Author Topic: Question About Pldt Dsl Package  (Read 4167 times)

Offline Newbie123

Question About Pldt Dsl Package
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2005, 04:56:35 PM »
agawan sila sa 1mbps ayawko kasi i set na halfhalf ehh
panu ba iset yung router na 80% sakin tapos 20% sa 2nd pc

kailangan yata cisco diba???

Offline uveenhacked

• http://
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2005, 10:00:40 PM »
hmmm cge i think il get the professional na lang over the small biz. thanks!

pede ba balik na lng ako sa prof. from biz since 1mbps pala un? huwaaaaa... dapat di nlng ako nag pa upgrade to biz package noon eh.
aLways wATcH uR bAcK[/font]

Offline zagu

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2005, 01:03:43 AM »
bakit ka nag upgrade? pinaupgrade ka ba o it was your own choice?

Offline calvin

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2005, 10:10:07 AM »
This is utter silliness came from PLDTDSL

Step-by-Step Procedures 
My Internet Speed is really low!

Tip 1 : Power Cycle Your Modem

Sometimes your computer’s performance is bogging down because it has been turned on for too long. To prevent this, employ power cycling, which is basically turning of your modem and your computer (remembering to shut down your computer properly – merely using the on-off switch without shutting down can damage your computer!), letting it rest for about two minutes, then restarting the whole system. Your connection speed should be slightly higher than it was before.

If you get an error message saying that the “Server has dropped the connection”, do a power cycle and it should reset your connection, also at a slightly higher speed.

If a power cycle does not help however, there are other tips that can help you improve your connection.

Power cycling?  What are they talking about?
Power Cycling... when you turn off the modem wait for a couple of minutes, turn it on again and pray to all available powers that be that you might have a faster connection this time...

Offline theresa

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2005, 10:57:06 AM »
@ calvin

Ako rin, I also do that - turning off and on my modem especially in the morning pag-open ng shop.  I have to wait 20 - 30 mins para bumilis ung speed ng internet ko.

Offline uveenhacked

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2005, 11:39:39 AM »
bakit ka nag upgrade? pinaupgrade ka ba o it was your own choice?

my own choice... dati kasi, 128/64 download/upload ang prof personal. kaya napilitan ako mag biz. malay ko bang i-upgrade nila ang personal plan at un biz inde? unfair talaga...
aLways wATcH uR bAcK[/font]

Offline jpidro

• Twitter
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2005, 12:28:35 PM »
A forwarded email...
> Hi friends
>

>
> A few months ago we decided to put up our own website We used to be with
> destiny cable and quite frankly we were attracted by the Small Business
> Package of PLDT DSL which included a free PC, 2 year subscription for around
> 4k a month.  It was a decision we regret.
>

>
> 1) After inquiring from the PLDT hot line and signing into the package we
> were later informed we had to migrate from a residential phone line to a
> business phone line. We were not informed of this requirement, but since
> napasubo na kami, we had not choice but to upgrade.
>
> 2) It took us over a month to get our website configured as our ISP number
> was bungled (lost)  somewhere with Infocom and PLDT. Each was blaming each
> other. Me missed our project launch date (which cost us so much money). At
> this point PLDT was telling me that my package needed to be upgraded to 8k a
> month if I wanted my website to be viewed (wasn't that a silly
> recommendation)
>
> 3) After migrating to PLDT DSL we rarely get internet speed above 5 mbps,
> our speed is even worst than the cable we had previously (Destiny)
>
> 4) Despite numerous follow up, we never got our free PC (it has been 3
> months).  When we call, they don't know what to answer us.
>

>
> I guess I have to warn all you friends to carefully consider the DSL
> providers and not get PLDT DSL . I wish I asked around first and I wish
> someone could recommend a reliable and fast DSL provider
>

>

>
> Kindly pass this to your friends/family whom you want to be spared a
> terrible experience.

Offline zagu

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2005, 12:39:56 PM »
thats one reason why i kept on holding my switch to PLDT DSL. natatakot ako kasi balita ko pangit ng service e. Right now im under zpdee. So far oks naman pero i pay 2500 per month to have a speed of 300+ kbps. so feel ko sulit yun 3k plan ng DSL pero takot ako what you guys think?

Offline calvin

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2005, 06:44:06 PM »
A forwarded email...
> Hi friends
>

>
> A few months ago we decided to put up our own website We used to be with destiny cable and quite frankly we were attracted by the Small Business Package of PLDT DSL which included a free PC, 2 year subscription for around 4k a month.  It was a decision we regret.
>

>
> 1) After inquiring from the PLDT hot line and signing into the package we were later informed we had to migrate from a residential phone line to a business phone line. We were not informed of this requirement, but since napasubo na kami, we had not choice but to upgrade.
>
That's wierd, my cousin is subscribed to the same package for almost a year now... but he was not required to upgrade his house phone to a business line. He needed the static IP to setup netmeeting with his american boss. My guess is the telephone and DSL Plan must have been registered using the company name, hence the requirement to upgrade to a business line.
2) It took us over a month to get our website configured as our ISP number was bungled (lost)  somewhere with Infocom and PLDT. Each was blaming each other. Me missed our project launch date (which cost us so much money). At this point PLDT was telling me that my package needed to be upgraded to 8k a month if I wanted my website to be viewed (wasn't that a silly recommendation)
This I don't understand... what is an "ISP number"... as far as I know, the URL is configured either with your domain name registrar's DNS server or your own private DNS server... the ISP's role is usually limited to providing Internet connections...
3) After migrating to PLDT DSL we rarely get internet speed above 5 mbps, our speed is even worst than the cable we had previously (Destiny)
5 mbps wow...  I wonder if the letter sender knows he's in the Philippines...
but I can only vouch for a friend whose internet connection provided by destiny rarely goes above 500kbps...
4) Despite numerous follow up, we never got our free PC (it has been 3 months).  When we call, they don't know what to answer us.
>

>
> I guess I have to warn all you friends to carefully consider the DSL providers and not get PLDT DSL . I wish I asked around first and I wish someone could recommend a reliable and fast DSL provider
>

>

>
> Kindly pass this to your friends/family whom you want to be spared a terrible experience.
This really is unusual... better report them to DTI for false advertising... but our neighborhood internet cafe got their free PC delivered on the day they got their DSL service connected...

I'm not siding with PLDT here but if they really had these issues with PLDT then spreading this SPAM is not the answer... they have every right to report this matter to DTI... I'm sure they will be more than happy to help these people pin down the telco giant...