Author Topic: More Darwin Awardees  (Read 4314 times)

Online Sephiroth

Re: More Darwin Awardees
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2013, 01:31:41 PM »
that has got to hurt. a lot.

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2013, 01:04:16 PM »
come on Toshi!

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 08:52:58 PM »
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/626613/man-dies-while-taking-selfie

A Mexican man died over the weekend after accidentally pulling the trigger of a .45 caliber pistol he was holding while posing for a selfie.

come on Toshi!

Offline calvin

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 09:28:49 PM »
Lol... in his drunken stupor, his camera finger must have gotten mixed up with the trigger finger.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2014, 04:35:15 PM »
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/626613/man-dies-while-taking-selfie

A Mexican man died over the weekend after accidentally pulling the trigger of a .45 caliber pistol he was holding while posing for a selfie.

some kid pulled this exact same stunt.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 12:18:46 PM »
Fresh off America day:

Man dies after strapping fireworks mortar to his head and setting it off

A Texas Man Was Attacked And Killed After Ignoring An Alligator Warning

To be fair to the gator victim, there was indeed some atrocious grammar on that sign:

fhtagn

Online lahar

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 12:37:59 PM »

Offline AJ

• sudo make me a sandwich
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2016, 11:09:41 AM »
Man deletes entire company by accidently running one line of dodgy code
http://www.9news.com.au/technology/2016/04/15/11/09/man-accidentally-deletes-entire-company

“Last night I accidentally ran, on all servers, a Bash script with a rm -rf with those variables undefined due to a bug in the code above this line.

“All servers got deleted and the offsite backups too because the remote storage was mounted just before by the same script (that is a backup maintenance script).”

Online motion55

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2016, 07:26:46 PM »
I thought PPC could have been hosted on one of those servers.
"Set your mind free!"

Offline AJ

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2017, 07:27:40 AM »
"He thought a book would stop a bullet and make him a YouTube star. Now he's dead."

http://www.smh.com.au/world/he-thought-a-book-would-stop-a-bullet-and-make-him-a-youtube-star-now-hes-dead-20170629-gx1n6k.html

Washington: Before Monday, before the emergency call and police investigation, Pedro Ruiz, an aspiring YouTube star in rural Minnesota, US, spent considerable time convincing his girlfriend to shoot a gun at his chest.

There would be a thick encyclopaedia book between the barrel and his body, authorities say he told 19-year-old Monalisa Perez. The pages, he reasoned, would stop the bullet.

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2017, 11:41:59 AM »
"He thought a book would stop a bullet and make him a YouTube star. Now he's dead."

http://www.smh.com.au/world/he-thought-a-book-would-stop-a-bullet-and-make-him-a-youtube-star-now-hes-dead-20170629-gx1n6k.html

Washington: Before Monday, before the emergency call and police investigation, Pedro Ruiz, an aspiring YouTube star in rural Minnesota, US, spent considerable time convincing his girlfriend to shoot a gun at his chest.

There would be a thick encyclopaedia book between the barrel and his body, authorities say he told 19-year-old Monalisa Perez. The pages, he reasoned, would stop the bullet.

Yeah, read this earlier.  His girlfriend shot him point blank.  They're expecting a second child too.
come on Toshi!

Offline AJ

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2017, 11:56:39 AM »
The gun?

..a gold Desert Eagle .50 calibre pistol considered "one of the most powerful semi-automatic handguns in the world".

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2017, 01:21:42 PM »
Ahh, but can he be considered a Darwin awardee if he's already reproduced?
fhtagn

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2017, 02:41:50 PM »
Ahh, but can he be considered a Darwin awardee if he's already reproduced?

Good point.  Unless it would, sadly this will affect the survival of his kids, with the mom in jail for criminal negligence leading to homicide.
come on Toshi!

Offline waway

• swabeng unggoy
    • blog kuno
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2017, 04:29:13 PM »
legal conundrum, can this be considered murder?
I read somewhere that even if someone agreed to get killed if you kill them you'll still go to jail for murder, what if you were coerced? what if you were unwilling but were forced? what if they weren't hurting you or threatening to kill you (so no self defense.. defense?) but they were able to clearly force you?

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2017, 06:12:38 PM »
^ 4th degree murder I think, aka 'Involuntary Manslaughter'. She clearly did not intend to kill him, but ended up doing so because of neglect (in this case, neglecting to research the penetrating power of the gun, or the resistance offered by the book beforehand).
fhtagn

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2017, 07:14:03 PM »
I read somewhere that even if someone agreed to get killed if you kill them you'll still go to jail for murder, what if you were coerced? what if you were unwilling but were forced? what if they weren't hurting you or threatening to kill you (so no self defense.. defense?) but they were able to clearly force you?
i asked a lawyer about it. sabi nya magulo daw yung facts.

"Coerced daw pero they aren't threatening you. So paano yung coercion? Moral?" yan sabi nya.

so sabi ko what if mercy killing? what if a 2 guys get in an accident that gor one guy dying slowly and painfully and asked the other to kill him.

sabi nya eto:
"Iba yung motive sa intent
Hindi criminal ang motive which is to save the person from agony
Pero intent nya na patayin sya"

so tinanong ko kung ano kaso sabi nya homicide

"Lesser ang penalty ng homicide
Kesa sa murder
Walang bearing ang motive
Hindi mabuti ang intent nya. Labag sa batas yun.
Motive =/= intent"

-edit-

ngayon ko lang narealize na in response yung question niwaway dun sa shooting. :lol:

Online lahar

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2017, 07:23:26 PM »
At the very least, homicide.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
fhtagn

Offline theDUD3

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2017, 09:58:43 AM »
^ lol! At least he believed he really has powers unlike those who know they have none but try to convince people otherwise for the sake of profit.
Ryzen 7 7100 | Fatality ASRock X370 Gaming K4 | 2x8GB TridentZ RGB 3200 | GTX 980 Ti 6GB OC | 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD  + 4TB Storage | 27" Dell U2713H @ 2560x1440