Author Topic: Love/hate products of our beloved CDR king  (Read 77540 times)

Offline dongdong

• ŽD
Re: Love/hate products of our beloved CDR king
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2008, 04:37:31 PM »
That PS2 gamepad I bought is pretty crappy.  Only lasted about 2 weeks until the buttons felt loose.  Medyo kelangan pa ng slightly more effort to press a button unlike orig ones na kahit slight tap lang magrerespond agad.  Sakit sa daliri nung dpad. I guess this is fine for slow-paced games like RPGs, but a huge NONO for action games like DMC.

Anyways, bought an HDD cooler from CDR King worth P150.  So far so good.  From 52C IDLE,  mine dropped to 33C idle. :D

Nagulat rin ako sa tablet, P1500, but I think I'd rather save for a Graphire.

~"I do not have to regret anything. I started the whole pack. I was the boss of a marvelous pack. "~ -Akela, the Lone Wolf

Offline X3ME15

• Moderators
  • Render Me This, Decode Me That!
    • My Blog
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2008, 12:57:32 AM »
USB-Serial Adapter = P 100.00

detected but need drivers for Vista 64-bit.. hope they can provide one

USB-PS2 Adapter = P 100.00

works great on both Vista 32 & 64-bit & the best thing is its natively compatible w/ any Vista OS and pre-configured properly thru Vista's game controller section in control panel.. very responsive too on DMC4

too bad the dualshock function isn't running but for a hundred bucks, its already a steal if you got a PS2 controller lying around :)

but one thing i love/hate about them is their service & their clerks
Quote from: RE:Rant & Rave Thread
RANT: stupid sales clerk guy from CDR-King SM North Cyberzone, i asked for a USB-to-PS2 Adapter for my cousin, told me there's no stock but i saw it on the display glass.. ok maybe he don't know there's one left so i kept my cool, then i asked again if they got a USB-to-Serial Adapter on stock also, then that fr*ckin' guy told me again there's no stock.. i asked the sales clerk girl besides him if she can check out the stock room if there's anything left and told her discretely that i would really appreciate if she checked it out for herself..

the girl found one and to show my appreciation, gave her a tip..

after paying, i really want to give that moronic son of a b*tch the finger, never even bothered to serve customers or even tried lookin' on what the customer asked..

returned a couple of hours later bec. i forgot to buy blank DVDs for my bro, the same moronic guy that snubbed me earlier asked me what i'm lookin' for.. to get even, i asked the girl besides her that i'll get 500pcs. of blank DVDs..

i really hate moronic sales people that's so lazy to check out their items for sale.. parang bentang ayaw mag-benta!  :angry:
[/url]

"Love is Bliss, Thus is Desolation" - a lover's gripe with humanity | "Patience is Like Foreplay.. The More You Wait, The More Pleasing It Will

Offline natural

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2008, 01:36:36 AM »
Bought a Kingmax PD07 8gb flash drive for P990. Looks like the real deal. Even the case color for the capacity is consistent with the product spec at the Kingmax website. Several Flash software utility has identified it correctly and the capacity is what it says should be. Read/write speed is average, though.

Offline dongdong

• ŽD
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2008, 02:05:27 AM »
works great on both Vista 32 & 64-bit & the best thing is its natively compatible w/ any Vista OS and pre-configured properly thru Vista's game controller section in control panel.. very responsive too on DMC4

No problems on the analog and stuff? No lag?

