Author Topic: Credit Card Inquiry  (Read 20436 times)

Offline jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
Re: Credit Card Inquiry
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2018, 09:22:37 PM »
The problem with that is, it's not  metrobank you are dealing with already, it's just a collection agency that metrobank sold your information to. metrobank already written-off your account, then sold it to a third party collection agency. The third-party collection agency will profit depending on whether or not they can "make you /pay/".
jeremypv

Offline jojitb

• http://
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2018, 10:08:54 AM »
ibig sabihin blacklisted na siya sa metrobank kahit magbayad pa siya?

Offline jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2018, 10:17:38 AM »
the collection agency can 'work something out' with the blacklist (but without a guarantee), but what i'm saying is that you're not paying the bank anymore, it goes to the agency.
jeremypv

Online ris

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2018, 07:42:47 PM »

i think maaalis dapat ang blacklist kung nagbayad ka.  kung di naman nila aalisin yung blacklist whats the use of paying that debt right?
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline calvin

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2018, 08:40:27 AM »

i think maaalis dapat ang blacklist kung nagbayad ka.  kung di naman nila aalisin yung blacklist whats the use of paying that debt right?

Maalis ka lang sa blacklist after 5 years of good credit standing...

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2018, 11:06:14 AM »
So those demand letters from so & so law firms for you to pay up are just "panakot"?

Offline calvin

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2018, 02:31:27 PM »
So those demand letters from so & so law firms for you to pay up are just "panakot"?

yup... we don't have laws that criminalize bad loans.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2018, 07:38:19 PM »
^ You'll never get back to good standing without paying or declaring bankruptcy though, and bankruptcy is sort of a permanent red mark so it might be worth it to take advantage of the amnesty and pay unless you're fine with being permanently underbanked.
fhtagn

Offline jojitb

• http://
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2018, 08:28:34 AM »
so he should pay what he owes (since okay naman ang terms) with the condition (in writing) that the bank has no further claims and that the good credit standing will be restored after a specified period (with conditions also).

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2018, 02:38:04 PM »
Your credit limits will likely be curtailed but this will get bumped up according to pattern of use.
come on Toshi!

Offline Banhammer

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2018, 04:17:38 PM »
I use paymaya nowadays. https://paymaya.com/
It functions like a "virtual credit card". I think you can get a physical card version if you want.

Offline calvin

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2018, 06:55:52 AM »
It functions like a "virtual credit card". I think you can get a physical card version if you want.

It's a virtual debit card since you have to top it up with credits first before you use it... credit cards can be used to pay for items which you can pay at a later date.

Online ris

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2018, 01:28:10 PM »

its better if you got the mvprewards card.  especially if you are a pldt, smart or sun subscriber.  you just register your account and you get a free physical card from mvprewards while still having a paymaya virtual card.  you even get points every month if you pay your bills on time and in full. 
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline Banhammer

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2018, 06:48:47 AM »
@calvin thanks for clarifying the difference between debit and credit card. I always thought debit card means it's tied to your bank account.

@ris thanks for the tip. Never knew about the mvprewards card, I do get rebates from paymaya from time to time.

Online lahar

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2018, 04:00:33 PM »
@calvin thanks for clarifying the difference between debit and credit card. I always thought debit card means it's tied to your bank account.

@ris thanks for the tip. Never knew about the mvprewards card, I do get rebates from paymaya from time to time.

Some debit cards are tied to bank accounts, in certain cases ATM cards can also function as debit cards, but generally debit cards must have a "load" or money deposited before it can be used.

Offline Banhammer

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2018, 11:09:41 PM »
I see, thanks. That's another reason to use paymaya; if ever your virtual card info gets stolen, for example you used it in streamlabs.com to donate to a streamer and for some reason the server saved your cc info, the amount of money that can be stolen is limited to your "load" and not your entire savings. Ofcourse you could always contest cc usage.