Author Topic: Earthquake!!!  (Read 29369 times)

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
Re: Earthquake!!!
« Reply #320 on: August 11, 2017, 08:46:20 PM »
^ Depends on the height of your building I think. Two friends were also there (Makati), one said the shaking was so bad people in their office got nausea. The other didn't feel a thing.
fhtagn

Online lahar

« Reply #321 on: August 11, 2017, 09:10:25 PM »
^ Depends on the height of your building I think. Two friends were also there (Makati), one said the shaking was so bad people in their office got nausea. The other didn't feel a thing.
https://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/topics/buildings-eqs.php

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

Offline jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
« Reply #322 on: August 12, 2017, 07:39:20 AM »
we're on the 22nd of PBCom tower and we just felt a slow rocking motion for maybe around 2 minutes - a bit nauseating at first, but you get used to it after a minute. we just resumed on what we are doing after...
jeremypv

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #323 on: August 12, 2017, 11:46:43 AM »
Somehow I doubt the effectiveness of earthquake drills in the work place. Usual reaction of people when they feel a quake is either keeping quiet and assuming it's just a bout of dizziness or asking the other person "lumilindol ba?". Then everyone goes back to what they are doing. Nobody thinks of raising an alarm or doing what was taught in the drill for the possible aftershocks.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Online lahar

« Reply #324 on: August 12, 2017, 02:59:07 PM »
Somehow I doubt the effectiveness of earthquake drills in the work place. Usual reaction of people when they feel a quake is either keeping quiet and assuming it's just a bout of dizziness or asking the other person "lumilindol ba?". Then everyone goes back to what they are doing. Nobody thinks of raising an alarm or doing what was taught in the drill for the possible aftershocks.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Thats precisely what drills are for. So you won't have to stay quiet and ask the next person what to do.