Author Topic: Help setting up QoS for BayanDSL Aztech DSL5028EN  (Read 277 times)

Offline Gabworth

• Semi-Newbie
Help setting up QoS for BayanDSL Aztech DSL5028EN
« on: July 14, 2017, 12:21:22 PM »
Quick preface, we have the Aztech DSL5028EN modem for home use under BayanDSL. I've been having trouble playing online games when my family is using the internet connection to browse. I searched the web for tips on how to fix this and I learned about QoS.

However, the QoS settings for the Aztech DSL5028EN is really complicated and I can't find help anywhere online. Here's the image of the QoS page of the router:

Can anyone help me? I have no idea what to put into these fields. Thank you very muc!

Offline Louie

• Administrator
  • Every end is a new beginning
    • PinoyPC
Re: Help setting up QoS for BayanDSL Aztech DSL5028EN
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 01:21:25 PM »
Ano laman nung dropdown ng Type of Service tsaka nung Protocol ID?

Offline Gabworth

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 01:28:54 PM »
Ano laman nung dropdown ng Type of Service tsaka nung Protocol ID?

Ito po yung sa Protocol ID:

Unhighlighted/Unclickable po yung ToS for some reason...

Offline Gabworth

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 10:27:49 AM »
Bump?[/font][/size]

Offline Louie

• Administrator
    • PinoyPC
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 11:50:39 AM »
Okay then you need to make two rules. One for port 80/81 and another for whatever port your game is on. Then you set the weight to your game to highest then the one for 80/81 to be medium.

My router before could even change the priority depending on the size of the packets being sent so that you can further put streaming down the chain.

Offline Gabworth

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 07:19:12 PM »
Can you explain it like I'm 5? I'm pretty new to this sort of thing.

Offline Louie

• Administrator
    • PinoyPC
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 02:02:28 PM »
Mahirap kasi hindi ako familiar sa QoS menu ng router mo. Ano meron doon sa Application na dropdown? Pwede mo kasi prioritize dapat ang traffic depende sa application. Yung game mo naman malamang iba ang port sa gamit ng web browsing so ang idea natin ay prioritize natin siya over web (Port 80 and 81).

So alamin mo kung ano yung port na gamit ng game mo at anong protocol. Kung may makita ka din na manual ng router mo mas maganda para mabigyan ka ng mas matinong instruction.

Offline calvin

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 06:47:46 PM »
Also, the QoS can only be helpful if the router is powerful enough to handle all the traffic.

you can shape and prioritize your bandwidth to its optimal settings but if your router is only rated to service 3 users simultaneously then all these would be pointless.

as a comparison, the ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router  is rated only for 10 simultaneous users... a noticeable lag in performance is already noticed when more than 10 are connected.

Online splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 12:20:53 AM »
Can you explain it like I'm 5? I'm pretty new to this sort of thing.

The important thing really is to have your game traffic set to a higher priority than normal web (port 80) and bulk traffic (ftp:21, bittorrent:6881-6889, etc).

If you know what port your games run on it's easier. Quake 3 Arena for instance runs at port 27950, so you go to your router and set port 27950 to highest priority.

If you're not sure, another way is to set web and bulk traffic to lower than normal, that way they get set lower than your games (which will run on normal, as is the default) even if you don't set a custom rule. But this is potentially bad if your router only offers highest/higher/normal/low, because http traffic will get the same priority as ftp and other bulk, making your browsing less responsive. If you have normal/low/lowest, then set 80 to low, and your ftp and bittorrent ports to lowest.
fhtagn