Author Topic: Does Metrobank Really Charge For Deposits?  (Read 17337 times)

Offline jojitb

• http://
Does Metrobank Really Charge For Deposits?
« on: July 21, 2005, 10:56:22 AM »
My wife just called me up to tell me about it.

She had to make a deposit to her Metrobank checking and her bro's savings account (Cubao branch) but since  it's quite far she decided to just make the deposit in the Metrobank Cainta branch.

When she gave the money to the teller, she was asked to pay P50 transaction fee each.  Slightly shocked, she paid the teller.

She was also informed that Metrobank does not send bank statements anymore via mail.  You have to physically go to your bank and get it.  What a crappy way to cost-cut.
Pahirapan ba ang customers.

Is this really the Metrobank policy now?  I used to deposit from any Metrobank branch without being charged a cent.  What gives?  

I starting to think about pulling out all my bank accounts in metrobank and transferring to BPI.

Anybody have similar experiences?

Offline jack

• Moderators
    • http://jack-jacob.blogspot.com
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 11:13:54 AM »
They also charge 100 pesos for inter-provincial branch deposits. I don't know why though, since everything is computerized now.

Offline Seele01

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 11:16:38 AM »
That sucks! I hope BPI doesn't follow them.

They shouldn't charge since even if you depost at your local bank they will still input it in their computer and transmit it to their central database.

Offline jojitb

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 11:17:19 AM »
yun nga nakakapagtaka eh.  bakit kung kailan interconnected na lahat saka pa meron mga charges.  

Sila lang ba ang ganyan?

Offline damon0501

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 11:22:07 AM »
Nope pati Equitable PCI din ganyan pag interbranch deposit may charge alam ko China Bank meron din.
DAMON0501

Offline Seele01

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 11:24:50 AM »
I'm not sure if they are the only ones doing that but I can confirm that they only release bank statements over the counter.

Offline kent

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 11:27:59 AM »
lahat po ng bank meron, pero pwede kausapin mo ung branch manager na i-waive ito, but it would only waive kung deposit ka from your account's branch to an account in a different branch, kung deposit ka from a different branch to your account di pa rin waive.

if you do make frequent inter branch deposit better apply for a remittance ATM card, no surchages and no minimum daily balance.
si vis pacem, parabellum.

nemo me impune lacessit.

Offline baron

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 11:34:59 AM »
Chinabank? I've routinely deposited to an unknown branch (due to online transactions) from Timog and SM North branch and there were no charges.

Also, I remember depositing to Metrobank Ermita from Metrobank Visayas Ave (for reservation of stay in Bora) last May, they didn't charge me anything. Perhaps Cainta is considered an inter-provincial branch deposit. In which case, P50 is good. Allied bank charges a 100 bucks.

Offline calvin

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 11:49:25 AM »
She was also informed that Metrobank does not send bank statements anymore via mail. You have to physically go to your bank and get it. What a crappy way to cost-cut.
This was done to protect the depositors... follow-up investigations of several hold-up incidents these past years have revealed the presence of bank statements in the lairs of the felons...

Offline jojitb

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 12:05:03 PM »
She was also informed that Metrobank does not send bank statements anymore via mail. You have to physically go to your bank and get it. What a crappy way to cost-cut.
This was done to protect the depositors... follow-up investigations of several hold-up incidents these past years have revealed the presence of bank statements in the lairs of the felons...
In that case they should have sent a formal notice.  We haven't received any.  

My wife only found out when the bank called her and asked her to get the statements because there are too many already and taking up too much room.   :-x

what a bunch of losers

noknok04

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2005, 01:05:38 PM »
dito sila kumikita, ipunin mo yung P50, million yan =)

seriously, its SOP for a bank.  

Offline emancipatedmimi

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2005, 03:20:11 PM »
also,charges 50 when you have a provincial savings/checking account and then you withdraw cash in any atm in Metro Manila.this practice is really really a disservice to students like me who have parents in the province.i know it's just 50 but it amounts to 100 anyway,since you can't withdraw an amount lower than 100!

it sometimes double charges pa because when i verify it to my parents,they say,they already paid 50 also in metrobank in the prov.

i hope metrobank,with its foundation and all,realizes this bloodsucking racket is a disservice.