Looks like I'll have to buy an orig PS2 controller. :D

Btw, rumble only works for the X360 controller.  Wish someone would mod the game, got a good feeling MS paid a good amount to get it exclusive to their controller.
~"I do not have to regret anything. I started the whole pack. I was the boss of a marvelous pack. "~ -Akela, the Lone Wolf

Offline X3ME15

• Moderators
    • My Blog
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2008, 02:19:30 AM »
@dongdong

i was suprised that it hasn't any problems also w/ the analog sticks, no lags whatsoever also.. tried many combos in terms of simultaneous button presses and quick shifting of the analog sticks on DMC4 using a PS2 controller and the adapter and so far it hasn't failed me..

to bad the vibration doesn't work or else i'll give it 10/10 on my best-buy list

"Love is Bliss, Thus is Desolation" - a lover's gripe with humanity | "Patience is Like Foreplay.. The More You Wait, The More Pleasing It Will

Offline dongdong

• ŽD
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2008, 02:31:27 AM »
@X3ME15,

One last question.  Is the controller "mapped" to the keyboard?  Or does it really act like a controller, so that you get 360 degree analog and can hold multiple buttons at the same time?  Like, try moving with Dante while charging a gun and Roundtrip and jumping around while holding R1. Or moving around Nero while holding R1 + R2 + Square. Would really appreciate input. :D

Offline Arkhael

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2008, 02:33:04 AM »
My beloved CDR-King has so far given me products that exceeded expectation. (being cheap expected mga ilang months lang aandar items nila) But luckily I'm wrong.

Have the Jetart VGA Colling hsf for almost 2 years now on another machine with an AGP card.

I've noticed brand na nila nakalagay di na Jetart.

Purchased hundreds of DVDs na and until now they run well on my DVD players. the P6 and the P10 kind.
A universal TV remote control easy to setup.
A hard to find orange LED 90mm fan for more than 1 year na.
A Mickey Mouse laptop skin for my girl.
A lot of hard to find cable adaptors.
USB Vacuum cleaner, aliw ma'm ko dito.

Lucky lang din siguro. low prices for quality products from my experience.

Offline Heishiro

• Moderators
  • BIOMENYEKZ
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2008, 04:21:56 AM »
i love it! its cheap! and dangerous! :lols:
Rick "rolled" Astley would never :
- Give you up
- Let you down
- Run around and desert you
- Make you cry
- Say goodbye
- Tell a lie and hurt you

Offline X3ME15

• Moderators
    • My Blog
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2008, 04:50:53 AM »
@X3ME15,

One last question.  Is the controller "mapped" to the keyboard?  Or does it really act like a controller, so that you get 360 degree analog and can hold multiple buttons at the same time?  Like, try moving with Dante while charging a gun and Roundtrip and jumping around while holding R1. Or moving around Nero while holding R1 + R2 + Square. Would really appreciate input. :D

its not mapped to the keyboard so you don't have that keypress limitation that you experience when you press 4 or more keys simultaneously

you can calibrate directly from Control Panel>Game Controllers and see for yourself

UPDATE:

ARGH!! still can't find any Vista 64-bit drivers for the USB-Serial Adapter!!  :angry: :angry:

Offline timex123

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2008, 08:47:19 PM »
Anyone tried their WiFi Antenna? Pls. comment on the 5dbi and 7dbi antennas if you noticed any gains in signal. Plan to buy either 5dbi or 7dbi. Salamat.

Offline baktol

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2009, 04:26:05 PM »
has anyone tried the 5-port Gigabit ethernet switch (Dexlan and CNET branding) that sells for P280?  any feedback? 

mas mura pa kasi kaysa sa 5-port 10/100Mbps switches nila (being sold for P380) eh.
Emaxx EMX-780G-ACC / AMD Sempron 140@3.01GHz / Kingston Value RAM 4GB (2GB*2) / LiteOn 24x DVD-RW / HEC Raptor 500W / Seagate 500GB SATA / Seagate 80GB SATA / Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Offline Seele01

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2009, 05:08:27 PM »
has anyone tried the 5-port Gigabit ethernet switch (Dexlan and CNET branding) that sells for P280?  any feedback? 

mas mura pa kasi kaysa sa 5-port 10/100Mbps switches nila (seeling for P380) eh.

I bought the white one a day after it was listed and its running 24/7 up to now.
I get about 16-20mb/sec sustained transfer rate (file copying)
May passive heatsink cya sa loob as seen from the vents.

