Author Topic: Perpetual Anime Thread  (Read 146087 times)

Online Sephiroth

Re: Perpetual Anime Thread
« Reply #1880 on: June 12, 2017, 12:59:42 PM »
the problem with anime adaptation is that more often than not it aims to replicated the manga panel by panel and thus prolonging and dragging it off. when animated Marvel or DC shows adapt popular story lines, they get more creative and end up with satisfying results.

my favorite example is the old Justice League Unlimited episode "For the Man Who Has Everything," which is an adaptation of a classic Superman story. it's not a perfect copy of every panel, but it has enough elements to be reminded of the comic books.

which is probably why Dragon Ball Super for me is so good right now. it's not adapted from manga so it can go as crazy as it likes.

PS: manga is adapted by anime which in turn is adapted by movies, to disastrous results. the obsession to mirror nearly everything is ultimately brings many movies down.

Offline altec

« Reply #1881 on: June 17, 2017, 03:41:42 PM »
'A Black Lightning' was released in 1999 and is an audio-only entry to the Initial D franchise. It is set some time before the events of Second Stage and features the NightKids and Impact Blue.

Because the CD was only ever released in Japan and produced in relatively low volumes, it has faded into obscurity - it is almost completely unknown to most Initial D fans in the West. However, a dedicated group of anons recently translated and wrote an English transcript for the CD - leading to the creation of this video. Now you can experience a chapter in the Initial D storyline that was previously thought to be almost completely forgotten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZaAkeGUD4
Will never, ever buy a SONY ever again.

Offline altec

« Reply #1882 on: June 20, 2017, 08:43:46 PM »
Fan made Initial D "super" stage. It has its funny moments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlUvCL76Hhc
Will never, ever buy a SONY ever again.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1883 on: July 09, 2017, 09:34:44 PM »
The Castlevania anime is looking pretty good!
fhtagn

Offline Capcom

« Reply #1884 on: July 11, 2017, 12:32:42 AM »
The Castlevania anime is looking pretty good!

Only 4 episodes for season 1 :(
Intel Core i5 2500, Asrock B75 , 8gb Crucial Ballistix , Palit GTX950 2GB , 80Gb Samsung EVO  ,2x3tb Seagate SV35, Razer Krait , FSP Aurum 600w

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1885 on: July 31, 2017, 05:21:23 AM »
^ Yeah feels like S1 was sort of a pilot to feel the waters. But it works well as a prologue to Castlevania III.
fhtagn

Offline Mr. Bungle

« Reply #1886 on: July 31, 2017, 01:59:31 PM »
I just finished season 2 of Berserk. Really enjoyed it and it's sort of like an animated refresher of the manga for me because I'd already forgotten much of the story progression due to the manga's extremely slow pace and release schedule. Hopefully a 3rd season would be green lit.

Btw, I started watching castlevania and the English voice acting is pretty good for an "anime". The story's looking good for a game adaptation.

Offline uvax

« Reply #1887 on: July 31, 2017, 02:54:58 PM »
^Trevor Belmont was voiced by Richard Armitage - John Porter of Strikeback and Thorin Oakenshield of The Hobbit.

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #1888 on: August 01, 2017, 05:44:57 PM »
Castlevania was ok-ish to me. action scenes were good, but it was too safe a tale. hopefully, season 2 would be better.

Offline barurutor

• Moderators
  • The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret.
« Reply #1889 on: August 01, 2017, 07:05:33 PM »
So I downloaded complete Attack on Titan S2 a couple of weeks ago, is it any good?

Also found x265 BDrips of Evangelion on mega, saw the original TV series but none of the movies.

Which is better to watch?
<insert witty saying or hobby specs here>

Offline bravoexo

• PeopleSoft
« Reply #1890 on: August 01, 2017, 10:06:44 PM »
AoT S2 is when they start getting hope.... Eva is just the opposite. 
i7-3770k, GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Dominator Platinum 16Gb DDR3 1866 C9, GTX ASUS ROG Strix 1080 SLI, Crucial M4 mSATA 256Gb, Crucia MX100-512Gb SSD, Spinpoint F1 1Tb x 2, Barracuda 2Tb Green x 3, LG E2442V x 3, GMX 2.1, HAF-932, M2 850W, MCP355, Apogee GTZ, BlackIce GTX360, G502, AVerMedia LGX, Vantec Dock

Offline Mr. Bungle

« Reply #1891 on: August 09, 2017, 08:24:19 AM »
I just watched the Blame! movie adaptation from Netflix with jap audio/eng subs.

Made me want to re-read the manga for sure. Good timing there's a remastered edition that was published recently.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1892 on: September 15, 2017, 04:46:16 AM »

Heaven's Feel is coming (huehuehue)
fhtagn

Offline Capcom

« Reply #1893 on: September 19, 2017, 10:34:51 PM »
Nice

ufotable ba or a-1 picture studio nito ?
Intel Core i5 2500, Asrock B75 , 8gb Crucial Ballistix , Palit GTX950 2GB , 80Gb Samsung EVO  ,2x3tb Seagate SV35, Razer Krait , FSP Aurum 600w

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1894 on: September 19, 2017, 10:53:05 PM »
AFAIK Ufotable. Dunno if teh secks scenes will make it in, but it's being made as a bunch of movies so we might have a chance.
fhtagn

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #1895 on: September 30, 2017, 05:09:24 PM »
in my mind, modern anime has became stale and stagnant. they all seem to be copies of one another, with littler to differentiate themselves with. worse, they don't even appear to be entertaining, but rather presumptuous in their presentation.

boy was i wrong.

recently the only anime i was watching was Dragon Ball Super. the while it is expected that the heroes will mostly defeat the villains with transformations and power ups, i was pleasantly surprised at how rich the story was with little filler. it was to me almost like saturday morning cartoons of old.

but this sunday DBS will take a break, so i decided to use the opportunity to give anime a chance.

i have heard many good things about My Hero Academia, so i chose that one to watch. with the disappointment that was One Punch Man, which wasn't even funny despite being supposedly a parody, i proceeded to watch MHA cautiously.

i was only mildly entertained by episode 1 (too much crying geez), but by the third episode i was hooked. this is the anime i was looking for. it was genuinely funny (not forced like One Piece) and can sometimes tug at the heartstrings. each episode seemed to actually progress the story, unlike One Piece which was like watching paint peel off the wall. the battles were good and not dragged on and on.  each and every character seemed unique and has relevance, unlike Fairy Tail where only the main cast were the ones saving the day. the villains were not engrossed in some twisted, already used philosophy, unlike Biba (which with his laughable appearance and pink hair could have been named Bobidyboo and would not have made a difference) from... what anime was that again?

anyway, MHA is not without faults, like every episode the protagonist cries a gallon of tears or more and flashback is as regular as eating rice is to Pinoys. but i can overlook those faults because it's an entertaining anime.

i recommend it.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1896 on: October 01, 2017, 06:08:02 AM »
Origin!
fhtagn

Online popoy

« Reply #1897 on: October 05, 2017, 09:36:00 AM »
watched one of the new ones, black clover - Its effing one piece mashed with naruto.   The guy wants to be the pirate king, este wizard king pala haha
shit happens.

Offline Capcom

« Reply #1898 on: October 05, 2017, 11:29:19 AM »
Plus Ultra :D

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #1899 on: October 09, 2017, 05:29:52 PM »
seems like My Hero Academia season 3 is on the way. yay!

Dragon Ball Super 109-110 was a blast. very good fight scenes and an awesome new transformation for Goku, plus a few plot twists and intrigue. Jiren must be god-level, but surely he must have some sort of limit or weakness, right?