Offline jojitb

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2005, 03:38:29 PM »
probably why the Philippines has one of the lowest savings per capita in the world (read that somewhere).  People do not trust banks anymore.

Ikaw na nga nagdeposito ikaw pa magbabayad!  1% na lang nag interest nila per annum!

Anak talaga sila nang mga baka!

Offline kent

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2005, 07:25:55 PM »
@emancipatemimi,
you must have those charges reversed, withdrawing from same bank ATM incurr only charges after a set certain frequency of transaction per month and it's 5~10 pesos per excess transaction only, don't let them get away from it, in some cases it's the bank employee who is padding these transactions and not bank policy.
si vis pacem, parabellum.

nemo me impune lacessit.

Offline BaThMaN

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 05:15:22 AM »
Deposit charges:
Union Bank - P0
International Exchange Bank - 0
Metrobank - 50
Allied Bank - 50
BPI - 100
BPI Family - 100
Equitable PCI - 100
(dagupan city to manila branches)

eto technique para no deposit charge:
let's say meron ka bank account sa BPI (branch A), then you have to deposit (e.g.) P5k sa BPI (branch B). ask the teller kung pano itratransfer yung 5k sa different depositor sa BPI branch B. they'll let you fill-up a deposit and withdrawal forms. then sila na bahala.
eddie gil for president!

noknok04

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2005, 06:42:19 AM »
probably why the Philippines has one of the lowest savings per capita in the world (read that somewhere). People do not trust banks anymore.

Ikaw na nga nagdeposito ikaw pa magbabayad! 1% na lang nag interest nila per annum!

sa pagkaka-alam ko, kaya sa buong southeast asia, yung philippines din ang isa sa mga bansa na stable ang banking industry natin compare sa ibang bansa dahil sa mga simple sop na ito.

isipin mo kung walang ganitong sop, wala rin tayong stable na mga banks, mas lalo tayong mawawalan di ba? =)

isipin mo, every other year, laging may magsasara na banks.

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2005, 07:44:38 AM »
probably why the Philippines has one of the lowest savings per capita in the world (read that somewhere). People do not trust banks anymore.

Ikaw na nga nagdeposito ikaw pa magbabayad! 1% na lang nag interest nila per annum!

sa pagkaka-alam ko, kaya sa buong southeast asia, yung philippines din ang isa sa mga bansa na stable ang banking industry natin compare sa ibang bansa dahil sa mga simple sop na ito.

isipin mo kung walang ganitong sop, wala rin tayong stable na mga banks, mas lalo tayong mawawalan di ba? =)

isipin mo, every other year, laging may magsasara na banks.
Bangko Sentral policies dictate that each bank must have a minimum reserve at the end of the day or face fines.

Moreover there are a host of regulations to maintain the liquidity of banks, maintain the ratio of bad loans, foreclosed assets, etc.

Fees charged

In other countries it costs more to maintain an account in a bank at one point because their interest are exceeded by their service charges .
come on Toshi!

Offline neonhyde

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2005, 09:50:36 AM »
eto technique para no deposit charge:
let's say meron ka bank account sa BPI (branch A), then you have to deposit (e.g.) P5k sa BPI (branch B). ask the teller kung pano itratransfer yung 5k sa different depositor sa BPI branch B. they'll let you fill-up a deposit and withdrawal forms. then sila na bahala.

I'll try this one. yung ginawa ko kse, I enrolled the 2 account on my transfer transactions. So even online I could transfer funds to the said account. But this will help me a lot, para naman sa mag-tratransfer ng money sa account ko. =)

Offline [X]

• [X]
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2005, 05:42:37 PM »
read the news..
metrobank income jumped 33% this year due to fee-based business model.

my mom has been complaining of this for a couple of years already. seems like any transaction you do with the bank is faced with a fee. parang singapore, it's a fine city hehe..

for comparison, most of these transactions are free when we were still dealing with PCI Bank, now EPCI...

Offline waka_nga

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2005, 05:50:46 PM »
yap most deposits lalo na kung provincial branch ang pinanggalingan...depende yan sa amount na dineposit mo mas malaking deposit medyo mataas din ang charge...Service Charge ang tawag nila jan....
Imported Fireworks For Sale (pm for details)
teh only thing that's permanent is CHANGE