablet that's only supposed to be $399 (US retail) is just too much!
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Offline eadejesus

• Veterans
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 11:24:55 AM »
I ordered an Xbox 360 4gb through Amazon for 150$ (actually 200$ kaso may 50$ credit).  30$ ang shipping through my-shoppingbox.com.  Sea freight ito.  Usually takes 35 to 45 days.
I don't have a sig.  Wouldn't know what to put even if I had one.

Offline eadejesus

• Veterans
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 11:44:51 AM »
^clarift ko lang.  12 lbs yung xbox 360 kaya 30$... nasa 12 lbs yung weight at 2.50$ per pound.

Offline eadejesus

• Veterans
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2011, 11:47:08 AM »
with regards to warranty, unless international warranty hindi hohonor yung warranty dito sa pinas.  You can bring it to a local service center but you would fork over money to have it repaired even if its within the 1 year warranty period, unlike items bought locally.

Offline lahar

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2017, 09:17:50 AM »
I want to order a Thrustmaster steering wheel from Amazon US. Can I use my Philippine credit card and have it delivered to my sister in California?  She will then just bring it to the Philippines.

Offline popoy

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2017, 09:30:47 AM »
Easiest way is to make an amazon account and see if you CC will register.   My brother says among his work mates and their CC, the only one amazon takes is his PNB CC. 
shit happens.

Offline Louie

• Administrator
  • Every end is a new beginning
    • PinoyPC
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2017, 12:44:22 PM »
Does Amazon take Paypal? I have not had any trouble ordering anything and having it sent to my brother in New Jersey whenever I use Paypal as my payment option.

Offline barurutor

• Moderators
  • The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret.
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2017, 07:55:37 PM »
nope, amazon doesn't accept paypal.
<insert witty saying or hobby specs here>

Offline Mr. Bungle

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2017, 10:29:13 PM »
I want to order a Thrustmaster steering wheel from Amazon US. Can I use my Philippine credit card and have it delivered to my sister in California?  She will then just bring it to the Philippines.

Amazon has so far accepted my Philippine-issued Mastercard. The purchased items were shipped to a US-based shipping forwarder.

Offline lahar

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2017, 08:01:48 PM »
Found the steering wheel I was looking for at Trinoma, but I think I can get it cheaper at Amazon, pero matatagalan pa ang ang padala.