Also bought the cnet gigabit pci nic and works ok

Offline baktol

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2009, 05:42:14 PM »
^

oi ayus!  thanks for the reply.

UPDATE:  bad trip wala nang stock!
Emaxx EMX-780G-ACC / AMD Sempron 140@3.01GHz / Kingston Value RAM 4GB (2GB*2) / LiteOn 24x DVD-RW / HEC Raptor 500W / Seagate 500GB SATA / Seagate 80GB SATA / Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Offline nitsuj

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2009, 02:20:54 AM »

Wow, 100 pesos for this. Some 7 years ago naghahanap ako ng ganito sa Virramall, nasa 1k din or more yung mga medyo branded. :D

Offline beni

• CCIE #36739, CCARFS, JNCIS-ER, JNCIA-EX
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2009, 06:00:45 AM »

Wow, 100 pesos for this. Some 7 years ago naghahanap ako ng ganito sa Virramall, nasa 1k din or more yung mga medyo branded. :D

Kahit yung USB-RS232 Serial Port adapter ang mura sa CDRKing, Php 150 kumpara sa Php 700 dati sa Villman.

Offline baktol

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2009, 01:38:54 PM »
I've been searching for the 5-port Gigabit switch (Dexlan or CNET) and all the branches I've tried no longer have it on stock.  Their online stock inquiry confirms that it is indded out of stock.  However, in one of the branches, I did see a CNET Wireless-G router with a tag of P750...  hmn...

Offline popoy

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2009, 06:47:15 PM »
USB-Serial Adapter = P 100.00

detected but need drivers for Vista 64-bit.. hope they can provide one

I also have that one, no vistas support.  However, they have another model now, bought one a few weeks ago named 'serial to usb,' plug and play on vista.
shit happens.

Offline ris

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2009, 03:59:50 AM »

Kahit yung USB-RS232 Serial Port adapter ang mura sa CDRKing, Php 150 kumpara sa Php 700 dati sa Villman.

i was going to make a topic regarding this.  hahaha!  feeling ko kasi parang may mga products ang cdrking na sila lang ang nagbebenta sa buong pilipinas.  and i thought that the ps2 to usb was one of them...  kakabili ko palang nga ng '2 ps2 to usb' hahaha!  dalawang ps2 controllers pwede mo isaksak.  and also gumagana ang vibration function ko dito sa sf4.  sulit sobra!  hahaha! 

880+150 FTW!!!  880 for the ps2 controller at 150 para sa cdrking na cable.  bumili din ako dati nung 2 controllers in 1 usb.  hahaha!  panget talaga.  orig ps2 parin talaga ang panalo.  but in fairness to cdrking, ung quality ng controller tama lang sa price na binebenta nila.  craziest thing about their controllers is that it works on the ps3 hahaha!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline dino

« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2009, 05:48:02 PM »
i've bought so much stuff from cdr-king and am pretty happy coz they're cheap and most importantly...

they work!

aside from the usual blank dvds, memcards, flash drives, readers, etc... here are some of the more expensive items i've got that i'm absolutely happy w/:

500k pix webcam w/ leds (2 yrs old and going)
LP- 9287 hi-power usb wireless lan  (1 1/2 years on duty)
LP-8186 4-port wireless broadband router (1 year and still alive)
8" digital photo frame (didn't buy though as it was gifted to me last xmas)

BUT, the most indispensable product they have, that i cannot absolutely live w/o is...

y'all might crucify me, but here it is:

the USB vacuum cleaner (p120), lol!

it takes care of all the crap that falls into the crevices of my beloved razer lycosa keyboard!
AMD FX6300 | Gigabyte 970A DX3P | 4x4gb ddr3 1600 | Zotac GTX 1060 3gb | asus sonar dg | lianli pc-07

Offline popoy

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2009, 11:51:12 AM »
hmmmm, maybe I'll get me one of those vacuum cleaners :)
shit happens.